Filler List - Please Add Yours!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 07:11 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
MCCouponer has posted more than 75 good deals!
Filler List - Please Add Yours!

My most common snag I hit is when having to add fillers because of q count, say in using several RR's to pay for a trans. I usually just grab a laffy taffy if it's for only one or two items needed, but that didn't even work today cause the wags I was at was all out of those.

What fillers do you all use?

Last edited by TommyMaggyMommy; 06-06-2011 at 06:23 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MCCouponer For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:15 AM

RE: Filler List - Please Add Yours!

kelleymc has posted more than 25 good deals
Today I used the butterball chicken broth that had an in-ad coupon making them 50 cents each.
The Following User Says Thank You to kelleymc For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 07:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I make a list of fillers to "pull from" before I go in. This week I have baking soda, comet, and gatorade. I also hit the clearance end cap when I go by. Sometimes I find a cheapy there that I need or want. I also get an Arizona tea if they are on sale. But hubby is tired of them, so I took them off my "list".....
Old 06-05-2011, 07:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
Luvs2Shop has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
You might be able to find clearance Aunt Jemima oatmeal (I think that's the brand it was) for .25. I had seen some on a clearance cart, but they were gone when I needed a filler later on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvs2Shop For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 07:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
swjacobson77 has posted more than 300 great deals!swjacobson77 has posted more than 300 great deals!swjacobson77 has posted more than 300 great deals!swjacobson77 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I always grab those caramels that are in a basket near the register at my store. They are indiviually wrapped and are 3 for $1.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
MCCouponer has posted more than 75 good deals!
I guess I need to remember to look for fillers like that when I'm doing my deal grabbing. I would much rather grab something useful then grab candy. We aren't too big on candy here and most of the time we eat chocolate, it's something we made, like better then sex pie, yummy!
The Following User Says Thank You to MCCouponer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 05:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Today I bought a Cow Tale (candy) for 39c. In this week's ad, there's an ad special for Walgreens candy/peanuts for 49c; in ad cpns for Morton Salt or Baking Soda for 50c; Deerfield Seasonings 79c; Butterball Chx Broth 50c; Chicken of Sea Tuna 69c; Kleenex 99c; No Nonsense knee highs 34c or panty hose 79c. And, of course, the laffy taffy here is always a good filler item for 10c. I usually try to get something that we can use if it's an ad special.
The Following User Says Thank You to JudyFos For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 05:16 PM

haupia has posted more than 5 good deals
I used Kleenex and Chex Mix or Bugles 3/$3.99 for fillers in this week.
The Following User Says Thank You to haupia For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 05:32 PM

rayness has posted more than 150 good deals!rayness has posted more than 150 good deals!
I used some $.59 suckers and the $.79 spices. I am giving the suckers to my nieces and nephews.
The Following User Says Thank You to rayness For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 05:55 PM

watawata has posted more than 300 great deals!watawata has posted more than 300 great deals!watawata has posted more than 300 great deals!watawata has posted more than 300 great deals!
I got the knee high stockings today ($1/3 in-ad-IVC). At one store, they had the seed packets for 10 cents each. Anything over 25 cents or so for the filler (for MQ and RR count) is pretty expensive, IMO. I had some smaller RRs ($2, $1.50 etc. from last week), and paying for $10 fish oil (this week's FARR item) could cost some more than I wanted due to fillers. But with $2 IP which in turn give me MM, I guess it ended up good deal for me.

I have no luck finding laffy taffy at the register...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to watawata For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:04 PM

loving saving money with y'all
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
mcCoupner....love the name!
The Following User Says Thank You to everytim For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:28 PM

J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!
I'm 45 miles north of Little Rock, and my local store told me the other night they were out of Laffy Taffy, and then today the lady flat out told me that we couldn't use those anymore with coupons.....that we had to buy a candy bar or find something else.

When I went to Little Rock today all the stores there had Laffy Taffy out by the register, so I guess it's just a thing with my local store.

I usually go to the clearance area.....alot of times you can find some items there for under .35
The Following User Says Thank You to J_S_Searcy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:32 PM

steph05 has posted more than 25 good deals
I'm new at shopping at walgreens and I have a question about using RR and manf q's. I went and bought the fish oil and one sobe today. I had one manf q for the fish oil and then a $5 rr and $2rr. I tried to use the manf q and the two rr's I had and I was told I had to have another item to use both rr's. Is this were you guys talk about needing a filler?
The Following User Says Thank You to steph05 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:40 PM

rayness has posted more than 150 good deals!rayness has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_S_Searcy
I'm 45 miles north of Little Rock, and my local store told me the other night they were out of Laffy Taffy, and then today the lady flat out told me that we couldn't use those anymore with coupons.....that we had to buy a candy bar or find something else.

When I went to Little Rock today all the stores there had Laffy Taffy out by the register, so I guess it's just a thing with my local store.

I usually go to the clearance area.....alot of times you can find some items there for under .35
Excuse me but she can't tell you what you can and can not buy with coupons. If they get more then I would keep on using them as fillers until it is written in wags policy that laffy taffy can't be used as a filler item.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rayness For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph05
I'm new at shopping at walgreens and I have a question about using RR and manf q's. I went and bought the fish oil and one sobe today. I had one manf q for the fish oil and then a $5 rr and $2rr. I tried to use the manf q and the two rr's I had and I was told I had to have another item to use both rr's. Is this were you guys talk about needing a filler?
Yes rr are considered mfc so you need an item for each Q you use including rr.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rayness For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:52 PM

J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayness View Post
Excuse me but she can't tell you what you can and can not buy with coupons. If they get more then I would keep on using them as fillers until it is written in wags policy that laffy taffy can't be used as a filler item.
This particular store has ALWAYS kept them behind the counter and you had to ask for them. They are not even out for sale. It hasn't been a big deal of late because they had .99 packages of Chips Ahoy cookies for .25.

I guess if they continue to keep them behind the counter and won't give you any then "in essence" they CAN tell you what you can or can't buy.

I'm certainly not going to get in a fight over a .15 piece of candy.
The Following User Says Thank You to J_S_Searcy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_S_Searcy

This particular store has ALWAYS kept them behind the counter and you had to ask for them. They are not even out for sale. It hasn't been a big deal of late because they had .99 packages of Chips Ahoy cookies for .25.

I guess if they continue to keep them behind the counter and won't give you any then "in essence" they CAN tell you what you can or can't buy.

I'm certainly not going to get in a fight over a .15 piece of candy.
I like the cookies better. Lol. I always hear people talking about caramels at the counter but I guess they don't have them here. I have been using those energy candy for fillers all along and I saw suckers and they have spices for $.79 this week. I will have to look for the cookies at my Wags.
The Following User Says Thank You to rayness For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 07:41 PM

Loving Football Season!

My Mood/Status:
tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!
On the rare occasion I buy a filler, I use grocery items. This week it's butterball broth like someone mentioned, though that might change when I read the label. Sometimes I find $.25 silly bands which I use for my prize box at school.
The Following User Says Thank You to tresositos For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 07:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
cap1246 has posted more than 5 good deals
That's what I used today.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
KarlaKayM has posted more than 100 good deals!KarlaKayM has posted more than 100 good deals!
I always hit the clearance section also.....lately I have been getting the .25 packages of silly bands....I am a hairstylist and they are great to give to kids when they get their haircut~ We also like gum and candy bars, I like to have a drawer with candy in it....hubs always takes stuff for his lunch too. I also like food items that we use mandarin oranges, ramen noodles $.39, jello. Also in a pinch if I have undercalculated fillers I grab a caramel from the bucket at the front register, they are $.33 or $.39 cant remember and they are yummy!!!! I do like to be prepared though.
HTH
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KarlaKayM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 08:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
Owomack30 has posted more than 25 good deals
I got the clearance 3pk of cookies today for .25 each, and I got 10. My 2 1/2 year old son...LOVES LOVES LOVES cookies hahah so of course this was a great filler that will def be eaten up in no time! Walgreens clearance always makes me smile
The Following User Says Thank You to Owomack30 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 09:01 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kutch07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Got some bags of orange slices and gummy worms (wags brand) that are on sale for 49c a bag We are potty training and need some goodies
Old 06-06-2011, 02:30 AM

jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I found some .25 pickle pops, don't taste so good frozen but cheap filler!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jessbme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 05:55 AM

erinstrickland has posted more than 10 good deals
Dance Filler List

I was just thinking how great it would be if we had a sticky for a Filler list. Possibly with a list that is ongoing and with weekly deal fillers. I'd volunteer to do it but as a newbie to couponing and two kids under 4 I know I just don't have the time to take it on. I was thinking we could all combine our knowledge and list our favorite fillers. I wasn't able to go through the aisles to much at WAGS yesterday (Two screaming children grabbing all the nail polish off the displays while I was shopping) so I don't have any to add right now but lets see what everyone can come up with!!

(I know my dancing elephant post icon really has nothing to do with this post but I thought it was cute...It makes me smile )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erinstrickland For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 05:58 AM

jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
.25 pickle pops is the cheapest I've found other then .25 calendar and silly bands in clearance section. I also just got ramen noodles about .30 something since but we eat them, so nothing wasted hth

Tags
filler, walgreens