Horrible Wal Mart Trip Today....need To Vent!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 12:10 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
gahippiechik has posted more than 200 great deals!gahippiechik has posted more than 200 great deals!gahippiechik has posted more than 200 great deals!
Walmart Horrible Wal Mart trip today....need to Vent!

Went to Wal Mart today to pick up some things....I had quite a few coupons and 3 of them were for the free scotch brite scrubber. I handed the lady ALL my coupons and she just looked at me and made a noise and slammed the coupons down. Then she started looking at each and every one...What the point was behind that I have no clue...All she needed to do was scan them, right? she would stare at one and then scan it. Had to question me about each one. Then she got to 2 $2.00 off clean & clear, and had a fit because I got the trial size for these. She then called over a CSM and then another manager. They had a five min. discussion about the coupon and said they could only give me 97 cents for them instead of the $2.00. Well, what was I going to do...I told them fine. Then they gave me a hard time about the free coupon for the toilet scrubbers. Said I HAD to purchase each one seperate. I took one and just left. What a pain...Makes me not want to use coupons at Wal Mart anymore.
But here is the funny part....Went to another Wal Mart later on in the day and used my other free coupons for the scrubber with no problem at all and got them both in the same transaction!
Should I call and complain...It's not like they can really do anything.
Anyways, just needed to vent. Maybe I should just stick with CVS!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gahippiechik For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-12-2008, 01:07 PM

RE: Horrible Wal Mart trip today....need to Vent!

My Mood/Status:
vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sorry you had a bad experience... Stick with the other Walmart.
The Following User Says Thank You to vrtuoswmn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 01:11 PM

Relaxing

My Mood/Status:
twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
yea,I would agree stick with the other one...Also Remember you're not entitled to the overage of the clean and clear. YMMV on overages..but also saying that..Cashier didn't have to be snooty..Seems they were sniffing the glade too...Huggs sorry you had to go thru that.
The Following User Says Thank You to twilcn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 01:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Standard walmrt procedures= rude and big pain in rear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbsguy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 02:14 PM

Welcome Baby James! 1/27/14
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
My BF works at Walmart and I still have to agree with Bubbs. They are not very good at hireing quality people to work the front of the store. I guess they just take what they can get. I guess that is why my BF was a manager after 4 months or so. It was because the customers actually liked him and he worked. What happened to "the customer is always right"?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and new baby James!
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntinglabmom05 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 03:51 PM

Relaxing

My Mood/Status:
twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
No Kidding...I'm guessing the policy flew out the window as well as customer service.
The Following User Says Thank You to twilcn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 04:27 PM

is loving Kroger deals

My Mood/Status:
mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
sorry for the bad experience!!! stick with the other wal mart though or go on a different day if you can, sometimes it helps if i go when they're less busy, i dont know why... <3
's wife to Luke
The Following User Says Thank You to mrslukebrown For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 04:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
gahippiechik has posted more than 200 great deals!gahippiechik has posted more than 200 great deals!gahippiechik has posted more than 200 great deals!
I didn't really care about the overage on the clean & clear...I understood that one. It was that they were rude, thats what upset me. Thanks for your input!

Old 04-12-2008, 05:52 PM

Welcome Baby James! 1/27/14
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would call the 800 number and let them know. They can not fix it if they do not know.
and new baby James!
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntinglabmom05 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 06:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I went to Walmart today too - and got that we can not accept coupons without anything on the back. I was using a few IPs - she took it to head cashier and was surprised when it was approved. Has anyone else had this happen? Also I could not find several Walmart items that other members are getting but my Walmart is not a Super Walmart so that may be why.

Laney
The Following User Says Thank You to laney5454 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 08:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
They always give me a hard time when I have more than one coupon for the same product. If I have 3 items and 3 coupons they don't want to accept all 3 in the same transaction. I have noticed all cashiers are different. some will take them with no problem and some don't want to take any of them.

The Following User Says Thank You to gahippiechik For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 08:35 PM

SAVVEY SAVER
Nuttier than a Squirrel turd

My Mood/Status:
bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
same here, I always get a hard time at Walmart about coupons!
The Following User Says Thank You to bclarkcaldwell For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 08:47 PM

Getting ready for March Madness 🏀
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'am still looking for the scrubber, Walmart here didn't have it...
The Following User Says Thank You to Drea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 09:16 PM

mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I usually have great success with coupons - not tonight! There were only a few lanes open, so not many cashiers to choose from. She carefluuy checked each coupon. I had a deodorant one that would give overage. It was .97 and I had $2.00Q. "She said you can't use this, what are you trying to do?" I felt really dumb and I didn;t want to draw any attention to myself. I asked if she could adjust them to .97. She said no, then you'd be getting it for free, and besides I can't adjust a coupon down. You can't use a $2 coupon on a .97 item" I calmly then asked her to remove the 5 deodorants. I was frustrated, but the last thing I want to do is make myself known if you know what I mean! I suppose this is an issue that depends on the cashier, but can't they at least adjust it down then to the price of the item. They still get their coupon from the manufcaturer. I wish cashiers were better educated on coupons!
The Following User Says Thank You to mtalk For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2008, 10:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
i went to a walmart in ga the other day and got 5 of the glades..the cashier said i dont know if we can accept these since its for $3 and the glade is only $2.47..so she called the manager over..she was really nice the entire time..just didnt know what to do..so the manager looked at it..said yep..its for the right product..the cashier said well the coupon is over the price..and the manager said unless it says up to $3 then they get the whole $3 off..no matter the price of the item..i was shocked..

"I know that God won't give me more trouble than I can handle... but sometimes I wish he wouldn't trust me so much."
- Mother Teresa
The Following User Says Thank You to lochelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2008, 07:33 PM

Blessed
Highly motivated

My Mood/Status:
angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I understand why you would not want to go back to Walmart. I feel the same way.... really dissapointing after all the planning, you know?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
One time my cashier would only take one of each type of coupon, and she scrutinized each one and asked a supervisor on a few. So I emailed corporate to ask their policy. Within hours the store manager contacted me and said I could use multiples (with in reason) and she would talk with the cashier and hope she didn't lose my business.

Sometimes if you know the name of a manager that has approved you before, you can name drop.
& Claire
Old 04-13-2008, 11:12 PM

is searching high and low for Pampers Points!

My Mood/Status:
LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
The last time I was at Walmart, I had an original manufacturer coupon that wouldn't scan, so the cashier checked with the CSM and came back and told me if it didn't scan, they couldn't accept it. I left the item I was going to purchase. When I got home, I went to walmart.com, selected the Walmart store that I visited, told walmart.com about my experience, and asked about their coupon policy. That same day, I received a call from the manager of that Walmart. She apologized and asked me to describe the cashier. She said she knew exactly who he was by the description I gave her. She told me they accept all manufacturer's coupons, regardless of whether or not they scan, and if I ever have a similar problem in the future, I need to tell the cashier that I spoke with "Sonia" (the manager) and she said it was ok. She said she'd bring this problem up at the next staff meeting and make sure that the employees know the proper policy!

My experience is that it's good to speak up, because even though employees may be telling you "the way the horse is going to eat the cabbage," they are not always right and may need more training!
Michael Landon, (1936 - 1991)
Old 04-14-2008, 02:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I find that if I go through the self scanner when at all possible with coupons it is best.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:53 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
I find that if I go through the self scanner when at all possible with coupons it is best.
Not at my stores they open the coupon box and check your coupons before you leave the self scan-if they see that you used coupons. I have better luck with real cashiers-and that doesn't work most of the time.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I usually don't have problems at my Walmart, but one day I went to get the CleanTeams. I got 12 packs, used 6 coupons. The girl said she had to ring up 2 at a time and do 6 different transactions, because they said "on any two". I just stood there with my mouth hanging open, trying to keep from laughing, and let her do it.

I think Coupons 101 should be required for ALL cashiers!
The Following User Says Thank You to mpayne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2008, 05:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpayne View Post
I usually don't have problems at my Walmart, but one day I went to get the CleanTeams. I got 12 packs, used 6 coupons. The girl said she had to ring up 2 at a time and do 6 different transactions, because they said "on any two". I just stood there with my mouth hanging open, trying to keep from laughing, and let her do it.

I think Coupons 101 should be required for ALL cashiers!
THAT is funny!
The Following User Says Thank You to vrtuoswmn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2008, 05:47 AM

mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtalk has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
What about in the case of overage? Most cashiers have just let all the coupons through.
When questioned this time, I asked if she could just adjust it to the price of the item. I didn't want to get the manager involved, because I didn't know how they would react to coupons that would give overage. Shouldn;t they then at least be able to adjust the coupon down?

Tags
horrible, mart, todayneed, trip, vent, wal