Target Re-usable Bag Policy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 03:31 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Target Re-usable Bag Policy

Front end manager advised me today that you only get the $.05 bag credit if you use a NON-plastic that is canvas. When I pointed out the bags they gave out yesterday were not canvas, she said because that is a promotion. So they refused to give me my bag credit because I used an old beat up plastic Target bag that I had in the back of my car. When I said I would put the items in my purse, they still refused to give me the credit. I know, it's only $.05, but it doesn't make sense.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CouponQueen925 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:44 PM

RE: Target Re-usable Bag Policy

My Mood/Status:
priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
They were wrong. The bag credit is for any reusable bag, and even a plastic target bag is reusable.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:49 PM

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Actually they told me the same thing, it has to be a true reusable bag and one of their plastic ones is not counted because they already give those out. Would not be fair to give five cents for using a bag they already give out.
The Following User Says Thank You to ericlovesarah For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 03:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!babyboy2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Yup... what priscillasmylove says... they are wrong! Sometimes they forget to give me my credit. When I remind them.. they give me this weird look.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(3)who loves
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love to
and

Last edited by babyboy2; 04-19-2010 at 03:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to babyboy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 03:51 PM

NatalieSaves has posted more than 300 great deals!NatalieSaves has posted more than 300 great deals!NatalieSaves has posted more than 300 great deals!NatalieSaves has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlovesarah View Post
Actually they told me the same thing, it has to be a true reusable bag and one of their plastic ones is not counted because they already give those out. Would not be fair to give five cents for using a bag they already give out.
But they're not giving out another bag, so they're still saving money.
The Following User Says Thank You to NatalieSaves For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 03:56 PM

Is Very Thankful!

My Mood/Status:
simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!simmonds4 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
At our store it has to be an actual reusable bag, not plastic one from any store. I think whole idea is to phase out the plastic ones completely. However I use my Nylon one from BBW and that works great along with my canvas ones.

Hoping for better days ahead!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simmonds4 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 04:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmonds4 View Post
At our store it has to be an actual reusable bag, not plastic one from any store. I think whole idea is to phase out the plastic ones completely. However I use my Nylon one from BBW and that works great along with my canvas ones.
She did say they are trying to phase out the plastic ones period. My thing is I should get the credit if I don't use a new bag. When I purchased a storage bin, I had them put all of the stuff in the bin, and they still would not budge on the bag credit. I'm not a big Target customer anyway, so I can live with it. By the time I make it to Target, I already have tons of other stuff in my CVS and Walgreens bags, so I don't bother the empty it out. Even today at CVS, the assistant manager did not know that she could scan my bag tag if I just carried the items out.
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponQueen925 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 06:18 PM

Loves A Great Deal!

My Mood/Status:
Slegos has posted more than 400 great deals!Slegos has posted more than 400 great deals!Slegos has posted more than 400 great deals!Slegos has posted more than 400 great deals!Slegos has posted more than 400 great deals!
Isn't any bag you "REUSE" a reusable bag? My Target gives me credit for any bag I bring in. I've found it interesting how different each Target is in my area.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:41 PM

MommyBMN has posted more than 100 good deals!MommyBMN has posted more than 100 good deals!
The last time I bought a new laundry basket they gave me credit for a reusable bag when I used the basket to carry everything out.
The Following User Says Thank You to MommyBMN For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 06:59 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!loral has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I looked for an actual policy but could not find one. This is from the newspaper website - a news post about the new Target re-usable bag policy.
Target begins nationwide reusable bag policy | Minnesota Public Radio NewsQ

Target officially launches the new policy on Nov. 1, although most stores already have it in place, Reilly said. Customers will notice signs at registers and can also learn about the new initiative in Target's circular ads, she said.

Shoppers don't have to use a Target reusable bag to get credit, but the bag can't be a plastic or paper bag that they're using again.

Hopes this helps but... I think sometimes they make it up as the go.
* ds 5
* ds 4
* phineas
* ferb
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loral For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 07:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
clp8904 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clp8904 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clp8904 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clp8904 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clp8904 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clp8904 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clp8904 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clp8904 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clp8904 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
So do you get $0.05 for each bag used? Or just $0.05 period?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:32 PM

gone shopping!

My Mood/Status:
Des8062002 has posted more than 400 great deals!Des8062002 has posted more than 400 great deals!Des8062002 has posted more than 400 great deals!Des8062002 has posted more than 400 great deals!Des8062002 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clp8904 View Post
So do you get $0.05 for each bag used? Or just $0.05 period?
for each bag used. I used 4 of my bags the other day and got $.20 off. HTH
Old 04-19-2010, 07:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
tycomom has posted more than 200 great deals!tycomom has posted more than 200 great deals!tycomom has posted more than 200 great deals!
I am surprised to hear this is happening for so many of you! They always give me credit for any type of re-usable bag I have brought in. I even have some beach bag totes/purses I use. They have never cared what kind of fabric the bags are. If they really do why in the world did they give me a plastic one for earth day yesterday . Go figure . Hmm...at 5 cents each I am pretty sure they should just give you the credit thats ridiculous! They aren't going to go bankrupt! Maybe its a manager decision at store level?
The Following User Says Thank You to tycomom For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 05:15 AM

ashleyl310 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ashleyl310 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ashleyl310 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ashleyl310 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ashleyl310 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ashleyl310 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ashleyl310 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ashleyl310 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ashleyl310 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Per Target policy, the bag has to be non-plastic (as posted above). Cashiers were also told when the program was rolled out that the customer actually has to use a bag, as in no credit if they refuse a bag. If a cashier does give you credit for just not taking a bag, then that's certainly at their discretion, but the policy we were given states they have to have a bag. Beach bags/totes would count towards the reusable bag credit, but an old plastic Target bag would not HTH.

As far as just "giving" customers the 5 cents, it's the same logic as if they "miss" a 5 cent coupon, or a price is ringing up for 5 cents more and say "oh, it's just 5 cents". At the individual level, no it's not that much money, but at the national level it's bound to add up.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashleyl310 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 12:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
ErrandGirl has posted more than 150 good deals!ErrandGirl has posted more than 150 good deals!
The Target re-useable bag thing is a HUGE issue for me. Five cents is five cents and by gosh, I'm gonna get it every time. Sometimes I've had to "remind" cashiers about the bags that I've lugged around the store for an hour, currently sitting in my cart, filled with my groceries. Other times they do it without being asked. But more often than not they hit the button to finish the transaction and then say "whoops it's too late". At that point I make a face, point out their error, and then march over to customer service, sometimes standing in line upwards of fifteen minutes for five or ten or fifteen cents.

You should also be able to get the bag discount at the Target cafe, although some workers at the cafe claim not to have a bag discount button.

I have never been able to get the bag discount when purchasing a gigantic plastic storage tote (though I feel I should have gotten it), nor when I've brought in my own plastic or paper bag. Since they're so stingy on giving the discount out at the stores I frequent in Buffalo and Southern California, I've learned that even if my bags are filled with stuff in the car, it's worth it to dump it all out, repack into storage totes that I bring with me, and then bring the bags back inside. 'Cuz five cents is five cents...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:56 PM

lmfike has posted more than 25 good deals
Food avenue and Starbucks may not have the discount. I know the regular register have it but it is a sticker with a bar code stuck somewhere near the register(be it by the holder for the hand scanner or on the register or on the partial wall by the register).
Old 04-20-2010, 08:07 PM

auggie357 has posted more than 200 great deals!auggie357 has posted more than 200 great deals!auggie357 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I've used canvas bags at Target over the past year and have never received the credit. I even make a point to tell the cashier before he/she starts ringing my items up. I'm glad to hear that the credit actually does exist, though.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Is just the people who works at the stores.
MANY OF THAT PEOPLE IS NEW and don't understand the policies and for avoid
problems they better don't give credit.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:01 AM

Relaxing....Getting geared up for Wednesday and...
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
ervetteck has posted more than 200 great deals!ervetteck has posted more than 200 great deals!ervetteck has posted more than 200 great deals!
OMG This Target re-usable bag issue has me so angry at them it is not even funny! First I have to say I am so glad it is not just mine.....everytime I ask for the bag credit I get the look like I have 2 heads!!!!! They say we don't do that, ummmm yeah you do, it is on the receipts and the ad! First time I went to CS and no joke, they laughed at me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was FURIOUS, and I called guest services. He told me it cannot be a plastic bag and HE THINKS it has to be a Target bag. I told him it doesn't say that anywhere, but that was his interpretation of things. Next time I went in I took the ad and SHOWED the cashier who again refused to give the bag credit, "we don't have a key for that". So, I spoke with a manager who again REFUSED to give it and didn't really care about her front desk clerks laughing and rolling their eyes at the customers!! I haven't been back except Sunday to get my FREE bag and surprise they actually had them and when I asked I didn't get the what the heck are you talking about look!!!
little girl (Ella 3/20), 5
and wife to a soldier!

Good thing I have AFC!

Becky
The Following User Says Thank You to ervetteck For This Useful Post: