WOOHOOOO!!!!!!! Target Concedes!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 09:33 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Dance WOOHOOOO!!!!!!! Target Concedes!!!!!

Just found this!! Yeehaw!!!

Quote:
This email was sent to all Targets concerning NEW coupon procedures to be followed starting today.

Quote:
To ensure every guest receives the full value for each coupon, we are introducing a temporary coupon redemption process effective immediately. We expect to have this systematically resolved within the next 10 days.

NEW! Temporary Coupon Redemption Process
1. Make eye contact with the guest, smile and give a sincere greeting.
2. Ask each guest at the beginning of the transaction ‘Do you have any coupons today?’
3. Set the coupons aside until the end of the transaction
4. Scan all items

5. Process coupons one by one and check to ensure full value of each coupon was applied. If needed, adjust coupon amount by selecting
a) Discounts
b) Manufacturer coupon
c) Key in the remaining coupon amount Your immediate implementation of the above process will ensure we are providing a great guest experience.

Resources:
The following resources are attached to verify that all team members understand the new coupon redemption process.
o Coupon Redemption Process Verification Sheet – The LOD must connect with every team member that will/may cashier on their shift to review the new temporary process prior to their shift.
o Coupon Redemption Process Instruction Sheet– Print, cut and post the small instruction sheet so it is visible to the cashier at each POS register to remind cashiers of the new coupon process.
o Time Clock Alert sign – Post the sign immediately at all time clocks to ensure all team members check in with their LOD to learn about the new coupon redemption process.
To Do – STL/LOD

· Immediately –
o Print all attachments.
o Post the Time Clock Alert sign at each time clock.
o Post the Coupon Redemption Process instruction sheet at every POS register, including Electronics, Pharmacy, Food locations, etc.
o Print a master team member roster list for your store and staple to the Coupon Redemption Process Verification Sheet to your list.
o With each team member that will/may cashier, complete the following:
· Review the new process from Coupon Redemption Process Verification Sheet.
· Place a check mark next to each team member name on the roster that they have read and understand the new process.
· Forward roster to each LOD until each person has been contacted.

Additional Details
· POS Cashier Speed-O-Meter will be turned off temporarily to accommodate for extra processing time. The Cashier Speed % metrics on DTK will also reflect green only (no metrics) as well.
·As a result of media attention, stores may see an increase in regulatory agency visits. Following any visit, the Regulatory Visit Form should be completed to recap the visit – Workbench I Shared Tools I Forms I Regulatory Visit Form and a mySupport submitted.

SPECIAL thanks to DM by way of CW! Target capitulates!!!

Last edited by Jaime; 11-09-2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Blog reference deleted
The Following 145 Users Say Thank You to rtgunderson For This Useful Post:
1sassymom, 2Haleyjack, aadailey, acamac01, ala119, Alexdur85, antwaters2, ApplesAndGrapes, ArienneRenae, asaby, babybleueyes1017, bargainshopper, beautysvecke, bjalacy, blackpanther201, blessedgirl, blueflowers, bobbiejo45, brandywantsadeal, breaIam, bullylover671, bumperchic, Cadnil, canfieldcouponer, cantstopshopping, catch22, cathyw, cjcoupons, cjs123123, coupiez4me, cpnsrgr8, crissy148, csheldon, CWilliams9490, daisycarol, daisydoescoupons, DebK123, drago52502, dwhengel, eeyore55107, elvis fan, endlesoul, ericlovesarah, EVR, farina_kim, forevergrateful, freefinds, Freeman36, Gaveruz, gymkim, happymama22, hingano12, illuminancy, isabelpak, isavealot5, Jakejake, jbonow1231, jen91683, JessicaJ, jillyjello, joshmamabear, jrits, Jseedeals4me, JuliannLV, jwiederhold, KAREN BUTLER, KaseyCampus, kitten, kjtoiu, kmayhew, kmeiding, knitternut, kolowicz, kricket92, LACECOUPONS, Lana1967, lerna83, leslie007, LindseyLouXOX, lizajanesteele, lorenzduo, lostfan30, Lusa1018, Luvsya, Magnolia, mammajohnson, marge simpson, mellcook3, mikjoker, moconnel, Moggy, mommy2skie, Mommy2TwoBoys, momof3k2c, MS.TAMPA, MVPMOM, nanasorenson, naner, ncmonster78, ncscgirl2005, ngo1331, nikiz, nomadicpixie, OKcouponKING, oldsgt24, olivas.sandra, PACountryMouse, phoenixjean1, pippi94, preciousgirl1120, priscillamylove, pudding, rnlynns, Robbo, robertosgirl, Rosy1583, russsoul, samke23, sar1, savedbygrace111805, savingmom74055, scamelo, Shahina79, shanabme, shannon_578, shopinmom3, shopzaholic, shughes17, Smurfytigger, srquac, srvymaster, ssgjeg, stampinonthefarm, supershopmom, Susuz, tammy.bren, The4Rosas, tifdblpn, txgal, Vegas1, vigor60624, vzimm, what a deal, Wizer, Yoopersnowflake
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:38 AM

RE: WOOHOOOO!!!!!!! Target Concedes!!!!!

My Mood/Status:
kmayhew has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmayhew has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmayhew has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmayhew has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmayhew has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmayhew has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmayhew has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Wow! This is great news! Thanks for sharing !
Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I wish they would have done this in June!! It would never have gotten to be such a big stink. I'm going to be incredibly hopeful that this will be the case and the fix is imminent. Here's hoping too that the gift card glitch get's fixed along with the rest. So wanting to go shop at Target with that warm fuzzy I used to get but they will need to regain my trust first. I'm willing to give it a chance. Fingers (and everything else I own) crossed!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM

is addicted to AFC

My Mood/Status:
dntcmr has posted more than 200 great deals!dntcmr has posted more than 200 great deals!dntcmr has posted more than 200 great deals!
wow thanks for sharing!

leland born 3-3-11!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

madly in love with fiance chris
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dntcmr For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 10:04 AM

shops too much!
Be yourself!

My Mood/Status:
Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Weren't they supposed to be doing this anyway? The Targets around here have had a screen that pops up after the coupon is scanned prompting the cashier to verify that the correct amount was deducted for the coupon. Unfortunately, it's been my experience that the cashiers don't pay a whole lot of attention to this and aren't correcting the errors; just pressing whatever button they press to verify it without really looking.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:09 AM

Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Do we get to guess what the POS in POS Cashier Speed-O-Meter stands for?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jakejake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 10:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayline View Post
Weren't they supposed to be doing this anyway? The Targets around here have had a screen that pops up after the coupon is scanned prompting the cashier to verify that the correct amount was deducted for the coupon. Unfortunately, it's been my experience that the cashiers don't pay a whole lot of attention to this and aren't correcting the errors; just pressing whatever button they press to verify it without really looking.
Yes, according to what the spokesperson's have been saying. Apparently this email came out to all the stores today, effective today. It says that all registers should have the process available to view and all employees have to sign off. Hoping that this makes it much easier for them and us. If you noticed it talks about regulatory agencies coming in, makes me think they have been contacted by the powers that be and told to get this fixed asap. Like I said before, fingers crossed!!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
That is all good news, but I do not think that it will help much. From the sounds of it, they still expect the cashiers to pay attention to the coupons and adjust when needed. If they are not doing it now, then why would this make them start?

Unless the issue with other targets is that they would not run the coupon at all thinking it was a fraudulent transaction. My local target never did that, however it appears that others have
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wanika For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakejake View Post
That speed-o-meeter thingy should stay off! No wonder cashiers get so stressed with q's. They get graded, go fast you stay green, go slow you gored and it affect raises, etc. Seriously, the concept of fast service is great but speed-o-meetering them is goofy, if you ask me. Too much stress in an already stressful environment. m2c.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
Anst1976 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Anst1976 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Anst1976 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Anst1976 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Anst1976 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Anst1976 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I hope this really helps. Has anyone tried the GC deal since this change in the coupon policy to see if that cleared te glitch? Please post is you do?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anst1976 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 10:55 AM

Offline July 20 thru 27
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm glad this memo has been sent to all Target stores. Now we just have to observe if they are being followed.

Our store has probably gotten it ahead of the rest since trxn with coupons went smoothly.

I guess I'm back to shopping at Target again
Old 11-06-2010, 10:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathyw For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 11:00 AM

My Mood/Status:
My friend just called me. Seems her husband went to Target this morning to get her birthday card and witnessed the coupon meeting. He circled a few times to hear what was being said. They were talking about the new policy that is effective as of today and what they needed to know. So....... maybe it really is happening!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:08 AM

Fighting the economy

My Mood/Status:
usfmom has posted more than 10 good deals
Hopefully we can get our hands on an "official" copy with names. I would like to carry a copy with me as there is always someone that didn't get the memo....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to usfmom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 11:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgunderson View Post
That speed-o-meeter thingy should stay off! No wonder cashiers get so stressed with q's. They get graded, go fast you stay green, go slow you gored and it affect raises, etc. Seriously, the concept of fast service is great but speed-o-meetering them is goofy, if you ask me. Too much stress in an already stressful environment. m2c.
I totally agree-My son works at Target and rarely works cashier. When he does, he relates his score and how many reds and greens he gets. Good thing it was turned off when I went today-I used tons of coupons and everyone had to be verified.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Katlady For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 11:15 AM

Jacx has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakejake View Post
POS - Point of Sale - It's the computer system they use.

POS Cashier Speed-O-Meter - I'm thinking that is on of their metrics that they get graded/ranked on as to how fast they process each item they scan/sale.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jacx For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 11:18 AM

My Mood/Status:
Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Luvsya has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Let's hope that the stores ACTUALLY follow this!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:28 AM

Jewels13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Jewels13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Jewels13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Jewels13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Jewels13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Jewels13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Jewels13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Jewels13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Jewels13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I went to target yesteday and bought 2- prevacid, 1 secret deo and 2 olay lotion . After they scanned each coupon, they have to hit something on the register to take it off. But the full amount came off for each coupon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jewels13 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 11:32 AM

Lusa1018 has posted more than 400 great deals!Lusa1018 has posted more than 400 great deals!Lusa1018 has posted more than 400 great deals!Lusa1018 has posted more than 400 great deals!Lusa1018 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayline View Post
Unfortunately, it's been my experience that the cashiers don't pay a whole lot of attention to this and aren't correcting the errors; just pressing whatever button they press to verify it without really looking.
Actually, I think some cashiers were pressing whatever button that 'ignores' your coupon, so it does NOT go through.

For example, recently I bought 10 of the Weight Watcher's Smart Ones frozen dinners, and I had 2 MQ's that were each "$5/5 Smart Ones frozen items". I also had the TQ for '$4/10".

I also bought several other items, too, at the same time so my grand total on the sales trans was for several things.

When the total came up, I thought it was a bit higher than it should be.

I asked the cashier "Did all the coupons go through?" and she replied "yes".

I still thought the total was too high, but I paid, and then stood at the end of her counter and reviewed my sales receipt - and sure enough, neither of the 2 MQ's went through. (The TQ for $4/10 did show up.)
So I showed this to the cashier, and she said I had to go to Customer Service to correct this. So I got the 2 MQ' s back from her register drawer, and walked over to CS, with the MQ's and my sales slip, to have them give me back the $10 from MQ's.

It was time consuming.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lusa1018 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 11:45 AM

Saving to support my family

My Mood/Status:
savingmom74055 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!savingmom74055 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!savingmom74055 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!savingmom74055 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!savingmom74055 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!savingmom74055 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Target yey! Target!

Big thanks to all who followed up - Sounds like govt regulatory agencies got involved which is we were reading and hoping for.

I am printing the rules and taking them to the store. I am so glad they did this now before Christmas shopping begins. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. This is the most progress we have seen for a long long time.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:05 PM

:-)
AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks, OP!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 12:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KAREN BUTLER has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I really think a goverment agencies did get to them because we as consumers chould file a suite againest them I not sure what it is called but when I went to target yesterday every coupons had to be pushed through
Old 11-06-2010, 12:12 PM

Goonies Never Say Die

My Mood/Status:
olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!olivas.sandra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy right now I could dance through Target.... This goes to show what a few coupon packing women can do....

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to olivas.sandra For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 12:24 PM

likes $3/$5 off Nature Mades
Kansas Sunflower

My Mood/Status:
bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
LOL, I love it....they have to tell them to smile!

**ISO Q's**
Tena
Egglands Egg coupons
Lactaid Milk
Tyson Chicken Sandwich
Angel Soft TP
Land O Lakes butter
Adult type cereal
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bobojay For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 12:38 PM

fulltimeto3boys has posted more than 150 good deals!fulltimeto3boys has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anst1976 View Post
I hope this really helps. Has anyone tried the GC deal since this change in the coupon policy to see if that cleared te glitch? Please post is you do?
I just got back and got five $5 gift cards with the Olay deal. The only coupon I used was the $8 TS3 one. Was the receipt showing anything odd when the glitch was going on? Mine looked like it normally does when you do a gift card deal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fulltimeto3boys For This Useful Post: