Herbal Essence PG&E Scenario?

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:02 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Riteaid Herbal Essence PG&E Scenario?

would this work?

5 HE shampoo/conditioners - trial size @ .99 each = 4.95
5 HE stylers @ 3.00 each = $15.00
Electrosol tabs = 4.49

total is 24.75

coupons:
-5 for the 5 off 20 coupon
-15.00 Buy the shampoo get the styler free (today's paper)
-1.00 VV for the elecrosol
-1.00 MQ for the elecrosol
total coupons = 22.00

2.75 OOP

SCR :
1.50 elecrosol

after rebate = 1.25 and counts for 19.95 towards PGE (I think this would actually be more since it counts before sales price...(if they are 4.19 each times 5 then 20.95 + trail sizes 99 cents each 4.95, total towards pge is 25.90? that would be a 5.00 visa back.

Does that sound or look right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorthernCouponMom For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2010, 07:02 PM

RE: Herbal Essence PG&E Scenario?

is living in Kroger heaven!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well if you have a very clueless (or careless ) cashier, this may work- but I have a hard time seeing a cashier letting it fly. Although the coupon doesn't exclude trial sizes, I'm just warning you Also the sale price is what applies towards P&G, not the full price- its the price for which the item sells. So you would get $3 for the stylers.

HTH!
The Following User Says Thank You to carlajworkman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!NorthernCouponMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I did it before (last time there was a bogo free) for the Herbal essence...since it doesn't exclude trailo size it is valid....I was sure it was original cost for the PGE...will check though. thanks
Old 02-07-2010, 07:19 PM

is living in Kroger heaven!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carlajworkman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm glad that works for you! Lucky! But for the qualifying amounts, it will be the sale price of the product. If you use a BOGO coupon, the free one also counts towards your P&G. However if RA has a BOGO sale, the free one does not count towards P&G total.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
I just did this this morning. The clerk wasn't sure if it would be okay, so she asked her manager (a new one that I had never seen)...and she looked it over and said, yes take the 3.00 off...she bought the .99 shampoo. She said that they are being very careful with coupons due to so many fruads out there and that the checker was doing her job. I thanked her and told her I was "okay" with them being careful. I also was able to score some gillette deoderant on 50% off for 2.19 and then use the 1.00 off and get the free body was for free (5.19 value).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorthernCouponMom For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2010, 03:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Usually they say say you only get the cheaper one free on the coupon. So it a ymmv situation I think. But if the coupon doesn't say then - yippe
Old 02-09-2010, 06:56 AM

cturajan
Was gonna try to score that deal for the full sizes later today. This is going to save me a chunk of change and DW wont be upset that I am overstocking the pantry with stuff "that I buy for her"
Old 02-09-2010, 04:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Okay I see how it was done. It says free styling product when you buy a shampoo or conditioner (doesn't say no trials). That's awesome that they let you buy the trial and get the free item anyway. Sometimes the rite aid I go to is picky and they won't let you have the trials if the coupon beeps (meaning it wasn't for trials but didn't say - I had this problem with the Tide 1.00/1 coupons). Anyway, sounds to me like there were no problems so yippe - I will have to try this when I get the coupons. Super cheap stuff if you buy one size or the other. P&G is so nice giving these coupons away. I am kind of hoping for another bogo sale to use the coupons on. I think I'm going to save mine just in case Rite Aid does that again.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:56 PM

NiftyJ88 has posted more than 200 great deals!NiftyJ88 has posted more than 200 great deals!NiftyJ88 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogprincess View Post
Okay I see how it was done. It says free styling product when you buy a shampoo or conditioner (doesn't say no trials). That's awesome that they let you buy the trial and get the free item anyway. Sometimes the rite aid I go to is picky and they won't let you have the trials if the coupon beeps (meaning it wasn't for trials but didn't say - I had this problem with the Tide 1.00/1 coupons). Anyway, sounds to me like there were no problems so yippe - I will have to try this when I get the coupons. Super cheap stuff if you buy one size or the other. P&G is so nice giving these coupons away. I am kind of hoping for another bogo sale to use the coupons on. I think I'm going to save mine just in case Rite Aid does that again.
I am going to save my coupons as well and hope for another bogo sale. Last time, I only had 2 coupons left.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 AM

Addicted to couponing!

My Mood/Status:
BeeintheHive has posted more than 300 great deals!BeeintheHive has posted more than 300 great deals!BeeintheHive has posted more than 300 great deals!BeeintheHive has posted more than 300 great deals!
I had a horrible time trying to get my store to understand this concept. I pulled out all my explanations and everything and they still wouldn't listen. I told them that then they can't accept my gillete razor/get body wash free Q then because the body wash was 8.99 and the razor was 7.99---so the freebie was more there too! She said these were different types of coupons????? How?!?!?! Same concept, just buying the trial size which the coupon does not exclude!!! Crazy horrible experience. Ruined my plans to get my $35 Visa GC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
Arhh...so frustrating. Did you get a manager to come over and check it? I had 2 managers who helped me, I did it twice. And, both were okay with it...I showed them and they said "sure enough"....

Do you have another Rite Aid you can go to?

I did my .99 cent transaction first. I figured if they said NO then I wouldn't do it at all. I had my scenario all worked out and if I wasn't going to be a good enough deal, then I wouldn't waste my time....