What Is A Real Good Price For Laundry Detergent Per Load/oz?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 09:24 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
What is a real good price for laundry detergent per load/oz?

I am thinking of doing the CVS bogo deal on the All detergent which would come out to be $2.75 per bottle for the 32 load after coupons.

Nothing can compare to the 26 bottles of free Purex I got in April 09 at CVS with their bogo deal and the ip coupon

We finally ran out of detergent a month ago~

Also: Do you find a difference in your clothes using cheap "no name" detergent versus your more expensive name brand (does the cheap detergent really fade your clothes?)

Last edited by roseminxe; 08-04-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 07:02 AM

RE: What is a real good price for laundry detergent per load/oz?

My Mood/Status:
abbyv has posted more than 300 great deals!abbyv has posted more than 300 great deals!abbyv has posted more than 300 great deals!abbyv has posted more than 300 great deals!
I think laundry detergent, on average, is about .15 to .21/load. This price can vary based on what brand you use and how much you use. I never used the amount that was suggested.

Personally, I never noticed a difference when using Tide vs. Target's brand. I also didn't look for it...

Your CVS deal seems like a great deal to me! Almost as cheap as the laundry detergent I make (that's .05/load).
The Following User Says Thank You to abbyv For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyv View Post
I think laundry detergent, on average, is about .15 to .21/load. This price can vary based on what brand you use and how much you use. I never used the amount that was suggested.

Personally, I never noticed a difference when using Tide vs. Target's brand. I also didn't look for it...

Your CVS deal seems like a great deal to me! Almost as cheap as the laundry detergent I make (that's .05/load).
I thought about making my own but dh said, "why don't you get it for free again" I told him its not that easy as the deals have to present themselves but I think I will do the "All" deal. Thanks for your help
The Following User Says Thank You to roseminxe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 07:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
abbyv has posted more than 300 great deals!abbyv has posted more than 300 great deals!abbyv has posted more than 300 great deals!abbyv has posted more than 300 great deals!
I think if I could find a brand that didn't cause my daughter's eczema to flair up and could get it for as cheaply as I can make it or free, I would buy it. For sure!
The Following User Says Thank You to abbyv For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 08:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
bjhuds has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bjhuds has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bjhuds has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bjhuds has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bjhuds has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bjhuds has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bjhuds has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bjhuds has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bjhuds has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Do you have a Bi-Lo in your area? They have the All BOGO this week. With the $1/1 q's I got it for $1.98 each yesterday. I only had 5 q's and I was so mad at myself for not ordering extras.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:07 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhuds View Post
Do you have a Bi-Lo in your area? They have the All BOGO this week. With the $1/1 q's I got it for $1.98 each yesterday. I only had 5 q's and I was so mad at myself for not ordering extras.
No we do not have a Bi-Lo in my area... I will need to go order these q's now~
Old 08-06-2010, 02:03 AM

~~Ariana~~ has posted more than 25 good deals
Xcel laundry detergent is $1.99 for a 78 oz (50 load) bottle at walgreens this week. It is a cheaper brand but I've used it a lot and it works fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to ~~Ariana~~ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 08:29 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Ariana~~ View Post
Xcel laundry detergent is $1.99 for a 78 oz (50 load) bottle at walgreens this week. It is a cheaper brand but I've used it a lot and it works fine.
I've used it as well and it works fine... I will pick up a few bottles Thanks!
Old 08-14-2010, 03:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
deelightfull has posted more than 150 good deals!deelightfull has posted more than 150 good deals!
I aim for .10/load. I try not to buy it until it's .10/load, and the further it is under that the more I try to get!!

As for Tide vs. the other I don't know. I know Consumer Reports likes Tide best, so I try to get it when I can at my favorite prices, but I don't think I notice the difference. I'm using a marked down store brand bottle right now, and the biggest difference I've noticed is that the marks on the cap for measuring are hard to read, so I often end up using too much detergent, doh!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you. --Althea Gibson
The Following User Says Thank You to deelightfull For This Useful Post: