North Dakota

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 04:56 PM

RE: North Dakota

is reorganizing her stockpile room to make room for more!

My Mood/Status:
DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I was told the same thing when I called the Bismarck tribune back in Feb...they said they had lost the P&G & redplum insert source and were persuing another source for coupons. She told me she hoped to have P&G back by late April or early May. I haven't seen anything except smartsource since January.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oh yeah...I saw someone at Target in Bismarck with a big coupon binder on Saturday...let's see, it was around noon...was anyone from here shopping with their big binder on Saturday with no cart??? I was the crazy lady with the cart full of Mott's applesauce!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
Everyone in Bismarck still high and dry??? Just checking in!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

K8Emichelle
Newbie here

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and I just started couponing about a month ago so I am really new at this and am getting discouraged sometimes haha. Oh well hopefully I will get a hold on it soon. Anyways I am from Fargo, ND with all of the flooding. Hopefully our house will be safe from it. I grew up in a small town about 70 miles south west of Fargo. I haven't seen anyone else from Fargo on here yet. Well I hope everyone is staying dry!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:08 PM

is sick of the snow!!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Liv'sMom has posted more than 400 great deals!Liv'sMom has posted more than 400 great deals!Liv'sMom has posted more than 400 great deals!Liv'sMom has posted more than 400 great deals!Liv'sMom has posted more than 400 great deals!
K8Emichelle, HI! We do almost all our shopping in Fargo, but we live 90 miles southwest of Fargo, in Forman. Where did you grow up? I definately hope that you stay dry. My husband had been up helping sandbag, but now our roads are so crappy down here from the snow he can't get back up to help. I have lots of friends and family in Fargo so I'm always thinking of everyone up there with all this flooding.

I hope our Bismarck friends are ok with the flooding there....this is some scary stuff!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:18 PM

K8Emichelle
I was born and grew up in Lisbon so that is pretty close to Forman. We moved to Fargo almost 2 years ago and got married last April. I have been helping with the sandbagging but now I am so tired out from it I don't know if I can do it anymore. I'm hoping the river doesn't get to 41 feet like they are predicting but who knows.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:26 PM

is sick of the snow!!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Liv'sMom has posted more than 400 great deals!Liv'sMom has posted more than 400 great deals!Liv'sMom has posted more than 400 great deals!Liv'sMom has posted more than 400 great deals!Liv'sMom has posted more than 400 great deals!
K8Emichelle, I used to work in Lisbon, for Head Start. I worked there for almost 2 years, until I got pregnant with my daughter and had to be on bedrest. I'm hoping the river doesn't get that high too...I think it's putting everyone really on edge.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
anstar has posted more than 50 good deals
Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaMom View Post
Oh yeah...I saw someone at Target in Bismarck with a big coupon binder on Saturday...let's see, it was around noon...was anyone from here shopping with their big binder on Saturday with no cart??? I was the crazy lady with the cart full of Mott's applesauce!
That was totally me! I had a short list and had sent hubby and kids to the toy section while I did some price checking. I was thinking about the mott's, but I decided against it since I didn't have a man q or a good reason to get them (we have tons!).
The Following User Says Thank You to anstar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8Emichelle View Post
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and I just started couponing about a month ago so I am really new at this and am getting discouraged sometimes haha. Oh well hopefully I will get a hold on it soon. Anyways I am from Fargo, ND with all of the flooding. Hopefully our house will be safe from it. I grew up in a small town about 70 miles south west of Fargo. I haven't seen anyone else from Fargo on here yet. Well I hope everyone is staying dry!
Welcome! I hope you stay dry too. I live on the hill in Bismarck, so I was not concerned about my house - but about 1/4 of Bismarck was in standing water. My brother's trailer court evacuated and they're still not back in today, but the river is going down and most everyone else is allowed back in their homes. I'm at home with three little boys and I want so badly to help, but they say there's nothing we can do. *sigh* I did invite my bro over for supper tonight, so I guess that's something.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:11 AM

just saved a bundle by switching to AFC!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Hi K8Emichelle! Another Fargo resident here...welcome to AFC & couponing!!! Hope you stayed dry with the last round of flooding and make it through the second crest after easter. Getting kind of tired of shoveling sand into sandbags one day and shoveling snow the next...can't wait for summer!!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:55 AM

K8Emichelle
Hello! Yes we have stayed dry so far. I'm hoping the dikes hold up for the second crest though. We should still be okay though. I am getting tired of filling sandbags too haha. I went and volunteered pretty much the whole week because our work gave us paid time off to go help so that was nice. Hopefully the next crest will be after Easter so no one has to worry about it over the holiday. Happy Easter to everyone!!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anstar View Post
That was totally me! I had a short list and had sent hubby and kids to the toy section while I did some price checking. I was thinking about the mott's, but I decided against it since I didn't have a man q or a good reason to get them (we have tons!).

Ha ha ha....I almost asked if you were an AFCer!!! Too funny! So, are you from Bismarck or were you just down for the day??
Old 04-18-2009, 07:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
I'm from Bismarck. I think I'm at Target 3 times a week, at least.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
shekayebee has posted more than 10 good deals
Hey everyone, this thread is kind of old, but I thought I'd still post. I'm in Fargo and shop everywhere - Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Kmart (mostly just for doubles), Sunmart, Cashwise and Hornbachers. I shop Fargo and Moorhead, also. It just depends on the week and the deals. And the patience of my 2 year old!

I'd love to get to know others in the area and be able to swap tips! Does anyone know how to set up groups or are there groups already set up by area? I'm pretty new to AFC and haven't figured it all out yet! I'm been couponing for a few years, but started following some deal match-up blogs just a few months ago.

Good to know there are a few of us out here! Those from Fargo-give me a shout out!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:09 AM

is sick of the snow!!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shekayebee View Post
Hey everyone, this thread is kind of old, but I thought I'd still post. I'm in Fargo and shop everywhere - Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Kmart (mostly just for doubles), Sunmart, Cashwise and Hornbachers. I shop Fargo and Moorhead, also. It just depends on the week and the deals. And the patience of my 2 year old!

I'd love to get to know others in the area and be able to swap tips! Does anyone know how to set up groups or are there groups already set up by area? I'm pretty new to AFC and haven't figured it all out yet! I'm been couponing for a few years, but started following some deal match-up blogs just a few months ago.

Good to know there are a few of us out here! Those from Fargo-give me a shout out!

I shop in Fargo ALL the time! I'm about 90 miles southwest of Fargo but we get there about once a week or so to shop. I haven't been real good about getting deals with my coupons though, maybe you can help give me some tips for the Fargo stores! I need them desperately since my husband had lost his job in April and hasn't been able to find another job. It would be fun to meet up some time, I have a 14 month old.

Amanda
Old 07-24-2009, 11:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
Hi Amanda, that is so awesome! It would be fun to meet up sometime. I tend to do a lot of shopping Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I'd be happy to share as I find deals - do you know are there any other threads out there by area or should I start a new one?
The Following User Says Thank You to shekayebee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:32 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!iceangel73 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Welcome shekayebee from another Fargo resident! I, too, shop about everywhere except Walgreens...for some reason, I never get to the mall. Perhaps when the new one opens up I'll get in the habit of stopping there too.

Not sure if there are other groups already set up for this area or not...have only seen this one particular thread. Suppose we could start a Fargo area group to exchange deal info??!! Anyone else up for that?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
Hi Iceangel! I can't seem to stay out of the mall! I think it's dino-land, what a great place for my little girl to get some running in while I rest during shopping outings!

I'm going to look into a creating a ND/Fargo-specific thread - but for now, I did my shopping this evening and had a few hot deals to share! Cashwise has Gold N' Plump chicken packs on sale 4/$10, and there is a .75 printable on goldnplump.com that will double up to a dollar, making each package only 1.5. I think that's a great price on chicken!

Also, this ends tomorrow, but Hornbachers has a deal running where you get a $3 instant savings when you spend $10 on select merchandise, including playtex gloves, which are on sale for $1! I'm going in the morning to snag 10 pairs and $3 worth of groceries for free, or at least I hoping to! There are lots of other items if you don't have 10 playtex glove coupons, check out hornbachers.com to see the ad.

Lastly, I was shopping at CVS in Moorhead tonight and ran across a TEARPAD of 3/$15 purchase coupons at the pharmacy counter! I politely asked if I could take a few and the lady encouraged me to take several - that was my big excitement for the night. Well, have a great night, I couldn't pass up sharing those deals! I'll try to look into a regional group or something similar.

~Sheila
The Following User Says Thank You to shekayebee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2009, 06:34 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Awesome deals! I will be heading to Hornbacher's tonight!! The gold-n-plump offer, I know I have some $1 off q's from the tribune around here somewhere...that'll be a trip for saturday!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:34 AM

is sick of the snow!!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
I would LOVE it if we had a Fargo area thread to share deals. I love seeing deals everyone gets on this board, but so many I never get to find. It would be SO helpful to know what others are seeing in Fargo!

We were in Fargo yesterday for my husband's job interview and we ran a few errands. We went to Target and I was able to pick up a few free $4.99 packages of the Crest Whitestrips. There were also some summer things on clearance for 75% off...camping chairs that were ringing up $2.49 when hubby scanned them, packages of pool toys for $1.99, serving trays and big beverage tubs, plastic cups, there were some other plastic kids chairs, some picture frames...all kinds of things. If we weren't so horribly poor we would have gotten in on some of those deals. I was able to get the free Crest strips though, the $5 went through perfectly. I hope the $7 coupons go through when I try those that were inside the packages.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:08 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
I stopped by Target today. They have the weight watcher dinners on sale 5/$9 which isn't bad. But I used 5 of the supertarget coupons for $1/1 which brought the total to 5/$4 and then was able to use a mfr q for $1/4 - walked out with 5 dinners for $3!! I was also able to use the Suave deodorant q's (.75/1) on the .99 trial size - .24 each! Spent less than $5 today. I missed the summer clearance stuff though Will have to go back later in the week and see if there is still anything there.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
Beccajp has posted more than 10 good deals
Hi. new to AFC, don't know how I never found this site before!! I have couponed and worked the ads off and on for a few years but need to do it seriously now. I am in Fargo, this will be our next winter here. I am looking forward to getting hints and tips on the Fargo stores!!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:28 AM

pc_momof3 has posted more than 10 good deals
Hi - I never check this thread before!

I'm in Watford City, ND and have a friend that's on here sometimes too. I see this thread was started in August 08, and I had twins (4th and 5th babies) in September '08 (about the time I had no energy for even being on the computer!). So I just found this thread, now that I have a little more time to be on AFC again. Just thought I'd check in and say hi! There's at least a couple of us here in western ND too. I was just reading about the girl in Forman that has to drive for deals....I can so relate, Wal-Mart's 50 miles away, nearest Target is 2 hours away (boo-hoo!).
Old 01-31-2010, 07:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Is anyone near the Fargo area?

Ashley
Old 02-04-2010, 06:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
Ashley, I'm in Moorhead. Nice to meet you!

~Sheila

Tags
dakota, north