Going To Disneyland In Anaheim!

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 03:26 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Going to Disneyland in Anaheim!

So we planned a last minute trip to Disneyland this coming weekend and I would like to know if anyone has any advice or tips for savings? We have already booked our hotel but I would like to really make this a great trip. It's my first time to Disney ever and we are taking DD for her birthday (she is turning 3) and 10 month old DS. Are strollers the way to go or should we rent the park stroller? Any must see attractions? Any advice/tips would be appreciated!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 03:59 PM

RE: Going to Disneyland in Anaheim!

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Your stroller should be fine. I would bring one. And snacks..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(2)
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexdur85 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 PM

back in love with couponing
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would bring your own. BUT< sometimes cast members move them for some reason or another, like it was a regular parking place, but then its parade time so they move them. They did it to me and moved mine somewhere and it got SOAKED! ( we didn't realize it was wet until we laid the baby down in it and her clothes were WET!. So none the less, Disney bought my baby a new cute outfit!
If you have an expensive stroller ( I have a Quinny) I wouldn't bring it. I have heard of far too many Bugaboos disappearing in the park. But a regular Graco or Evenflo or an umbrealla stroller I would bring. Whichever stroller has the biggest basket! You'll need it!
BTW, before I moved up here I lived in Anaheim for 28 years! So you can ask me any Anaheim questions you want!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to katieculpepper For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2010, 04:21 PM

sick
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i always use our own stroller-
pack lots of snacks and drinks - i know they lightly check for stuff you cant take in so i always pack sodas around a sweater or something in the diaper bag!

if your going to into both parks california adventure has a great lil show "mickey mouse's club house" my kids ages 5,2,1 loved it! they danced and got really involved in it!

also @ guest relations in disneyland you can get free pins that say
celebrating our- first trip- birthday ( you can have them write a name on this one)
anniversary and ect! they are really cute and you can get as many as you need!

if your going on the weekend prepare to stand in long lines- also see if the hotel you booked has a trolley to the park (saves on parkink)
the last time we went we stayed at the double tree and when you walk in they have tons of ads and flyers if you look you can find a flyer from mc donalds -should be in most hotels in that area -- anyway the fyler takes 20% off your order we like to eat before we go inside- then again inside but its much cheaper to eat before!

the nights tend to get really chilly there so pack some warm stuff for your 3 yr old but currently in the day its been almost 100 here in cali-

if you plan to watch any parades check the times before hand and get a seat an 1 to an hour and a half before it starts as spots get taken very fast for these!!

hope any of this helps you!

oh and take tons of pics!!!!!
and have a blast!
The Following User Says Thank You to jazzettsmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2010, 04:26 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzettsmommy View Post
i always use our own stroller-
pack lots of snacks and drinks - i know they lightly check for stuff you cant take in so i always pack sodas around a sweater or something in the diaper bag!

if your going to into both parks california adventure has a great lil show "mickey mouse's club house" my kids ages 5,2,1 loved it! they danced and got really involved in it!

also @ guest relations in disneyland you can get free pins that say
celebrating our- first trip- birthday ( you can have them write a name on this one)
anniversary and ect! they are really cute and you can get as many as you need!

if your going on the weekend prepare to stand in long lines- also see if the hotel you booked has a trolley to the park (saves on parkink)
the last time we went we stayed at the double tree and when you walk in they have tons of ads and flyers if you look you can find a flyer from mc donalds -should be in most hotels in that area -- anyway the fyler takes 20% off your order we like to eat before we go inside- then again inside but its much cheaper to eat before!

the nights tend to get really chilly there so pack some warm stuff for your 3 yr old but currently in the day its been almost 100 here in cali-

if you plan to watch any parades check the times before hand and get a seat an 1 to an hour and a half before it starts as spots get taken very fast for these!!

hope any of this helps you!

oh and take tons of pics!!!!!
and have a blast!
TYVM! DD loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so we will try to check out the show! I appreciate the tips!
The Following User Says Thank You to babyrn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2010, 04:27 PM

sick
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jazzettsmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
ya the show it great the place is actually shaped as his head my dd loved it and now when she sees the shows shes like i've been in there!
they have stuff fall from the top and the kids love it!
try and get front row seats in the middle section!
The Following User Says Thank You to jazzettsmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2010, 05:19 PM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
If..for some reason.. you want to eat at the rainforest cafe make a reservation in the AM for it. We made the mistake and made a reservation in the middle of the day and we still had to wait an hour to be seated..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(2)
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexdur85 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Has anyone done the character dining? We are going, but we don't know which one to pick. Also, is the food included, or do we have to pay for food separately? The tickets were over 35.oo for each of us, so I assumed that food/buffet was included, but DH thinks that we have to pay to eat. Does anyone know? TIA!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you want to pack lighter take water bottles and the flavor pouches- then just refill at the water fountains and use a flavor pouch! We went to Disney last year in FL. We are going again in Sept! Woo Hoo! Take bandaids, etc- just in case of blisters- would not want to have to pay for them in disney

Always looking for a deal!