Rite Aid UP+ Reward Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 01:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Rite Aid UP+ reward issues

I went to Rite Aid to use one of my John Freida UP rewards this morning and the register would not take it. I was not using any other coupons. The shift supervisor was very apologetic and told me people w/over 250 wellness points were having the same issue and that I need to call corporate. Not open today so will call in the morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to Katlady For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:35 PM

RE: Rite Aid UP+ reward issues

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
grandma6082 has posted more than 25 good deals
I had coupons last week for the crest toothpaste which generated ups rewards. The first reward went through easily but could not use the duplicate ones that I received. I was told that you could only use one per week. Has any one else experienced this?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grandma6082 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2010, 07:03 PM

teacheraid has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma6082 View Post
I had coupons last week for the crest toothpaste which generated ups rewards. The first reward went through easily but could not use the duplicate ones that I received. I was told that you could only use one per week. Has any one else experienced this?
I used two today that I had received from the Crest toothpaste last week. I was not told that I could only use one per week. If I was told that, I would plan on calling cs tomorrow. I had purchased 3 of the Crest tp last week and if I was only able to use one per week then I'd loose being able to use one. Especially if what you were told meant only one +UP reward period per week, no matter how many you had earned the week before from various purchases.

ETA: I have well over 250 points, so this didn't come into play either.

Last edited by teacheraid; 07-11-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: added info
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teacheraid For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2010, 07:32 PM

dvcscrapper has posted more than 1 good deal
I tried to use some of mine today and they all came up as expired!!!! They didn't expire till the 24th. They just entered them as coupons. The manager questioned using the three different ones on one transaction but the cashier said it was ok to do as she had asked about it on a previous day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvcscrapper For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2010, 08:16 PM

Glad to finally be back I NEED to be here!
Money Saving Mama!

My Mood/Status:
mommy2my2babies has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mommy2my2babies has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mommy2my2babies has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mommy2my2babies has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mommy2my2babies has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mommy2my2babies has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mommy2my2babies has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mommy2my2babies has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mommy2my2babies has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Im new to this, can you use the rewards to buy the same thing over again and get another reward from it? like in this example I found on another thread:

Duracell Batteries $4.99
Zegerid $10
Garnier Face Wipes $5.99
Motrin PM $4.39 (with 20% wellness discount)
Total: $25.37
-$5/$25 RA Q
-.75/1 Duracell 7/4 P&G
-$3 Zegerid in ad Q
-$4 Zegerid 6/20 SS
-$5 Garnier in ad
-$1/1 Garnier 7/11 RP
-$3/1 Motrin in ad
OOP: $3.62

Receive $1 + UP Duracell, $7 +UP Zegerid, $2 +UP Motrin

$6.38 MM less tax! And I plan to buy enough of the Duracell to qualify for the $10 rebate so an even bigger MM!

Can I do that and keep doing it over and over using the rewards I got instead of having to pay cash?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommy2my2babies For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 AM

kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Issue with UP Rewards

I went to RA yesterday and when I handed her my first UP reward it scanned as expired. The said there was "nothing they could do about it". I asked to speak to the manager who tried to scan it herself. Again came back as expired. They could clearly see that it didn't expire until 7/24. She ended up calling someone else who told her to manually enter them (I had 7 of them total). She wasn't real happy about it as it took some time for her to do it but she got them all through.
The Following User Says Thank You to kathykat49 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
cup cake has posted more than 300 great deals!cup cake has posted more than 300 great deals!cup cake has posted more than 300 great deals!cup cake has posted more than 300 great deals!
Are people still having these issues today?
The Following User Says Thank You to cup cake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:46 AM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
One a week? Thats crazy. LOL
I used more than one in a transaction often.

IMO... Sometimes cashiers make things up so they dont have to fix an issue or call a manager or the store is busy, or any other reason...

Its funny how if I ever have an issue I often know what the cashier should do (ie lower coupon amount, scan a differant coupon 1st)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weatie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 11:09 AM

teacheraid has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2my2babies View Post
Im new to this, can you use the rewards to buy the same thing over again and get another reward from it? like in this example I found on another thread:

Duracell Batteries $4.99
Zegerid $10
Garnier Face Wipes $5.99
Motrin PM $4.39 (with 20% wellness discount)
Total: $25.37
-$5/$25 RA Q
-.75/1 Duracell 7/4 P&G
-$3 Zegerid in ad Q
-$4 Zegerid 6/20 SS
-$5 Garnier in ad
-$1/1 Garnier 7/11 RP
-$3/1 Motrin in ad
OOP: $3.62

Receive $1 + UP Duracell, $7 +UP Zegerid, $2 +UP Motrin

$6.38 MM less tax! And I plan to buy enough of the Duracell to qualify for the $10 rebate so an even bigger MM!

Can I do that and keep doing it over and over using the rewards I got instead of having to pay cash?
From what I'm reading on SD, others have been able to "roll" (use) the +UP rewards and still receive the +UP reward. IE: using your Duracell +UP reward to buy another Duracell and receive another +UP reward. I haven't tried it yet, but I gather it does work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teacheraid For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 11:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
samnjay0830 has posted more than 25 good deals
that sucks! i went to rite aid last week or the week before and used the up that i got from the p&g toliet paper and paper towels deal. the guy said i had to use the up on the same products i got previously. so i argued with him that you can use the up on any product for about 5 minutes before i walked up to the manager that was stocking the aisles...she then had to argue with the cashier taking my side!!!! what a nerd!
The Following User Says Thank You to samnjay0830 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 01:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I called this morning-they're sending me my $10. She said it would take about 2 weeks to get here.She also was unsure if the issue had been fixed or not.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:16 PM

looking for frugal ideas
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!maineia has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
this might explain my lil' head butt in RA yesterday (no one was harmed by the way )
In the process, I inadvertently called the UP+ rewards as "Up yours" rewards.
I swear it was not intentional!

Now I need to be very careful not to do THAT again!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maineia For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 01:18 PM

Ellen L has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Ellen L has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Ellen L has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Ellen L has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Ellen L has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Ellen L has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineia View Post
this might explain my lil' head butt in RA yesterday (no one was harmed by the way )

That is too funny!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ellen L For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 01:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:

Way, way, way too funny!

On a slightly seperate note: I think it's interesting how some of the managers won't do anything about issues with the +Up. Just telling us to call corporate. Then, some of them look at the reward and as long as it's valid and not expired just push it through for us. I much prefer them just pushing it through as apposed to having to call corporate! I wonder why they don't all do this? Are they really not supposed to or something?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mayflowergirl2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 04:28 PM

momtosam has posted more than 100 good deals!momtosam has posted more than 100 good deals!
My RA's entire computer system crashed last week and no +Up rewards have been printing ever since. They have been handwriting them onto the bottom of the receipt and then process it as a price adjustment when you redeem them. (for example, I bought a pack of 8.99 Pull-ups and had $7 in +Up rewards handwritten, so they adjusted the cost of the pull-ups to 1.99). This is fine except it limits me to redeeming my +up rewards to this store only and I like to store hop. I was last there on Friday and the girl told me they have called corporate 4 times and no one has come to fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to momtosam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 04:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote: