Walgreens Vs. CVS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 01:31 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Cloth Diapering Guru & Mama to Four

My Mood/Status:
tracydixon has posted more than 200 great deals!tracydixon has posted more than 200 great deals!tracydixon has posted more than 200 great deals!
Walgreens vs. CVS

Does anyone have a sense for whether you can save more at Walgreens vs. CVS? I have a Walgreens within walking distance and a CVS another ten minutes away. I'd prefer not to do both, unless it's really worthwhile. At which store do you find more free/cheap items that you actually need and use? Is either one more generally coupon-friendly?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tracydixon For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 01:37 PM

RE: Walgreens vs. CVS

Loves AFC!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I prefer CVS I think they are very friendly and you save alot there also you can roll the extra bucks back and forth really you need to go in both stores and get a feel for the cashiers I personally think it all depends on the cashiers Walgreens has alot of great deals too but my area the cashiers are not coupon friendly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peace3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2010, 01:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
afton03 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!afton03 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!afton03 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!afton03 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!afton03 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!afton03 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I prefer CVS over Walgreens but this is a personal preference. The only way you can decide is by trying out both stores to see which one you prefer. They both have great deals and benefits. You can also check out their cashiers and managers to see which ones are friendly and which ones to avoid haha

Good luck and have fun!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to afton03 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2010, 01:53 PM

smashingpeggy has posted more than 50 good deals
As far as saving more, it used to be CVS, but now it's Walgreens without a doubt.

CVS has limits on how much you can buy and unless you have more than one extra care card there's no way to get around it. On the other hand, if you're willing to checkout multiple times at Walgreens you can get the same deals an unlimited number of times. That seems to work well for me because there are certain items that I want to get a year's supply of when they are free or super cheap. You just could not do that at CVS.

On the other hand, I find running the deals at CVS to be infinitely easier than trying to work out transactions at Walgreens, so if you have a limited amount of time or effort to spend on this, you might be better off just doing CVS.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to smashingpeggy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2010, 03:59 PM

jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!
I love CVS the people are great never a hassale. Don't have to worry about using an ecb that you won't get another if same manufacturer. Always a $5 off $20 posted lately.
Wags will go for the really good deals like the water now and meters but the wags nearest my house is always a hassle says you can't use a rr if you are getting one etc. very rude management.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jlstich For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2010, 04:10 PM

searching for bargains

My Mood/Status:
sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sdf has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think both stores run pretty good deals but CVS ecb's are alot easier to use than Wags rr's.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sdf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 AM

2014 YTD Savings: $7630.53
My Mood/Status:
pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!pinchthosepennies has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
In my experience, CVS has been a lot more coupon friendly. Come to think of it, I haven't had a single problem with using Q's at CVS. I can't say the same thing for Wags. The last few times I went there, it was such a drag that I don't care to go back.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinchthosepennies For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 03:42 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I,loe both cvs and wahs,
I spend more time in wags than i do cvs ,but it depends on the deals,
When is come to q friendly,all my wags and cvs cashiers are ok

Last edited by LACECOUPONS; 03-09-2010 at 05:02 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LACECOUPONS For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 05:08 AM

I love couponing!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
myhoagie02 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!myhoagie02 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!myhoagie02 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!myhoagie02 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!myhoagie02 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!myhoagie02 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!myhoagie02 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingpeggy View Post
As far as saving more, it used to be CVS, but now it's Walgreens without a doubt.

CVS has limits on how much you can buy and unless you have more than one extra care card there's no way to get around it. On the other hand, if you're willing to checkout multiple times at Walgreens you can get the same deals an unlimited number of times. That seems to work well for me because there are certain items that I want to get a year's supply of when they are free or super cheap. You just could not do that at CVS.

On the other hand, I find running the deals at CVS to be infinitely easier than trying to work out transactions at Walgreens, so if you have a limited amount of time or effort to spend on this, you might be better off just doing CVS.

I totally agree with you on this. So easy at CVS.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Mina
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to myhoagie02 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 05:30 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well, CVS used to be "better" than Wags as far as deals - but they've been not nearly as good as a year ago or so. CVS is Definitely easier and I can definitely get a smaller oop with rolling the ECB's. They have limits though so you can't get a lot of 1 thing like you can at Wags. I always have too high an oop at wags though. I don't like that you can't roll your RR's as it makes it way more complicated. I find my CVS to be more coupon friendly as well. I would say for someone starting out - pick one and get used to it first. Then you can venture out to the others. I started with CVS and it's a piece of cake for me now. I would ask their pharmacy if they accept competitors coupons because rite aid always has a $25 GC when you transfer a prescription and my CVS will take them. It's a great way to get started. you transfer or fill a new prescription and get the $25 GC. Use that to start your ECB savings and then roll roll roll!!! Ask your CVS if they take expired ECB's. Mine does so I'm never in a rush to use them. Also ask the CVS if they take competitors coupons (again mine does - and they'll also price match). You can ask the same questions to your Wags. I usually only do Wags when there is a killer deal I can't pass up - but that isn't too often!! Good luck!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:57 AM

crecian has posted more than 50 good deals
I think both stores have great deals...but like pp's have stated cvs is so much easier... you don't have to worry about coupon to item ratio, using (or not using) ecb's on the same manufacturer to get the ecb, ecb expiration dates (they ALL expire 1 month from issue date vs. walgreens 2 weeks for rr's or less as experienced recently with the friends and family rr's), ecb's not printing (they can be manually printed by cashier if something does go wrong)...those types of issues is what makes cvs easier for me...but you just can't pass up some of those walgreens deals sometimes.
oh, and ecb's can be used on more things than rr's, like dairy items...there are many restrictions on rr's.

Last edited by crecian; 01-10-2010 at 10:59 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crecian For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 12:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shopinmom3 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I will have to "ditto" everyone above pretty much. I shop both, but prefer CVS because of the coupon friendliness and easy use of ECB's. I only do WAGS now for really special deals, because it's just too much to keep up with the coupon counts, and RR mfr's etc... Yes, CVS has limits, but since I am only a minor stockpiler, the limits are fine with me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shopinmom3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 01:00 PM

:)
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefani1 View Post
Well, CVS used to be "better" than Wags as far as deals - but they've been not nearly as good as a year ago or so. CVS is Definitely easier and I can definitely get a smaller oop with rolling the ECB's. They have limits though so you can't get a lot of 1 thing like you can at Wags. I always have too high an oop at wags though. I don't like that you can't roll your RR's as it makes it way more complicated. I find my CVS to be more coupon friendly as well. I would say for someone starting out - pick one and get used to it first. Then you can venture out to the others. I started with CVS and it's a piece of cake for me now. I would ask their pharmacy if they accept competitors coupons because rite aid always has a $25 GC when you transfer a prescription and my CVS will take them. It's a great way to get started. you transfer or fill a new prescription and get the $25 GC. Use that to start your ECB savings and then roll roll roll!!! Ask your CVS if they take expired ECB's. Mine does so I'm never in a rush to use them. Also ask the CVS if they take competitors coupons (again mine does - and they'll also price match). You can ask the same questions to your Wags. I usually only do Wags when there is a killer deal I can't pass up - but that isn't too often!! Good luck!
Wow this is really helpful, thank you!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaime For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 05:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I would say Walgreens is a much better place to shop. They give you the ability to use more q's and the RR's are not based on a card. The CVS card limits you to only 1 offer where at Walgreens you can get multipal offers on the same item. Ihave a CVS 15 miles away and a Walgreens 25 miles away. I go to Walgreens before CVS. The RR's are well worth the extra drive for me. I get a lot more stuff free from Walgreens than I would from CVS. I have saved $256.11 at Walgreens already this year and spent $55.37 including tax.

:Mom to:
:12 YO Daughter

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lana1967 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 05:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Lana1967 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
The Wags I shop take all of my q's. Granted, you definately have to have the same number of items as q's but, the deals they have is well worth the extra time. I got paid last week to buy the Reach toothbrushes and they even had BOGO packs of toothbrushes to boot. I got 16 toothbrushes and they paid me $6.84 b4 the tax. How can you beat that?

:Mom to:
:12 YO Daughter

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lana1967 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Another thing with CVS is that you don't need fillers when you have more coupons than items.... I LOVE THAT!!!! I know the ECB's used to take off tax as well so I had $0.00 oop's A LOT if planned right (and many times I planned as I shopped and NOT before). Just another thought of why i like CVS more.

Now - if your the type of person who wants 50 of something - then Wags is probably the place for you. While I'll do 10 or 20 of something that my family will use....1 -5 is usually fine for us.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:49 PM

jak2968 has posted more than 150 good deals!jak2968 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Both have good deals, just depends on the week and what coupons you have. Wags has alot of rules to go by, i.e. number of coupons used vs number of items bought, not using RR on same item in another purchase and so on. At CVS, you can use your ECB's on your next purchase and no coupon limit, but it all goes on a card that you must have.
Me personally, my Wags cashiers are much more friendly and I prefer to deal with them. At CVS, they've gotten snippy with me a couple of times and once said the ECB didn't belong with my card and I only have 1 card. I am lucky and have both within a mile of my house and both on my way home from work, closer to work, so I can go to two different ones of each at any time.
The suggestion of trying both out for a time to get a feel for sounds like a great suggestion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jak2968 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 PM

Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I love my CVS, I have longer to roll my ecb's and don't feel presured to buy something just to use them up. I'm a small time stockpiler and find that I have no problem with the limits. I get enough to do for DH and myself and to give to my 2 adult children and their family and also to donate. Cashiers are great, no coupon issues and I can get a raincheck to use should they be out of a product. The raincheck will also get me the ecb's.
At Wags I have had problems using coupons, they won't adjust a coupon down, so even if I find a great clearance item I can't use my coupon if it's even 1 cent over the price of the product. My Wags must have a few shelf clearers because they are always out of the advertised product even an hour or 2 after the store opens, then I have to go back midweek when the truck comes in and hope they got a few more (sometimes they don't or only get a few) getting a raincheck is useless because it won't produce the RR's and I just refuse to drive all over town wasting gas in the hopes of finding it in stock at another Wags. They are pretty spread out in our city.
I have gotten a few great deals and will continue to go there when it's something really worth the hassle but CVS is much easier for me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 02:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I seem to do much better at CVS although the limits have been lowered and the ECB deals have decreased. Most times, I tend to spend more OOP at Wag's and then there are times that my deals work just like planned.
Only downfall to Wag's for me is:
1. Have to count how many Q's your using (including RR's)
2. Making sure that you do not use the same RR from the same MFR in order to get your RR to print

All in all, there are good weeks and bad at Wag's & CVS. I just try to to the best deals

Couponing is the best Hobby to Have
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetsali For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 02:09 PM

wants you to come bid on my auction!

My Mood/Status:
bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have preferred Wags for about 6 months now if not longer. Just have a better chance of getting the deals. My CVS's are never stocked up on the things I want. When CVS has a money off money coupon though it is great!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bargainshopper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 08:37 PM

trudibeth77 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!trudibeth77 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!trudibeth77 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!trudibeth77 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!trudibeth77 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!trudibeth77 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!trudibeth77 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!trudibeth77 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I spend more time at Wags because I've found better "freebies" and "money makers" there lately. Like the others have said, there's no quantity limit there, if you are willing to do multiple transactions. I have made friends with the cashiers, too, so it's always a pleasant trip. I am equi-distant from both my Wags and CVS (3 minutes each way), so it's easy to get to either of them.

BUT-- if the deals were equal- I'd prefer CVS due to less hassle. As others have mentioned, you don't have to spend a ton of time counting items/ coupons, finding fillers, making sure you aren't rolling the wrong ECB's into new ones, etc. And you have 1 month to use your ECB's vs 2 weeks for the RR's at Walgreens. Walgreens takes more time, for sure. But the low limits at CVS are "limiting" if you are trying to stockpile (I only buy 3-4 of each item, but when the limit is 1, you can't even do that). On certain things, like Prilosec, Gillette Fusion Razor, etc-- I almost always find better deals/ prices at Wags.

So it's a toss up for me- I love both. Each has their pros and cons. I am lucky to have friendly cashiers at both locally. HOWEVER-- I have multiples of each store nearby - and CVS consistently has friendlier cashiers. I have found some rude ones at the other Walgreens in town.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trudibeth77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 10:56 AM

very busy!
Supporting Member

pinkchoctaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pinkchoctaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pinkchoctaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pinkchoctaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pinkchoctaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pinkchoctaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pinkchoctaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pinkchoctaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pinkchoctaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pinkchoctaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingpeggy View Post

Agree completely. The only other thing I like better about CVS is that the ECBs don't expire as fast as RR. CVS is probably easier, because you don't need to worry about fillers and using ECB on the same item. But, like mentioned above, you can do "unlimited" deals at Wags. Depends on how much time you have and how friendly and stocked your Wags is.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkchoctaw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 03:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I used to like Walgreens when they had the rebates
I'm liking CVS better ATM though. they've been having more things on sale that my family and I use/need. The $/$$ coupons also help. I like they keep track of your purchases on the card, this way you could do separate transactions or if they are out, go back later or go to a different CVS and get what you need to meet the deal. From what I've seen the limits can be from 1-6, I do use 2 cards and that's been enough for me.

ex;A few weeks ago Walgreens had if you spent $30 on P&G/Olay products you'd get a coupon for a free tide. it would of been helpful if I could of done it in 2 transactions so I could receive 2 receipts to send in for the Olay rebates to make it a sweeter deal.. If it was CVS I could have done this because they keep track of it on my card.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hailove For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2010, 01:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I prefer Wags b/c i can buy unlimited. I also have more Wags in my area to shop at. I use to shop at CVS, but they started to absolutely slack on there deals and usually I see Wags with a similar deal and go with them. My vote is Wags
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to courtneydmartin21 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2010, 03:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
carisal has posted more than 300 great deals!carisal has posted more than 300 great deals!carisal has posted more than 300 great deals!carisal has posted more than 300 great deals!
they both have great deals(not all the time). I used to do more shopping at CVS, when I first started last year... but lately I've been doing a lot of shopping at Walgreens and have hardly set foot in CVS, it really just depends on what is on sale... also Walgreens is really close to where I live, CVS is a few miles out of the way (not very far but it's past where I would normally be headed unless I am motivated... so it has to be a pretty good sale on something I need, or a moneymaker, or I have ecb expiring for me to go.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carisal For This Useful Post:

Tags
comparison, cvs, drug stores, walgreens