Do You Like The New Look Of Your Wags Ads?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 08:05 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Do you like the new look of your Wags Ads?

I am looking at the Walgreens ad you get in the paper, (which I have to pu at the store lately, hasn't been in our paper lately?) and I am underwhelmed. I loved the old look, it was a feast for the eyes. I literally loved looking at it over and over b/c I always seemed to miss something and it was great to scan and look.
Now the newer ones are lacking that ooompphhh. They kind of stink, the sparkle is gone. I get the appeal of less is more, but I loved the old Wags ads, it was kind of their trademark. Has anyone else noticed this, it is kind of a minimalist ad lately, I don't know but it just isn't exciting, other than the Got2Be deal I haven't been happy with their sales either, blechhh. Sad. Anyone else have some thoughts on this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:12 PM

RE: Do you like the new look of your Wags Ads?

My Mood/Status:
1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree the ad is missing that sparkle as you put it.

Anne
Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
qpnbb has posted more than 300 great deals!qpnbb has posted more than 300 great deals!qpnbb has posted more than 300 great deals!qpnbb has posted more than 300 great deals!
i kinda like it. it does not look cluttered. not messy
Old 02-28-2012, 06:28 AM

love2coupon

My Mood/Status:
mimibrowneyes has posted more than 75 good deals!
I REALLY like it. Working in marketing, I know "less is more" and the cleaner layout makes it easier to locate items. The coupon page is particularly nice. Change is always difficult at first.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:33 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I find it looks like Target ads now.

I have found a lot of unadvertised sale which means they are learning not to put them in their ads so people can't PM these kind of sale @ WM and other stores that ad match.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 AM

Brandon'sWife has posted more than 25 good deals
I didn't think about the PMing joshmamabear. Good point!
The 'unadvertised' deals are all in the online ad so there are the same amount of sales but only half are advertised in the circular. The remainder are only advertised online.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 AM

pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I find it harder to see the RR deals the first look through. It's cleaner and nicer print but it's not as eye catching and it blends together. I had to look at the ad twice for some of the sales to see them.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:40 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree with the PP.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:25 PM

Carpools has posted more than 25 good deals
I don't think there are as many deals....but the weekly coupons are easier to find. ha.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carpools For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM

ananyavb has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ananyavb has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ananyavb has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ananyavb has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ananyavb has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ananyavb has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ananyavb has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ananyavb has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ananyavb has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I'm ok with the new look, it's a good thing having all the IVCs on the same page. Would prefer the wraparound be a regular sized page

Don't like having to look online for the Bonus Buy too... how in earth will we get an RR force printed if there's nothing to show the cashier in the store flyer. Very sneaky of Wags
The Following User Says Thank You to ananyavb For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 AM

My Mood/Status:
Newbie Wan Coupone has posted more than 300 great deals!Newbie Wan Coupone has posted more than 300 great deals!Newbie Wan Coupone has posted more than 300 great deals!Newbie Wan Coupone has posted more than 300 great deals!
I hate the new look. I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like it, OP. I loved the old ad style. The red always popped at me. This new ad is bland, bland, bland.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newbie Wan Coupone For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
cringe has posted more than 100 good deals!cringe has posted more than 100 good deals!
The first week it looked like that I said it looks like there's nothing in it! Like they literally just spread it thinner to take up enough pages...

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cringe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 04:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Personally, I like the new, cleaner look. I didn't realize there may be other deals available when you check the on-line version. Do I need to do that every week now??
Old 02-29-2012, 07:30 PM

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am not really happy with the online specials. I hate that I have one more thing to check now.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:24 PM

Spring
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Walgreen trying to save money on the ad...Wrong ideal consumer shop with there eyes bad move on there part...
The Following User Says Thank You to cocoadiva43 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't think WAG is cutting corners on their ads, it is all about marketing strategy that they learn from consumers that post them online. If they think their ads will bring MORE business to their competitors via ad match, they will protect their business interest by not putting out all their sale in the ad. This way, customers will go to their store to check and see unadvertised deals they are offering. If this succeeds, we can expect more unadvertised compared to advertised deals.

I'm sure WAG is monitoring trends and since more and more WMs are now requiring ads as proof, they want to keep customers going to WAG instead of just PMing @ WM.

M2C.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:01 AM

Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
joshmamabear, I never thought of it that way but that makes a ton of sense. PM is a big prob competition wise and I get it now, hmmm, this is kind of scary though, others may follow their lead. More homework for us, but I think at least it will be easier if you check on here before you make your trip. But I still like the old ads better. Oh the good ol' days, .

A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"