Help W/Target Receipt

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 08:28 AM
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
jl531 has posted more than 150 good deals!jl531 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Help w/Target Receipt

Hello!
I first want to thank you all for the valuable information I have received since falling onto this website, just last week!
Since the Gerber offer was soon expiring, and I live 50+ miles from Target, I went last night and loaded up. I made sure to double check with my store, and asked if they limited the amount of coupons - and they said NO. They also confirmed I could use manufacture coupons with Target coupons. So - I was good to go!

The check out gal was very nice, and said that she, too, was a coupon user.

I was looking over my receipt on the way out the door, and was very confused by it. I watched her scan every coupon, so I know they were scanned, but the recipt is just plain goofy to read! So, I took it back to the checkouts, and a few of the employees looked at it, and couldn't figure it out. Over comes the store manager, and he and I looked over the receipt for about an hour (ugh!). I told him I wasn't questioning, per se, but just wanted clarification on how to read the darn thing. He couldn't figure it out either (which made it more frustrating). Would anyone be willing to look at a portion of this, and help me understand it? Today, I took the receipt, and subtracted all other items that I purchased - and it does appear that everything came off just fine. But it is confusing!

Please PM if you'd be willing to take a peek, and help me out. TIA!

Jill
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 02:24 PM

RE: Help w/Target Receipt

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

savesave has posted more than 50 good deals
Hi jl531, I have heard it's hard to read a Target receipt. You are more than welcome to post your portion of your receipt and all the Target experts (definitely not me) are more than willing to help you out. There is also a discussion on the receipt here.

http://www.afullcup.com/upload/targe...ed-me-off.html

Hope this helps!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:13 PM

tjsmommy has posted more than 25 good deals
I thought I was being ripped off too, so I decided to take a calculator and add up all the positives, then subtract all the negatives and ignor everything else. In the end although it looked weird it was correct and all my coupons came off.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:21 PM

AFC Star Member

klystone has posted more than 75 good deals!
They take the Target coupons off the price of the items (they will combine the items on the receipt if it is a $/2 deal), and then it gives you a "package price", the price of the item(s) minus the Target coupon, which is the maximum value of a return you can get if you return those items. They do this to combat the fraudulent return of items purchased with coupons in order to make money. Then the mfr coupons will usually come off at the end of the receipt, but sometimes those are taken off immediately under the item itself, probably adding to the confusion! I agree with the pp--add up all the positive values, subtract all the negative values, and it should come out! HTH!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:52 PM

EveWasFramed has posted more than 1 good deal
My Target receipts read like Greek as well, but the math always comes out correctly!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:57 PM

we were all newbies once
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I always add everything up with a calculator when I get home and it is always correct. Their receipts are very hard to understand, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:18 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
jl531 has posted more than 150 good deals!jl531 has posted more than 150 good deals!
You are all so helpful! I did just that - and it seems to have worked out. If I subtracted all of the purchases - besides my Gerber purchases (which were the ones confusing me!), I spent a total of $18.30 on Gerber. So, for $18.30, I received 40 packages of "tubs" Stage 2 food, 2 juices, 4 graduate tubs and 4 graduate bags of fruit. Works for me!

I spent about 45 minutes with the store manager, and even he could not figure it out! That is what is frustrating about the whole thing! He was very kind about it (and I made it clear I was not complaining!).

Thanks, again!
Jill

Tags
receipt, w or target