Lost My Keys.. And My Extra Care Card!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 07:33 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

lindseybee06 has posted more than 50 good deals
Lost my keys.. and my extra care card!

I'm pretty sure they're around somewhere but I haven't stubbled upon them in nearly a month. Today when my mom got a $5/15 from the scanner, I knew I needed to get a new card. Is it possible to a new card without losing my ecbs?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:44 PM

RE: Lost my keys.. and my extra care card!

is lost somewhere in her stockpile.....
CVS-aholic

mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Was your old card registered? Did you have it set up w/ an online account at CVS.com? If your old card was registered to your correct address, you can call 1-800-shop-cvs and they can mail you a new card attached to your old account (so that your ecbs will work with the new card). If you had the cvs.com account set up with your card information, you can actually log into your account and request a replacement card online. If you did not have your card registered in any way, I don't think there's any way for CVS customer service to make your old ecbs work with a new card. If you have a particularly nice/understanding store and explain that you lost your card, they MIGHT be nice enough to force your old ecbs to work with a new card. But you'll have to have a VERY nice store to do that b/c it's not policy for them to do something like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsfloyd For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 PM

Thanks a ton! I do have it registered. I will get online and request it asap! I do have nice stores but you never know if you'll catch them on a day when they know how. Thanks again!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:57 PM

Holding to the ground as the ground keeps shifting

My Mood/Status:
TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
CVS customer service has told me that if someone finds your keys and actually turns them in to a CVS store and the card is registered they will contact you to get them back. I was pretty impressed with that.

If you call Extra Bucks Customer Care (1-800-SHOP-CVS) during business hours and speak to an Extra Care rep they can merge your old number onto a new card. They told me it would be easier if I picked up a new card at the store -- but don't do anything with it until you call. They will ask you for that cards numbers and transfer your information on to it . . . That being said they also told me to use up any Extra Care Bucks/coupons I had associated with the card before I merged them (my old card was so worn it was peeling and would not scan at the coupon scanner) as they could not transfer those over.

As mentioned the store may have someone who will force the new Extra Care Bucks onto your new card but there are no gaurentees. I have one store that is very small and out of the way. The manager laughs that I know his clearence schedule better than he does. He loved it when I was there and found a ton of the perfumes and other assorted items after Christmas/Valentines last year. He knows I buy stuff at 90% off and pack it away for my husband who is a special education teacher. He has severely challenged children in his class. They set up a store with the items, sell them at bargain prices (for those folks -- not for me or us) and all I ask for back is the actual cost of the items. The profit goes to buying supplies for the kids and I get the thrill of the deal. I do keep some items back for gifts for his paraprofessionals (5 this year plus the school nurse who is very good to his students -- these are children with major medical issues as well as developmental delays). Plus my son goes to Pre-K and I like to have last minute gifts on hand for my clients to say thank you but over 80% of the stuff I find goes to the school.

Long story short is I think that if I were in a real bind the manager would help me. He once took an expired Extra Care Buck from me -- I asked first. It was the day after expiration and while no other stores by me would do it he does everything to keep customers happy.

Good luck and I hope you find your keys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TSUalum93 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2009, 09:51 PM

Thanks! I have NO DOUBT that they're not really lost. They're just hiding. Very well. . I don't do things like lose keys. I lock myself out of my car, lock me and my LO out of the house with no carseat.... But I don't lose my keys.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
IF you registered with upromise, pick up the account number. Then make a new barcode here Just One Club Card - Combine All Of Your Club Cards and tape that onto a cvs card.

works LIKE A CHARM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sneakers1234 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 11:05 PM

I got my new card in the mail today! Thanks for your help!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:42 AM

wleub has posted more than 10 good deals
I just recently lost my Extra Care Card. Went yesterday to local CVS store and manager gave me a new card but said to call the Extra Care line so they will transfer everything over. Just called and the rep asked me for my phone #. She verified all of my info (name, mailing address, email) and then said to throw away the card that manager gave me yesterday. They will be sending me an exact duplicate card with my old number. During the meantime she said that if I need to make a purchase to just give the cashier my phone number and that it will work fine and I can use the ECBs that I currently have. Downside is that I will not have a card right now to scan at the scanners for CRTs but at least I can use my ECBs I currently have.