Is Extreme Couponing A Fad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 06:29 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

minnie1128 has posted more than 10 good deals
Survey Is extreme couponing a fad?

Do you think the extreme couponing thing is a fad? (example the TLC show)

If so, how long do you think it will last? Will we ever get back to the way it used to be?

I hate to think about all the wasted food there will be in a few years from people who bought 100's of items and didn't store them properly and they went bad.

I like to see peolpe being frugal and using Q's. I don't like to see the people who are being greedy and rude though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to minnie1128 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:47 AM

RE: Is extreme couponing a fad?

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I believe it will be like any other craze - the people who are willing to put in the time and effort (think New Years Resolutions and all the people you see at the gym from Jan 1 - Bef (oops Feb) 1 and then never see again), will hang in and become wonderful couponers. The people who are not willing to read, research, clip, organize, read, research, clip, organize, etc, etc, etc every single week, will not survive after the first month of so. Unfortunately, I have heard rumors that TLC is renewing EC for another season, so we will probably keep seeing influxes of Newbies just like we have for the past few months, for at least another year.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of Newbies are VERY dedicated to attempting to learn the "art" of couponing but I've seen too many times, Newbies sign on to this forum with "Tell me how to save!!!" or "I'm going to be an Extreme Couponer!!" - these are the people who will not survive. IMHO.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(7), DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!

Last edited by Z and G's Mom; 05-22-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Bef?? I meant Feb! :)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 06:54 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't think it is a fad. I've used coupons for 8 years now and a lot more have done it for decades. I have observed that there are people whom many consider hardcore couponers. It just so happen that with the advent of the show, many are getting into it. And that is where the influx of "new" couponers are coming from. We can't prevent people from imitating what they see on TV but it doesn't mean they are successful

Should the show be cancelled later, we will still continue to have the same problems (shelf clearing, misusing Qs, bullying cashiers, etc. all these activities are not new, they have always been associated with couponing as far as I can remember),

it may calm down a bit later but we cannot expect all the problems that go with it to disappear completely.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 06:54 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Fubu
and Stealth
The Following User Says Thank You to babymk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 07:29 AM

I HAVE A FEVER AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE COUPONS!

My Mood/Status:
danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
i hope that show is short lived! people look at me funny now! and constantly are asking if i have seen that show...and i reply yes, but i am not that bad...i just want to save my family money
Old 05-21-2011, 07:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I was at WM yesterday eating my Subway sandwich while cutting out my coupons for that trip. I had ONE count em ONE insert in front of me with a pair of scissors. No Binder, No box, no file, nothing... just one insert... The lady in front of me got all giddy.... ARE YOU AN Extreme couponer???

It was as if she met a celebrity. I said my standard answer, No... not really, I can't imagine embarrassing myself and my family on national TV.

Some people think it's cool to be an EC, but others have a chip on their shoulder against.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSherry For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 08:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!catlover7731 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am hoping it is a fad, because I think too much of a good thing can be a problem. There will be those who stick with this type of couponing but others will see how time consuming it is and stop.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
labamanana has posted more than 100 good deals!labamanana has posted more than 100 good deals!
I think it is a fad. There have been super couponers for many years, but the sudden interest in EXTREME couponing is mostly a result of the show, IMO. This is a lot of work! I agree that it's like a New Year's resolution...most are not kept but if it's truly important to you, you'll follow through. I don't think many people will follow through. Even dedicated couponers go through "dry spells." Anyone who comes to see it as a chore will quit. And that's the majority of people, IMO.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to labamanana For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSherry View Post
I was at WM yesterday eating my Subway sandwich while cutting out my coupons for that trip. I had ONE count em ONE insert in front of me with a pair of scissors. No Binder, No box, no file, nothing... just one insert... The lady in front of me got all giddy.... ARE YOU AN Extreme couponer???

It was as if she met a celebrity. I said my standard answer, No... not really, I can't imagine embarrassing myself and my family on national TV.

Some people think it's cool to be an EC, but others have a chip on their shoulder against.
Yes, it seems everyone who has a Q in there hand is associated with being an extreme couponer.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minnie1128 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 09:16 AM

Kimberly007

2014 YTD Savings: $939.12
My Mood/Status:
kimberly007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kimberly007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kimberly007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kimberly007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kimberly007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kimberly007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I am also hoping it is just a fad. Most people who start couponing don't realize that it takes so much effort to pull off the hauls showed on the TLC show. I can't put that much effort into it. I'm doing pretty good with 50% savings on my trips. Eventually the hype with fade and those of us still couponing will still have our AFC family.

Wife to DH, Mommy to DD (5) and one cat.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimberly007 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 02:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Hubby works at Walmart, he frequently has other employees and customers tell him 'its not like what it looks like on TV'- he knows how much time and effort it can take to do do extreme couponing- (my whole 10 inserts ) I think some will stick with it, but others will find it too hard/complicated/time consuming.

I have been using coupons for over a year now. Recently I posted on facebook to my friends that any extra coupons they had I would take. (I do this once a week)-several of my newest friends said-oh you cant have my coupons I watch that show too! Then you have to explain. "I have been doing this for over a year. I have only ever seen one episode of that show and don't plan to repeat it." The one I watched was Jaime, seemed crazy clearing shelves like that. It made me ill to watch. Funny though some people were begging me to show them how to use coupons. These were the same people that I tried to get to do this a year ago, but now that they seen it on TV they want to do it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dani113077 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 03:04 AM

Savvy Saver

My Mood/Status:
sheerblindluck has posted more than 400 great deals!sheerblindluck has posted more than 400 great deals!sheerblindluck has posted more than 400 great deals!sheerblindluck has posted more than 400 great deals!sheerblindluck has posted more than 400 great deals!
I hope so! I've been doing it on again/off again for years. I had to stop shopping at CVS for awhile because when I'd get to the store at 10am, shelves would be cleared! I hope the people that are trying to get used to the ways don't get too greedy. Or at least use what they get.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:26 AM

I had to stop shopping at CVS for awhile because when I'd get to the store at 10am, shelves would be cleared!

Seerblinkluck, this was how my week was at all my stores. I'm trying to find out when the get their shippments in. Going on the day the truck comes in seems to help me. I am also making friends with the workers. They were asking how we know what will be on sale next week when they don't know till Sat. I told them that some web site post sneak peeks. They said they would order extra of the hot sale items if they knew ahead of time. I think I will take a copy of the sneak into them the next time I go in.
The Following User Says Thank You to minnie1128 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 05:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!
I think it is a fad. Because there are a great number of people who think they will be able to duplicate what they see on TV. Those are the same people who believe that "reality TV" is reality.

I think that once a majority of people find out that they won't be able to save 98%, because of the time involved, changing and inforcement of store coupon policies, and even a little bit of poking on the internet to see that those percentages are unrealistic, I think it will die down.

If anything, it will make people more aware of coupons and help them find ways to save some money. Most of the newer couponers I've seen have kinda said the same thing, they never realized they could save 30-50% with coupons, but also understand that the "Extreme Couponing" is not always (if ever) possible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cashier_ellie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 05:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
for me nope not a fad ---- I started couponing 2 1/2 yrs back now and feel so stupid for not learning how to sooner --- I couldnt shop without coupons ever again !!! N dont plan to !!! --- this was the best thing that ever happened for our family !!!
& chris who can lift a car if he had to hahaha
- we have 1 doggie
and 2 kitties

I am way addicted to coupon use
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to couponfairy101 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 05:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I ran into a very nice lady at the library yesterday, she had the coupon exchange basket and i aked if I could look through them too. She said, "sure" so, we got to talking. She told me , she used to coupon years ago but only got back into because of the show. i told her, I hate the show and she agreed it wasn't realistic.
I told her I've been couponing heavily (not extreme) for almost 6 years now and that there's so much more to it than what they show and if she was interested in learning more to try this site and a few others because to really maximize her savings she should think about the drugstores, catalina deals and rebates, etc, most of which they don't discuss on the show. And, also as always being polite and considerate go along way and she agreed.
It made me feel a little better. I still hate the show. But it's nice to see the "other side" of people who do want to do it right and not just those trying for the first time because"oh, look at all the free stuff I can get" Not that all "first timers brought in by the show are like that (just to clarify)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faeryedark For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 06:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I've been couponing all my life (my mom taught me) but since my kids have gotten older and use more bath, body, hair and makeup products then I knew was humanly possible I try to get it as cheap as possible and spend more time and effort now than I did in the past. Who knew a teenage girl could use an entire can of hair spray in one week! My girls go through eyeliner and mascara like it falls from the sky from the makeup fairy!!! I didn't know so many people couponed like our family does until I found this website and the Yahoo coupon train group I belong to. I hope the extreme large shopping trips as shown on tv do not turn people off to couponing but inspires them to save money with a little time and effort.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittycatinkc For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 06:47 AM

sunshine1alb has posted more than 75 good deals!
I actually learned years ago how to coupon.. When I was a senior in highschool I stayed in KC so I could graduate with my class when my parents moved. The woman I rented a room from would always get stuff for free doubling and tripling coupons.. Since I make a good salary I haven't tried to get better deals until recently because everything is getting so expensive and raised aren't like they used to be
Old 05-22-2011, 07:08 AM

spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I'm not sure.

I've only been couponing about a month now and I don't feel it's just a fad for me. I'm saving about 50% on my overall bill and I'm very content with that. Also, for me, I enjoy the time I spend comparing ads and coupons, searching out deals. Gives me something to do in my spare time, other than playing on Pogo.
Though I can see how it could be a fad for some. All the time and effort it takes, I'm sure there are people who will get bored with it and move on.

As for the "extreme couponing" as seen in the show? I imagine those people are few and far between. I'm sure it consumes quite a bit of time and energy.

As for the people who "stock up" and have more food than they can eat in 2 years and more toothpaste & body wash than they'll need in 2 liftetimes? I think there's more to it, psychologically. Seems like they're addicted to getting a deal regardless of the fact that they don't even need that item or that maybe someone else does need that item. They've got to get their fix! But, again, I think those people are a great minority as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spencerquartet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 07:36 AM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think "extreme" couponing is a fad, but moderate couponing isn't. People who might have scoffed at couponers in the checkout lane last year have realized a new way to save money on the things they buy. They can do that with a small amount of time invested and still save at least some on their shopping bills. The number of extremers will fall off as they are distracted by the latest and greatest fad and as they are less willing to give up all the time needed to extreme shop. Everybody who has been doing this for a little while knows that this isn't a quick and dirty way to save money, you have to invest time and energy into it, and investing in couponing means you can't invest it somewhere else that you might find more enjoyable.

I think the number of stockpiling shoppers will increase as the government and media continue to talk out of both sides of their mouths with promises of both more difficult times ahead and great recovery. People don't like the uncertainty that that causes and will do more to make sure they're providing for their families. Now that they have an outline on how to do it, more will go that route. It's pretty smart, IMO.

On the other hand, I think that manufacturers and retailers are going to make it more difficult for extreme shoppers. They'll either put limits directly on the coupons, like P&G has done, or put limits on how much each customer can buy on sale per card, like cvs and rite aid currently do. A lot of stores have seen such an increase in shoppers who have an attitude of entitlement and they're having to devote more man-hours to dealing with those customers than they did previously. Some embrace that opportunity to provide more good customer service, others, in assorted ways, tell the people to not come back. I think the latter approach will be more common over the next 6 months or so.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

Old 05-22-2011, 09:37 AM

Where your treasure is, there will your heart be...
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie1128 View Post
Do you think the extreme couponing thing is a fad? (example the TLC show)
Re: the EXTREME part...

I hope so.

I wish it to be so.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueMoon187 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 12:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
kgivens7 has posted more than 300 great deals!kgivens7 has posted more than 300 great deals!kgivens7 has posted more than 300 great deals!kgivens7 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I hope this is all just a fad, I live in a very small town. We have 3 stop lights literally and every single insert was stolen out of the papers. Even the newspapers that are in the gas stations had the coupons stolen out of it. By 1230 all the inserts were gone, that is kind of ridiculous. I couldn't even get any coupons this week because someone stole ever single one! Its just heart breaking when you walk in a gas station or up to one of the newspaper bins and every paper is ripped apart and no coupons to be found.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kgivens7 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 01:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!
I have been couponing off and on for about 15 years. I will get my stockpile built up then we live off it and I take a break. My son's girlfriend doesn't understand how I can take a week off and not worry about all the deals I am missing. She just hasn't been around long enough to understand that this is just a big spiraling ride. Opportunities are never missed because they will come again.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:51 PM

is getting back into coupons
Coupon Clipping Shopaholic

My Mood/Status:
DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
No offense but I hope so. You have all these people that are trying to do this. They are using coupons WRONG which makes us all suffer. This is turning the stores into coupon nazi's. Also the price of coupons on ebay and them has sky rocketed since this show came on since you have people bidding on them insanely.

Guess us "old timers" just dont want things to get ruined but a fad!
Mommy to Eric & Ian - 11 & 9
Furmom to Jax

Trading Weekly Insert Coupons (20+ of each)-I get them early on fridays!

IVDSO: .50/1 Snapple, .75/2 Powerade, & Pepsi 2 Liter Coupons
The Following User Says Thank You to DanielleCT For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 03:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
fierrbugg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fierrbugg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fierrbugg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fierrbugg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fierrbugg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fierrbugg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I really hope the extreme-ness is a fad. We've been couponing off and on for years - but were never that committed because I just didn't have the time. Then we suddenly became a one income family, 2 years ago and I got back into it heavily out of neccessity. For me the most obvious effect of the show is all of the empty shelves I've been coming across. There are 3 wags in our area for example and I use to be able to go nearly any time during the week to pick up their great buys. Now if I don't get there before noon on Sunday they are all cleaned out. As a result, I hardly bother with Wags anymore.

I also talk with cashiers alot and some of the stories I've heard about people trying to force them to take qs that don't apply to their purchases are crazy and sadly getting more frequent. So I hope that some parts of the frenzy die down.

spoiled sahw to an amazing hubby and mama to 2 crazy

Co-conductor of
- new riders always welcome!

Tags
extreme couponing, tlc