Victoria Secret Codes - HEADS UP

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 11:41 AM
May you believe in the Risen Christ as Saviour
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Exclamation Victoria Secret Codes - HEADS UP

Just got off the phone with VS - they called in response to my email. The gist of the story is:
  • Codes on any internet site other than theirs or other than the ones in their catalogs or promotions, are not to be trusted
  • Codes of this nature may work or may not work - hence they can be bumped from your order
  • Their computer system may let a few non-valid codes through before it is caught
  • Typically, it is 1 code per item (sometimes one per order) and is given based on the specific type of item purchased (i.e. sleepwear)

As you may have read in a prior post on VS orders, I ordered 1 sleet T and requested the following freebies via the codes I found on AFC and also saw on retailmenomore.
  • Fragrance set
  • VS Spice Girls CD
  • $5 off Special Offer
When I got to the end of the purchasing cycle, I noticed the $5 was removed and my total spent was increased. I emailed VS. That was all yesterday. I checked the order status this a.m. and saw there were NO FREEBIES LISTED ON THE ORDER. I thought, huh, must list them some other way.

Today when I talked with the rep from VS, she saw that all the frees were gone, too, not just the $5 I originally emailed them about. She said "she" would send out the fragrance set as a separate shipment but that I probably did not qualify. I told her that yes, the fragrance set was on the home page when I ordered the qualifying sleepwear item. Also on the website when I ordered was a CD of the Spice Girls for any purchase. She said she would send 1 item. That people were abusing it by getting more than one item. So I told her the fragrance set would be fine for the gift. She also pointed out that I received 3 "gifts" when I purchased a $19 sweater on my previous order.

So folks, VS is tightening down the hatches. She did explain that sometimes you could get more than one of the items if you purchased the qualifying items and amounts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We love Him because He first loved us. I John 4:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Who among us would ask our children for a loan,
so we could spend money we do not have, on things we do not need?" Gov. Jindal

Last edited by GrannyGodley; 12-14-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2007, 04:08 PM

RE: Victoria Secret Codes - HEADS UP

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thank you. I used it today and I used 4 codes all went through. If they e-mail me about not being able to use so many I will just cancel the order.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
check it twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 332pca View Post
Thank you. I used it today and I used 4 codes all went through. If they e-mail me about not being able to use so many I will just cancel the order.
Go online to see what the order looks like now that it is finalized. Then check the status of the order a few hours or a day later. That is what happened with mine.

Of course, you may have ordered enough qualifying stuff to qualify you for the 4 codes.

I think somehow mine had a "Red Flag - look out! GG is ordering!"

Old 12-14-2007, 05:10 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DarrellsGirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
wow thanks for the heads up - i'll just cancel if i have any problems
Old 12-15-2007, 01:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
i think she sounds like most CSRs and doesnt know what she is talking about..the codes for the perfume and cd you used were on THEIR website..i saw them myself..and you met both of the requirements..

the $5 off im not sure about..i found one but it expired on the 5th so maybe this one did but the computer just didnt catch it..

"I know that God won't give me more trouble than I can handle... but sometimes I wish he wouldn't trust me so much."
- Mother Teresa
Old 12-15-2007, 08:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
tbaby has posted more than 75 good deals!
Granny I told you not to use that $5.00 code but to use the 15% off. Yes it is less but it worked without a hitch!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:57 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
So, tbaby, I blew it. That is o.k. According to them (at least the CSR) I shouldn't get anything. But I knew the codes were on their website. What can I do? It just tells me that sometimes "something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

Old 12-15-2007, 11:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
granny of 7 has posted more than 300 great deals!granny of 7 has posted more than 300 great deals!granny of 7 has posted more than 300 great deals!granny of 7 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I'm sorry you couldn't get any of the Vs deals.
Were you a naughty girl this year and Santa (CSR)
is putting coal in stocking instead of VS

Old 12-15-2007, 11:18 AM

My Mood/Status:
Granny G you didn't blow it, but next time play with the codes before you place the order and if something isn't right after you place it just call right away and cancel the order. Don't worry we will continue to help just be patient. As for you Granny of 7 you ought to be ashamed of yourself picking on sweet Granny G. I got some coal for you in your stocking this year! LOL LOL LOL

Last edited by tbaby; 12-15-2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Error
Old 12-15-2007, 11:37 AM

four under five!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
my order, placed early yesterday, still says 'in process' on the VS site, but hasn't been changed at all. do you think i'm safe?
Old 12-15-2007, 04:22 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
tbaby - all three of the codes were accepted before I clicked the final purchase button. The SCENT, VSSPICE, and $5 Special Offer. The bottom line loked fine, too. I said o.k. to the "purchase" button and voila, the final "INVOICE" was more $$$ and I saw the $5 had been removed and tax increased. So I emailed them to ask they reinstate the $5 or explain to me why.

I got the call from CS and that is when she tried to tell me I didn't qualify for any. I explained I did as they were showing on the website. So she GRACIOUSLY allowed 1 (its either/or in her opinion) and I chose the fragrances.

So I was trying to get all of you to be certain your order goes through as your expect so that if not, you can cancel.

I guess I am getting the coals or switches.

Got "switched" at CVS yesterday. One CVS took all my coupons included the 2 different # CVS tissues. The 2nd CVS store had trouble with the 2nd CVS tissue coupon and finally said I had exceeded my use of it.

Today, at Harris Teeter the Silk coupon here on AFC wouldn't scan. She called the ast.mgr. (great BIG fella) who read the entire thing, tried to scan it. Wouldn't. Try to key it in. Wouldn't. Said, "Where did you get this?" Replied: Internet. Response: Well, HT policy is we don't accept internet coupons that exceed .99. I said that's fine.

So - switches, coals, raindrops keep falling on my head........ (of course, though, we need the rain.)

Old 12-15-2007, 04:47 PM

The early bird catches the worm!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ctlg Item Description/Color Size Ordered Price Status Ship Date
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3G 216946 Pom-pom booties OS 1 $5.00 In-Stock
j58-hawaiian blue
3G 219970 Sleepshirt L 1 $10.00 In-Stock
j58-hawaiian blue
YH 216248 Atomizer coffret OS 1 $0.00 In-Stock
multicolor (99)
YF 223721 OS 1 $0.00 In-Stock
lj7-cotton candy

Order Totals Ship Totals
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Merchandise Total $15.00 $15.00
Shipping/Handling $5.95 $5.95
Sales Tax $0.96 $0.96
Special Offer -$5.00 -$5.00

Pymt Summary Order Total Bill Today
$16.91 $16.91

I used 4 codes: 5 off 10, 10 sleeptee, free fragrance set, and free lipgloss.
I had to play around a little to make those 4 codes go through.
I sure hope they don't change anything now that my order has gone through.

FreebieMama believes in reading
Old 12-16-2007, 12:14 AM

My Mood/Status:
Oh Granny G, I'm so sorry that you are having a time with your coupons and discounts. Here I gotta secret for you. I'm going to PM you now with it. P.S. Keep Your chin up!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:08 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
the rest of the story

Here is the end of GG's Saga of the Victoria Secret Deal. I ordered the Sleep-T, it came. They cancelled the freebie fragrance set, Spice Girls CD, and $5 discount. After emails and phone calls and more phone calls. I finally got a rep who was gracious and understanding. She understood that I was entitled, according to the promotion on the website, to at least the fragrance set (even though the Spice Girls CD was offered with any order on the same webpage).

Anyway, this week I RECEIVED THE FRAGRANCE SET. So there you have it, "The rest of the story." End of tale, and end of deal.

Will I shop VS again? Depends. I usually don't go that route, but my GDs really liked their pink room stuff at Christmas. I like my sleep-T. The fragrance set is not my usual Lancome Tresome perfume. But it is doeable. So there you have it.

By-the-way, what did you folks do with all the little doggies from the pink room you got as freebies?

Tags
codes, heads, secret, victoria