Champaign-Urbana Couponers!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 08:05 AM

RE: Champaign-Urbana couponers!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prissypoo View Post
When do those finish q's expire? I used all mine at the CVS MM deal a few weeks ago and gave them to my sister.

prissypoo
February 21st, so ther eis three weeks
Old 01-29-2011, 03:56 PM

attempting to catch up with coupons

2014 YTD Savings: $2625.75
My Mood/Status:
jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
[quote=clarinetb;3522224]No apologies! Thank you so much for jotting those down for me, greatly appreciated I figured it must be fairly high or there would be more chat about the deal but was hopeful! They were $3 for the 20/24 type sizes at CVS a couple weeks ago, plus there was an ECB deal so they were MM... just hoping for some cheap, hehe! The Qs are good till 2/21 so hopefully something comes up [quote]

I don't blame you! I'd hold out for a better one too. If you find one, please let us know. My mom and dad use Finish for their dishwasher, too.

Always willing to trade for WL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 PM

jewel460
New to couponing!

Hey guys,
I'm new to couponing and I'd love some tips for shopping in the area! I shop at the Urbana Meijer mostly. I don't get any newspapers, but I print coupons from smartsource, redplum, and coupons.com. I also use Meijer printable coupons and mperks. I'm really bummed that Meijer doesn't double coupons, and I recently found out that Schnucks will only double coupons that are 40 cents are less, and only /some/ items. Since I've started couponing, I've combined store sales and coupons a few times, but I haven't accomplished buying anything for free yet. I use the sales ads a lot, but I could use some help in figuring out sales cycles and unadvertised sales.

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 PM

moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Hi!

As far as sale cycles and unadvertised sales, the Meijer forum on AFC is super helpful. Click Forums-->Grocery Stores-->Meijer. People post about catalina deals (the coupons that print out at the register), price cuts, and other sweet deals.

While I do get free things at Meijer occasionally, most of my free stuff comes from CVS and Walgreens. Check their forums too (Forums-->Drug Stores) to see the current week's coupon matchups as well as the matchups for future weeks. This allows you to print coupons ahead of time, or order coupons you may need from ebay/coupon clipping sites. Within a couple months, you'll have built up a decent sized stockpile of free body wash, free toothbrushes/toothpaste, free deodorant, free contact solution, cheap shampoo/conditioner, and cheap razors. You can also find some good deals on food and cleaning supplies.

Target has good deals pretty often, and sometimes you can find free things at Walgreens or Dollar General. [All of which also have AFC forum pages]

You'll soon wish you had a newspaper, and when that day comes, I recommend buying the Chicago Tribune. If you get to CVS early-ish in the morning, before they sell out, it's only $1.99... otherwise it's $3 at Walgreens/gas stations. The News Gazette is totally horrendous when it comes to coupons. They put out teeny inserts that are half ads. I'm not a morning person, so I buy whole coupon inserts from a woman on AFC, and it's a good deal too.

Let me know if you need anything!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:06 AM

clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel460 View Post
Hey guys,
I'm new to couponing and I'd love some tips for shopping in the area! I shop at the Urbana Meijer mostly. I don't get any newspapers, but I print coupons from smartsource, redplum, and coupons.com. I also use Meijer printable coupons and mperks. I'm really bummed that Meijer doesn't double coupons, and I recently found out that Schnucks will only double coupons that are 40 cents are less, and only /some/ items. Since I've started couponing, I've combined store sales and coupons a few times, but I haven't accomplished buying anything for free yet. I use the sales ads a lot, but I could use some help in figuring out sales cycles and unadvertised sales.

Thanks!
Welcome! I'm in the process of moving out of town, but wanted to say 'hi'

It is worth keeping an eye on the upcoming coupon inserts in case there is a week where it is worth buying the paper, because sometimes there are weeks where it is worth paying for a couple of Tribunes to get a great set of coupons! You've probably noticed, but the News Gazette has a terrible coupon insert compared to the Tribune, so if you're buying for a specific coupon, you want to check if it is in there! The paper is cheaper, but sometimes there are next to no good coupons. Though they do get the P&G insert.

Also, if you want to stock up, which some of the MEijer sales are good for that, you can always order the specific coupons you need. I spend a chunk of time reading through the Meijer forum getting ideas, coupon match-ups, etc, it is a great group, very helpful people!! Some of the great deals come from their store coupons from buying items, OYNOs, which are hard to track without the forum!

Walgreens and CVS are worth playing the game, IMO, as you really do start getting in to free items and you can keep rolling you RRs or ECBs.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:08 AM

Anyone know of a group that would take a donation of samples of feminine products and travel size toiletries? I don't have as much as I thought, weeded out last year, but figure the stuff might as well be used
Old 02-12-2011, 09:17 AM

jewel460
I know the EI Food Bank takes that kind of stuff. I don't know why/if they'd reject travel/sample size? But that's where I'd send it
Old 02-12-2011, 09:20 AM

jewel460
How do you guys know about upcoming newspaper inserts? I thought that was the game the newspaper people were playing... you have to buy the newspaper to see what inserts are in it.

And are the printable coupons on the smartsource and redplum etc websites not the same as the ones in the papers? I was hoping I could avoid paying for a paper by printing them myself.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I know the EI Food Bank takes that kind of stuff. I don't know why/if they'd reject travel/sample size? But that's where I'd send it
Where is that physically located? I don't think I know

Quote:
How do you guys know about upcoming newspaper inserts? I thought that was the game the newspaper people were playing... you have to buy the newspaper to see what inserts are in it.

And are the printable coupons on the smartsource and redplum etc websites not the same as the ones in the papers? I was hoping I could avoid paying for a paper by printing them myself.
I'll find a link, they are posted at least a week, usually a couple ahead of time so you know The only issue is that some are regional, so knowing if your area gets it or not is hard!

No, definitely not always the same coupons, some are, some aren't. With the deals often posted ahead of time, and the coupons too, people can often point out good weeks where you might likely want the paper.

There are also other places to print coupons (and they are often linked with coupon match-ups int he forums), like Pillsbury, Kraft and thye have a bunch of different sites that offer combinations of different coupons, Kellogg's too.

Here is the link: http://www.sundaycouponpreview.com
Old 02-12-2011, 06:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hi Jewel, welcome! I hope we can find ways to help you get started. We all were new at this once, and I for one, am still learning! I agree about checking out the Sunday coupon previews and deciding what week to buy or not buy. I do get the news-gazette. I didn't know the trib was so cheap at CVS either, but not being a morning person either, I should probably just check with the preview and see which coupons I want to buy. I've used coupondede.com in the past.

I also agree that CVS/Walgreens are the places to find free/very cheap items. Again, as others said, check out the shopping lists for those stores each week. They usually even have a preview of the next week or two so you can see if next week's deals are even better than this week's... Target and Dollar General sometimes have good deals, but I find most of my shopping deals at Meijer (occasionally County Market), and the drugstores.

Continue to ask us any questions you might have....

Jenni

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
Lauren, you might check with Center for Women in Transition too. I think they may like to get things like that. (217) 352-7151. Also, I think Restoration Urban Ministries, empty tomb, and/or Salt and Light might be interested too.

Also here is the site for more information on the food bank: Eastern Illinois Foodbank

Good luck on your move! We'll be sad to see you go!

Old 02-12-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwo View Post
Lauren, you might check with Center for Women in Transition too. I think they may like to get things like that. (217) 352-7151 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************(217) 352-7151******end_of_the_skype_highlighting. Also, I think Restoration Urban Ministries, empty tomb, and/or Salt and Light might be interested too.

Also here is the site for more information on the food bank: Eastern Illinois Foodbank

Good luck on your move! We'll be sad to see you go!
Thanks for the ideas and thanks for the luck for the move

Quote:
I didn't know the trib was so cheap at CVS either, but not being a morning person either, I should probably just check with the preview and see which coupons I want to buy. I've used coupondede.com in the past.
My experience has been that the CVS on Mattis charges the local rate for the Tribune and the other CVS stores charge the 'surrounding areas' price... who knows why!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:39 PM

moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetb View Post
My experience has been that the CVS on Mattis charges the local rate for the Tribune and the other CVS stores charge the 'surrounding areas' price... who knows why!
I haven't bought it there for a couple months [got kind of lazy about taking the bus over there] but the CVS at Green & Neil used to charge $1.99 for the Tribune too.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviewithn0story View Post
I haven't bought it there for a couple months [got kind of lazy about taking the bus over there] but the CVS at Green & Neil used to charge $1.99 for the Tribune too.
Interesting, when I used to go there it was $3, so odd
Old 02-13-2011, 08:51 PM

jewel460
Hey,
will you guys tell me how the coupon database works? if i see a coupon i want that someone else has, what do i do? in the asking for column it says "n/a". does that meant they don't want anything in return??

thanks you guys!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:29 PM

I'm not really sure what "asking for" column you're referring to?

The coupon database lets you search for coupons to see if something exists for a product you want to buy. There are FSOT [for sale or trade] forums where people post about coupons they have that you can either buy or trade for. Here's the link: http://www.afullcup.com/forums/sale-trade-fsot/
Also, lots of people post things in their signature, or have ISO [in search of] or FSOT links in their posts, so you can check out what they have and what they want in return.

Usually people don't give out coupons, so they typically want either different coupons or money via paypal. Sometimes people will trade for Box Tops for Education or stamps too.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:00 PM

If you see that someone has posted they have it for sale in the database, I'd send them a message and just ask. It tends not to be easy to keep updated, so could easily be out of date even if it says someone has it. Your best bet is to find what you want, then see if anyone has a thread in the for sale or trade section, otherwise post an ISO.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:25 AM

cdbyangela
Thanks so much for the tip about the Chicago Tribune. I live in Monticello and bought my first copy yesterday (Super Pantry). Wow. I had no idea that there would be so many more coupons than the News-Gazette. As an experiment, I also bought the Decatur Herald. It was interesting to find that the Herald had the General Mills insert, but the News-Gazette did not.

I've subscribed to the News-Gazette for 20 years and I had no idea how many coupons I was missing. Thanks again for the info.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:18 AM

prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Hi guys!

If you are big Chex Mix fans, there's a deal going on at IGA. In the ad, there is a coupon for $3 off any 6 items listed, Chex Mix included. Pair that with 3 of the $0.50/2 Chex Mix MQ's and pay $3 for 6 bags or $0.50 each. The family eats a ton of this stuff, so I'll be heading that way today!

prissypoo
and Noah
, and shopper of Walgreens, Meijer, Wal-Mart, Target and Schnuck's!

See my blog at
!
The Following User Says Thank You to prissypoo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks Prissy! We never get the IGA ad now that the Champaign ones closed. Thanks for the head's up. It reminds me I really should check out their website and see what their sales are anymore. haha

The Following User Says Thank You to jwo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbyangela View Post
Thanks so much for the tip about the Chicago Tribune. I live in Monticello and bought my first copy yesterday (Super Pantry). Wow. I had no idea that there would be so many more coupons than the News-Gazette. As an experiment, I also bought the Decatur Herald. It was interesting to find that the Herald had the General Mills insert, but the News-Gazette did not.

I've subscribed to the News-Gazette for 20 years and I had no idea how many coupons I was missing. Thanks again for the info.
I'm in the same boat too. I remember at Christmas time we were visiting my mother-in-law in NC and I was SHOCKED at all the coupon inserts she receives each week. I was genuinely jealous! haha I had never even known the General Mills insert existed til I was visiting there. I have decided I'm going to have to make the effort and investment to find a trib in town.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:32 PM

prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!prissypoo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Thanks Prissy! We never get the IGA ad now that the Champaign ones closed. Thanks for the head's up. It reminds me I really should check out their website and see what their sales are anymore. haha
The rumor floating around is that all of the IGAs will be County Markets before long... but the one here in Mahomet is holding on. I'd kind of prefer a County Market, they have better sales than the IGA.

Ah well... back to the couponing!

prissypoo
and Noah

See my blog at
!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 AM

If you guys like Bob Evans' sausage, County Market has a store coupon out making a roll of the breakfast sausage $1.99. Pair it with the $1 off 2 MQ and you can get 2 rolls for $3.

Why is sausage and bacon so expensive? Is there a pig shortage I'm not aware of?

prissypoo
and Noah

See my blog at
!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:25 AM

If any of you got the County Market coupons in the mail yesterday, here's a coupon matchup for it. The Purex is pretty cheap with q's!

Totino’s Pizza Rolls, 15 ct, $0.69, limit 6
$0.50/3 Totino’s Pizza Products, GM Insert, 2/13/2011, $3.14 for 6, $0.52 each

Pepsi products, 6-pack, 24 oz bottles, $2.49, limit 2

Eckrich Ready Crisp Bacon, 1.9 oz, $1.79, limit 2

Prairie Farms Orange Juice, gallon, $1.59, limit 2

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, 7.25 oz, $0.49, limit 2

Eckrich Smoked Sausage, 12-16 oz, $1.99, limit 2
$1/2 Eckrich Smoked Sausage Products, SS, 1/30/11, $2.98 for 2, $1.49 each

Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red, 128 oz, $1.59, limit 2

Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce, 26.5 oz, $0.69, limit 2
Creamette Pasta, 32 oz, $1.19, limit 2

French Bread, $0.99, limit 2

County Market Mushrooms, 4 oz, pieces and stems, $0.33, limit 6

County Market Tomato Juice, 46 oz, $0.77, limit 2

Borden Shreds, 7-8 oz, $1.49, limit 3

Purex Laundry Detergent, 50 oz, $1.99, limit 2
$1/1 Purex Concentrated Laundry Detergent, RP, 2/20/11, $1.98 for 2, $0.99 each

Scotties Tissues, 75-132 ct, $0.69, limit 2

Equaline Gem Head Toothbrush, 1 ct, $0.49, limit 6

Slow Roasters Deli Meats, ham, turkey, roast beef, $1.50 off per lb, limit 2 lbs total

Green Giant Baby Cut Carrots, 16 oz, $0.88, limit 2

Navel Oranges, 4 lb, $1.99, limit 1

Doritos, 11.5-14.5 oz, $1.69, limit 2

Keebler Fudge Shoppe Cookies, 6.6-15 oz, $1.77, limit 2
$1/2 Keebler Cookies, RP, 3/6/11, $2.54 for 2, $1.27 each

Blue Bunny Ice Cream, 56 oz, $1.99, limit 2

prissypoo
and Noah

See my blog at
!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:55 AM

My Mood/Status:

I'm probably going to take advantage of Meijer or Schnucks 10 for 10 this week, but I'll check my mail to see if I got any Qs from CM I can use another week.

The Following User Says Thank You to jwo For This Useful Post: