Do Rite Aid Employees Even Know Their Own Coupon Policy?

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Do Rite Aid employees even know their own coupon policy?

I went to Rite Aid today, completely prepared with my coupon policy. Good thing. This time I dealt with the shift supervisor who has worked there for years and she did know the policy. She was telling me I could not use the Nivea and Stayfree b1g1 free coupons. I told her that yes in fact I can and I have the coupon policy to prove it. This is the second time this week I have had to use the policy. Does Rite Aid not train their employees in using coupons? Is it that hard to keep a copy of the policy by the registers and have the employees read the policy? It is only one page. I find this so frustrating.
The Following User Says Thank You to ericlovesarah For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2010, 11:33 PM

RE: Do Rite Aid employees even know their own coupon policy?

My Mood/Status:
godiva99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!godiva99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!godiva99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!godiva99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!godiva99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!godiva99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!godiva99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
HOw many did they allow you to take?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 AM

cheerful

My Mood/Status:
lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I used two coupons at two different rite aids one day and then 4 today. I wasn't sure how many I could carry home on public transportation. LOL I had to show the coupon policy twice. I am taking responsibity for educating all the stores in the Pittsburgh PA vicinity.

so.. lets see.. that's a total of 16 Stayfree in two days. I still have a bunch more coupons but don't think I'll make it to Riteaid the rest of the week. Hope they have another sale before they expire.

Donna from Pittsburgh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lutherandj For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 04:19 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
roadrunner_12348166 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!roadrunner_12348166 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!roadrunner_12348166 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!roadrunner_12348166 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!roadrunner_12348166 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!roadrunner_12348166 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!roadrunner_12348166 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!roadrunner_12348166 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!roadrunner_12348166 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!roadrunner_12348166 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutherandj View Post
I used two coupons at two different rite aids one day and then 4 today. I wasn't sure how many I could carry home on public transportation. LOL I had to show the coupon policy twice. I am taking responsibity for educating all the stores in the Pittsburgh PA vicinity.

so.. lets see.. that's a total of 16 Stayfree in two days. I still have a bunch more coupons but don't think I'll make it to Riteaid the rest of the week. Hope they have another sale before they expire.

Donna from Pittsburgh
the rite aids around me didnt know it but after talking to the dm and 800riteaid they all know it now!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:00 AM

malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!malaysia has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I bought 2 stayfree and some other stuffs. The cashier won't let me use the B1G1 coupon. He said that I would have to buy 3 to use the Q. I told him that's not the store policy and I was going to pull out a copy of the policy. He said he knows the policy and pull out his copy. It clearly states that I can use the Q. He wasn't happy and called the shift supervisor who told him to punch in the amount.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malaysia For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 05:26 AM

kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I think they DO know the policy but SOME of the cashiers don't want to be bothered.
There's one cashier at the RA closest to me who's real snotty (I did talk to her supervisor about her attitude) and she told me I couldn't use two coupons for BOGO items. I said the RA coupon says otherwise, I showed her and she still said but it's a free item, I said you need to call your supervisor AND your district manager and get clarification then. She ended up taking my coupon but she was real angry about it. That's when I went home and called her supervisor. It's not like the item is a loss to the store - they get money for the coupon from the mfg.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kathykat49 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 05:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
There is only one person at the rite aid near me who knows what is going on she is a really nice young girl still in school. As for the managers and asst managers yeah right, I always have to have my policy in hand, I'm surprised I haven't had to tell them how much they make an hour
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and greatest daughter Carmen Lucy (2yrs)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!! And the best miracles Jordan
and Jaxon
(1 yr old twins)
The Following User Says Thank You to kstover0426 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 08:02 AM

tammycoupon has posted more than 100 good deals!tammycoupon has posted more than 100 good deals!
I had my first experience yesterday. I had to ring my purchases up at the pharmacy and the girl told me I couldn't use to BOGO on the Nivea, I didn't have a copy of the policy on me, but I simply stated that it is their policy and she asked her manager and her manager looked at her like "yeah that is the policy". I just had to smile. She also told me I couldn't use my $1 off seasonal, since the wrapping paper was coming up at $1. I simply said well I have used it other places and it worked, her manager again said just scan it and see if it beeps. She was not very happy with me to say the least, but I didn't do anything wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to tammycoupon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 08:14 AM

manaROCHELLE has posted more than 10 good deals
They do the same things to me and I WORK THERE! They were upset about me using my stayfree coupons and I was told by one girl "I just wouldn't wanna see you get fired"... I was so upset. I wasn't doing anything fraudlent, and like you pointed out, Rite Aid is not losing out! They get reimbursed! It was just like a knock at my integrity.. Like she was trying to accuse me of doing something I shouldn't have. It made me feel guilty for couponing! HAHA!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manaROCHELLE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 08:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
j&j's mom has posted more than 200 great deals!j&j's mom has posted more than 200 great deals!j&j's mom has posted more than 200 great deals!
WOW
Old 01-07-2010, 11:38 AM

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am amazed at this. The funny thing is I had four of the Stayfree and four of the Nivea and that is because we have a big snow and ice storm hitting tonight and I know I probably will not go out again. I even told the lady that I dealt with that the coupon policy is very clear and explained. She was not happy about that. And there is only one RA in my town and she has worked there for years and she does not know the policy? Why not? I find it stupid that these people either do not know it or act like they do not know it. I am learning that at RA you have to have your coupon policy if you expect to use your coupons.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:25 PM

camom2007 has posted more than 100 good deals!camom2007 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I had to tell the guy at the register that I could use my BOGO Nivea coupon. He tried to tell me it's already free at which point I told him I can still use my coupon no matter what sale is going on. I paid the $0.39 tax and got my 2 Nivea lip gloss. Gave one to the friend who gave me all her coupon inserts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camom2007 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 05:31 PM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The lady ringing me up had a problem with the coupons today too. She said "You would be getting both for free"... I just looked at her and said "yes". So she called the manager over he read the coupon, scanned it, and entered the price. The cashier was like "ok, so she can get those for free?". He's like "no, she has to pay tax" and left.

I also got a raincheck for the stayfree becasue they didn't have the type I wanted.
(2)
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexdur85 For This Useful Post: