24 Hr Walgreens. Could I Go At Midnight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Needs sleep

My Mood/Status:
kcowles36 has posted more than 10 good deals
Question 24 hr Walgreens. Could I go at midnight

I have one 24 hr Walgreens, do you think I could go at midnight tonight and get a few deals. I just want to grab some of the B1G1 bodywash and diapers. Just curious because I have never tried this. Thank You
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2011, 02:30 PM

RE: 24 hr Walgreens. Could I go at midnight

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
go about a half hour after or 1am - the RRs should have kicked in by now, but make sure to watch the prices because sometimes they don't kick in tell 6-7am
Old 05-28-2011, 02:31 PM

Bargain Hunting Mama

My Mood/Status:
Kayylynn has posted more than 10 good deals
I would love to know as well! I was just thinking about doing this also because I am much better at staying up late rather than getting up early
The Following User Says Thank You to Kayylynn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 03:06 PM

Needs sleep

My Mood/Status:
kcowles36 has posted more than 10 good deals
24 Walgreens

I have the ad in my email, but would not have copy to take to store. Would iI need ad for prices?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Do What You Have To Do To Get The Sales Items

In my area (Riverside, CA) I am very lucky to have a 24-hour store for Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid. Many times I find myself up late at night making up my battleplans for the sales that start at midnight.

I usually don't arrive at the stores until 12:30 a.m. or after in order to allow enough time for the registers to update with the new weeks sales prices. Although new sales prices may actually start updating several hours before midnight, the rewards associated with those sales prices don't upload or activate until sometime after midnight. Depending on the store, it may be as late as 5 or 6 in the morning before everything is completely updated. Usually however, the updates are completed by 1:00 a.m. or 1:30 a.m. The actual time varies from week to week and from store to store. It is very inconsistant. On occaision I will ask the cashier for price checks and current reward status for the various items I intend to buy during this updating process. Sometimes I am lucky and my items will already be completely updated quite early.

For those exceptional sales that I am fearful that I may entirely miss out on, I will go before midnight. I get my items early, place them in my cart and walk about the store until the register updates have finally been completed. I have had a few bad experiences where I needed to walk about the store for a couple of hours. It can be very tiresome sometimes. I have been forced into shopping just after midnight due to all the midnight and early morning shelf clearers. You do what you have to do to aquire the sales items. I frequently run into other couponers at midnight who are also trying to beat the rush on the sales items. For those really good sales, the stores can look like Grand Central Station in the middle of the night.

You will probably have to ask the night manager for a copy of the new sales ad. They are seldom made available as early as midnight. It isn't a high priority on their "To Do" list. I recommend doing midnight runs especially when there is a cheap diaper deal. There is never enough of any one size and the shelves are cleared quickly. The free body wash deals will also clear quickly. Become familiar with your particular stores updating schedule. At the very least you can find out if you will have late night competition from fellow couponers.

Last edited by manywillenter; 05-28-2011 at 07:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to manywillenter For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 05:08 PM

Spring
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cocoadiva43 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:00 PM

Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manywillenter View Post
You will probably have to ask the night manager for a copy of the new sales ad. .
Check and see if you can buy the Sunday Advance edition of the paper. It will have the new ad in it. Here you can buy it at WalMart or Dollar Tree on Sat morning.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:01 AM

tmorgan124 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tmorgan124 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tmorgan124 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tmorgan124 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tmorgan124 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tmorgan124 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tmorgan124 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
All of my wags had the new ad out mid day today I went to get the paper towel deal earlier and they were already on ad racks at 1pm I also went back at midnight (didn't get off work til 11:30) and got my Wags trip over with for the week!! Got tons of Reynolds foil and OFF clip on!

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
Old 05-29-2011, 01:14 AM

:(
Steelers Fan

My Mood/Status:
manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!manders13 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcowles36
I have one 24 hr Walgreens, do you think I could go at midnight tonight and get a few deals. I just want to grab some of the B1G1 bodywash and diapers. Just curious because I have never tried this. Thank You
Good luck two stores here were bare by one I did finally find a store that had everything I needed
Old 05-29-2011, 01:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Heck yes you can.
My store is not tagged for the new sale, but most of the sales are in. If they're not, my store will correct them. It's the only time to go in my town if I'd like to catch a sale item-shelves are always wiped by noon otherwise. (And truck doesn't come til Thurs, so they barely get items out before ad ends Sat).
Also one of the night girls is about the only employee who doesn't huff & puff about Qs. She's very friendly and it's such a relief! Plus there isn't too many other customers in either.
Go, enjoy shopping!

Mama to outgoing 5 y.o. DS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Never let the fear of striking out hold you back"

Old 05-29-2011, 01:29 AM

Trying to organize a binder...

My Mood/Status:
gatorifictastic has posted more than 300 great deals!gatorifictastic has posted more than 300 great deals!gatorifictastic has posted more than 300 great deals!gatorifictastic has posted more than 300 great deals!
The closest 24 hour store only had 1 Applied Nutrition Calcium shipped to them and I got it. I'm pretty sure the one lady doesn't' like me (she seems just plain unhappy). Thankfully there was a nice guy there who remembered seeing one. Yay free Calcium :-D
Old 05-29-2011, 03:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
ashleyh20 has posted more than 100 good deals!
i went to my wags a 24 hr at 12:05 got 38 deodarents and some toothpaste worked fine total 143 with out coupons total 7.32 tax in az is 10% so all that free only tax

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
money saving mommy of Catalina
4 and Isaac
The Following User Says Thank You to ashleyh20 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 04:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!manywillenter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I went to my 24-hour Walgreens at 1:00 a.m. As I walked in the door the cashier, who knows that I frequently purchase register reward items, told me that the register rewards system was not updating properly and that it would probably be a couple hours before the system could be updated. I thanked her for letting me know before I got to the register with my items. I did purchase 6 Right Guard Anti-perspirants that were on sale B1G1F @ $4.49. I used 3 B1G1F coupons and got all six for $1.18 in Tax. The Right Guard Body Wash had already been cleared from the shelves. I'll go back tomorrow when they get the RR system updated. I'll also try going to a couple other Walgreens and see if they have any of the body wash. My trip was a disappointment but not a total loss.