I Got A Little Dirt Cheap Smarter, Today

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 09:35 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I got a little Dirt Cheap smarter, today

I went to Dirt Cheap this morning and was kind of surprised that there were so many people there, only 10 minutes after opening. On my last visit, I learned that they actually do clearances. I thought the whole store was one big clearance bin. But, last week, I actually noticed there were racks of clothes with clearance signs for $0.50 and $1.00. I hadn't realized before that at some point, they will box up a whole area and send everything back and replace it with new stuff. I thought they were just adding more stuff, after they reached a certain % off and were just starting over with the discounts. I guess, that explains how the rack of $0.75 boxing shorts I was looking at went up to $3.00 only a couple of days later. I also didn't know they did 'back to school'. This morning, they were just stocking the school supplies. The packs of notebook paper were $0.25, which I think will probably be the best sale price other stores are going to give us this year. They even had backpacks and everything. The biggest thing I learned today was that the store has an announcement system. I found that out today, when they announced that the plastic totes were $0.50 each and the furniture next to them was all $2.00. There was a wave of people heading to the center of the store at once. The totes didn't have any lids. But, I picked up 2 of the 30-gallon Sterlite totes. I would have gotten more, if there were lids. But, I can still used them for storage without them. Some people were getting like 10 or more. There was a giant pile of totes waiting to replace the clearanced ones. I'm going to have to watch these because they actually did have lids. Now, I want to buy a ton of those.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2011, 09:44 AM

RE: I got a little Dirt Cheap smarter, today

is living and loving life :)

My Mood/Status:
randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I don't know what Dirt Cheap is.....but go you!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
messijessi77 has posted more than 200 great deals!messijessi77 has posted more than 200 great deals!messijessi77 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Where are you located? I guess we don't have those stores- I am in North Arkansas
Old 06-14-2011, 08:34 PM

Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm in Baker, La. There is a location a few minutes away in Zachary. I was looking at the store locator at ilovedirtcheap.com and it looks like their stores are only in Lousiana, Mississippi and Alabama. I wish we also had a Treasure hunt location.

I was just thinking about the 90% off wedding dresses I saw today. I was just curious enough to walk over to the rack to see the price tag on one. $1600 - yikes! Even at 90% off, I think $160 was too much for an ugly dress that looks dingy and will only be worn once. But, what do I know, that could actually be the color it was supposed to be -LOL
Old 09-05-2011, 11:59 AM

Still loving it. Over the last week or 2, i've gotten a lot of women and kids shirts there on clearance 4/$1. Well, I also got some, when they were $0.50. But, $0.25 has been more attractive. They have just refilled the underclothes bins and i'm waiting for the girls briefs to drop in price. $0.50 each is not bad. But, i'm much more willing to rummage through the giant piles for a size 7, if they are $ 0.25 or less. I know they do go down pretty low because I really racked up on some for myself, when the men's briefs and socks dropped to $0.15. An amazing price, considering what the same Fruit of the Loom and Hanes underwear cost at Walmart. I can live with brand new briefs that are out of the packaging. Just always wash them first - LOL The school supplies have gone down to $0.02 each. So, i've been getting those on every visit also. No more good binders left, since it all went down to $0.05 a couple of weeks ago. But, i've got enough to last for years. Now, it's mostly fabric book covers and those no prong folders. Still good enough for me. On Saturday, I landed a Sunbeam Snow Cone maker for $3.00. They were 90% off and I was a little worried about it because all the boxes are always open. But, the machine was covered in the original inside wrapping (opened of course) and had the instruction booklet. I plugged it in, in the store, and it did run. So, I figure, even if it died after making a few snow cones, I would still get more than my monies worth, considering the price of buying a snow cone from a stand. They had many of the Rival versions of the same machine (I think for $1.00 less). But, they all seemed to be partially disassembled and I didn't want to chance it to save $1.00. Today, I got a Soak 'N Splash (Slip and Slide) water slide for $1.50. Okay, the box was taped up and I didn't really feel like undoing all the tape. I figure that I could risk the $1.50 and maybe a patch or 2 would do, if anything is actually wrong with it. Too bad my nieces have so many purses and wallets to play with because the TSU bags and wallets are now 2/$1.00. They had been there for months and it seemed that no one was buying them (they didn't have any pricing info at all). But, today, there were 2/$1 signs all over that aisle and most of that stuff was outtie. Also, the Coolpix digital cameras. I don't know if they sent them back or what. But, between Saturday and today, they all disappeared. So, I guess, I won't be waiting for them to drop down to $14 at 90% off. Drats!