Good Trip And Bad Trip To FL

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 07:53 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
nickysmom has posted more than 10 good deals
Good trip and bad trip to FL

First the bad trip.

I went to CVS this morning so I thought I would run into FL that was right there (not my usual store but close to where I was already) I bought $75 worth of stuff and the $10 off $25 coupon freaked the cashier out!!!!! She was sure there was something about it being fake. I was so embarassed she kept going on and on the manager told her to take it if it would scan. Three times he told her it was not fake and to take it if it would scan. Finally she scanned it it went through fine. Then gave her my other coupons they scanned except the ones for $2 off dr pepper, $2 off Breyers, and $1 off oatmeal. ALL from the food lion website. I was only using one of each as well. She told me they couldn't take them if they wouldn't scan. I got fed up with her acting like I was doing something wrong. So I told her never mine I would like all my coupons back and they could put the groceries back I had had enough.

Now the good trip!
I went to my usual FL after that bought the same stuff total $75.92 after scanning my card and all my coupons (including the $10 off $25 and the other printables) my total OOP was $19.81 I thold them thank you and that I would NEVER go back to the Statesville Blvd store. Then I told them why she gave me the number to call today and make a complaint. I haven't decided if I am going to do that or not. What really gets me is the FL printables scanned just fine at my regular store is it possible she was covering part of the barcode so it wouldn't scan at the other store?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 08:08 AM

RE: Good trip and bad trip to FL

loves free groceries!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!

It could be possible that her scanner wasn't working right. Or that their registers are older/newer. Or that the sun was shining precisely into the scanner, thus making it not work. :wink2:
Old 02-04-2008, 08:11 AM

AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I contacted Food Lion after a similar experience trying to use one legitimate internet printable. They took the matter very seriously and the local store manager called me several times. I was also sent a $20 gc for my trouble. However, that store still says they do not accept any internet coupons and they have also told me that they do not have a coupon policy to post. But, I would still call!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:54 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Princess1969 has posted more than 200 great deals!Princess1969 has posted more than 200 great deals!Princess1969 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I would call too! It gripes me to no end when a cashier freaks out and acts like that money is coming out of their paycheck! Expecially when they already have the manager's approval.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:38 PM

autumn8674 has posted more than 25 good deals
I had a cashier today that was looking at my coupon about 5 times and asked two other people if they'd ever seen a coupon like that. She didn't complain and she did ask me if I printed it off the internet. I don't know if she didn't know it existed and wanted to use one or what. Every other cashier took it just fine without any comments. Also, I had asked one guy (I'm pretty sure he was a manager) if I could use the coupon multiple times if I split up my stuff into multiple orders and he said yes. I've used that coupon about 7 times now!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:58 PM

AFC Star Member

JoshPowell has posted more than 50 good deals
My trip today, $13.40 OOP... $20.15 in coupons tendered.

Then 4 more separate dr pepper transactions.

Tags
bad, good, trip