Check Your Target Receipt Thoroughly!!!!

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 10:51 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

mrajja has posted more than 1 good deal
Check your Target receipt thoroughly!!!!

I made a trip to Target today. I have finally decided it will be my last baby food run. I can't even remember what all I bought....

Infusium shampoo and conditioner
2 - Noxema products
2- Gerber veggie puffs
5 - Target water
12 - Gerber stage 2 - 2 packs
10 - Gerber stage 2 jars
1 - ready to feed Similac
1 - Gerber DHA cereal
1 - Gerber oatmeal box
8 - Gerber graduates diced foods
12 - Gerber stage 3 foods
2 - towels at 2.75 each
1- Gerber juice

There may have been more but I can't remember at the moment. Total bill should have been $86. The cashier totaled it at $42. I knew that didn't sound right.

I had...
.50 coupons for the water
$1 off 2 for all the Gerber
.55 and .75 off the veggie puffs
B1G1 for 4 of the diced foods
$2 off the DHA cereal
.50 off single grain cereal
B1G1 for the Noxema
B1G1 for the Infusium
$3 off Infusium
$1 off 6 Gerber 2pks
$1 off Gerber juice

I had both boys with me (7 weeks and 4 yrs) and they were both restless so I decided to wait until I got to the car. We ran another errand and then headed back to Target. Turns out the cashier was lazy and tried to shortcut some of the coupons. I didn't notice because my youngest was screaming to the point of almost being purple.

I went back in because she didn't ring the B1G1 on the Noxema or the Infusium which was a total of $10.20 and then looked at some of the Gerber stuff. You have to be VERY cautious because sometimes their system only takes the Target coupon and voids out the manufacturing coupon. After arguing another 20 minutes with their customer service I got another $4.78 back. Total OOP was $27 or something which was a little easier to digest than the $42. I talked to 3 people in customer service and none of them had the same answer for the coupon policy. It was enough to drive me batty!!!

In looking at my reciept I was overcharged another $13 so it really should have been $14 OOP. I could have gone back in but it probably would have involved me bringing in all my purchases with both boys....the 4 yr old was too antsy and the 7 week old needed fed and was burning up. In the grand scheme it wasn't worth going back for the $13. My nerves would have been too shot. I just wanted to make sure that everyone takes a really good look at their receipts and be careful of the web printed coupons sticking together. She missed 6 of my $1/2 Gerber coupons.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2007, 01:52 PM

RE: Check your Target receipt thoroughly!!!!

My Mood/Status:
skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I've learned the hard way to check ALL of my receipts from ALL stores!!! It's amazing how much money you can lose if you don't go through, calculator in hand, and check off items AND coupons as you put stuff away.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 PM

In Love With Coupons
Trying to stockpile again.

My Mood/Status:
ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ms.laura has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Target workers...

I too had to go back to my local target store because i was over charged. The cashier scanned all my coupons but the computer didn't do the math right. Easy math! I was over charged $8+ dollars on Gerber cereal and food. While at the customer service desk the young woman looked at my receipt and said the computer did it right and that it looked right so it must be right. i was a little angry because each cereal (bought 2) cost $2.99 and I had 2-$2.00 coupon + $1.00 coupon and i was charged $4.98. I told the woman, how can you say its right look at the receipt and do the math and she did and she said it was right so I just had to say bring out a calculator. After standing there with he for 10minutes she finally gave me a store credit coupon for $9.00. on another receipt i was over charged $2+ and got $6.00 store credit. "Look at your receipts!"
Old 07-31-2007, 07:32 PM

if you can't be an athlete
be an athletic supporter!!

My Mood/Status:
schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Isn't it crazy!! I check all of them now...especially walmart and target...they seem the worst! Other stores are just as bad though!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:34 PM

cellomom has posted more than 1 good deal
I check it as it rings up if I can, then before I leave. It is harder with kids along. Today, I actually signed one of my kiddos up for an art class & "let" the other two go to a drop-in daycare they LOVE for 2 hrs. so I could run around & do CVS, Target, & Kmart-battery deals. I still came out WAY ahead $-wise and they were much happier! I tried to take all 3 to Kmart yesterday & it was a DISASTER. (BTW if you have not gotten in on the Duracell-P&G thing at KMart, RUN there even if you hate Kmart. I got $60 of P&G goods and Duracell batteries for $1.96 today.)

The CS at my ST will reimburse me for missed coupons. With the printables it is usually easier if I bring an extra one up with me & give it to them, rather than arguing about whether the cashier missed it or took it or whatever.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:06 AM

AFC Star Member

savesave has posted more than 50 good deals
cellomom, good way to run an errand all by yourself!!. I wish I could do the same! anyway, what's the deal with the batteries at Kmart? just Kmart? if yes, then, don't worry about it.. we don't have Kmart around here..
Old 08-01-2007, 06:38 AM

cellomom has posted more than 1 good deal
Yeah, it's just Kmart. I read about it on the board here. You buy 1 pk of Duracell ($5.50 - .75/1 cpn) & 2 participating P&G products (including .99 Always pantiliners & Ivory soap 3-pks!) and get a $10 gift card on the spot IF you have a coupon which should be in the store.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:48 AM

AFC Star Member

savesave has posted more than 50 good deals
Thank you for the info..

Tags
check, receipt, target