Using 2 Video Value coupons= Fraud?

Here is an example :
(4) Pkgs of Quilted Northern - $5.99 each
= $23.96
- $5/20 RA Q
- (2) $5/2 RA VV Quilted Northern
-(4) $1 Quilted northern Manufacturer Coupon
=$4.96
My question is using (2) of the Rite Aid Northern Coupons ($5/2) is this considered fraud?? I did this deal with no problems but I just read that another poster thinks this is fraud. If so, can you explain why? I am new to couponing and I do not want to comit fraud. THANKS!
The Following User Says Thank You to Laureng22k For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:14 PM

RE: Using 2 Video Value coupons= Fraud?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
cindyk1982 has posted more than 200 great deals!cindyk1982 has posted more than 200 great deals!cindyk1982 has posted more than 200 great deals!
YES< using TWO of the SAME VV coupons is fraud. The reason this is fraud is because it plainly states that you can ONLY print ONE of each coupon. If you set your printer to print two, it is fraud as you are only suppose to only print one. I also can back this up with an email from corporation. I was wondering what the big deal was and they sent an email to me explaining this.
The Following User Says Thank You to cindyk1982 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 02:15 PM

Laureng22k has posted more than 50 good deals
So can you just sign everyone up in your house to watch videos and get coupons and then use 2?
The Following User Says Thank You to Laureng22k For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 02:26 PM

shaamom has posted more than 300 great deals!shaamom has posted more than 300 great deals!shaamom has posted more than 300 great deals!shaamom has posted more than 300 great deals!
My thought is if the store doesn't mind if I use 2, then I don't either!!
The Following User Says Thank You to shaamom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 02:49 PM

is having the time of her life!

coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I asked the store manager at my RA, and was assured that the register would not take it if you could only use one. She scanned one of mine twice, to prove it. She said it would
be fine to do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coco2 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 02:53 PM

Laureng22k has posted more than 50 good deals
The store manager rung me up, and she didn't say a thing about my coupons, and trust me she read every coupon start to finish. But if this is truly considered fraud I will stop. I was just curious if rite aid adresses this in their coupon policy. THANKS!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
tonyyankees1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tonyyankees1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tonyyankees1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tonyyankees1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tonyyankees1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tonyyankees1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
If the registers are not supposed to take more than one of the same then why do they work. My store I go to has no problem with them and even has a note by the register to not accept more than 4 of the $5 off 20 coupons per day. The video value program will let you print only 1 time, you need to estimate how many of each coupon you will need before you print.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tonyyankees1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 04:06 PM

Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureng22k View Post
So can you just sign everyone up in your house to watch videos and get coupons and then use 2?
This was my thought also. As long as there are separate email addresses you are ok correct?
Old 11-16-2009, 06:26 PM

loves AFC!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!hismom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The manager at my Rite Aid said that it is ok to use more than one of the same Rite Aid coupon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ashley
The Following User Says Thank You to hismom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2009, 05:22 AM

kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
If it's fraud to use more than one RA coupon, then they need to adjust their cash registers so that a second coupon won't work. PERIOD. I've used more than one coupon and no one's ever said a word and that's been at FOUR different stores. No one's ever even questioned or commented about it. If they're worried about fraud, then do something about it. It's THAT simple. CVS has a system where if you try and use a coupon more than once with your CVS card, it'll reject it (their extra care bucks).
The Following User Says Thank You to kathykat49 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2009, 05:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
cindyk1982 has posted more than 200 great deals!cindyk1982 has posted more than 200 great deals!cindyk1982 has posted more than 200 great deals!
delete
Old 11-17-2009, 06:34 AM

?
SHOPPING GODDESS & SMART WITH THE $$$

My Mood/Status:
Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would only use 1 VV Coupon as it clearly states to print 1 per person. I have 2 computers at home and I have a VV account and so does DH so I get 2 that way. I only print 1 as stated but when I shop I should be able to use the 2 from 2 different accounts.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I really don't see the difference between signing up and doing the offer more than once with different email accounts (which is ligit and not fraudulent) and getting more than one coupon to use and printing off more than one video values coupon. Its the same thing pretty much.

I just think Rite Aid corporate is just trying to limit the amount of these used per transaction by telling us its fraud when it isn't.

Though - let me point out the whole "fraud" to use certain rite aid video value coupons in multitude is a gray area. I know there were multiple Huggies (Pull ups) coupons - 3 to be exact and they all had the same barcode but they were for 3 different videos. Even though it says "limit one per customer" on the bottom of the coupon - I was able to use 2 per transaction because they were technically different coupon offers even though they looked the same. Though I can understand how the ones that are supposed to be limited to one print and one per customer could be considered fraud.

But - I agree with nmatson, they should set it up like coupons.com if they truly only want one print per computer. Obviously, they didn't so they must have wanted us to be able to have others sign up and do the offer on our computers so we could get coupons.

Last edited by frogprincess; 11-17-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Then they should set it up so you can ONLY print one, like coupons.com, where you can only print 2 per computer.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
pharmjenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pharmjenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pharmjenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pharmjenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pharmjenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pharmjenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pharmjenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
What about multiple videos?

I was wondering about using multiple coupons, and questioned corporate. Some manufacturers have multiple videos for the same item, so you end up with multiple copies of the coupon. Huggies last month was an example. I was told I can use multiple coupons. I of course can't now find the email for the exact wording of the response.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
learningyoung has posted more than 200 great deals!learningyoung has posted more than 200 great deals!learningyoung has posted more than 200 great deals!
Does anyone know, are the codes at the bottom different for different people or in the case of the woman who has an account as well as her husband?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
learningyoung has posted more than 200 great deals!learningyoung has posted more than 200 great deals!learningyoung has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qponsue62 View Post
I would only use 1 VV Coupon as it clearly states to print 1 per person. I have 2 computers at home and I have a VV account and so does DH so I get 2 that way. I only print 1 as stated but when I shop I should be able to use the 2 from 2 different accounts.
This is the one I was referring to. Are your coupon scan codes different or just the name that prints?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningyoung View Post
This is the one I was referring to. Are your coupon scan codes different or just the name that prints?
No, they are all the same barcode. I used two different email addresses to sign up and do the offer ligitimately and they're all the same except for the name on the coupon. Please note that I did this to check - not to circumvent the whole limit one thing.

Last edited by frogprincess; 11-17-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:33 PM

go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I dont see/know how it is fraud b/c I along with other family members sign up and print the q's and share the ones that we are not going to use or share the items. With the economy in the shape it is and so many are unemployed only makes good sense to us to be able to make the best out of our buck.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:14 PM

konmai has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by go girl View Post
With the economy in the shape it is and so many are unemployed only makes good sense to us to be able to make the best out of our buck.
I agree. I have not shopped RA in at least a year now until I found out about these VV coupons.
The Following User Says Thank You to konmai For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2009, 04:06 PM

tanyalm

My Mood/Status:
tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
When I printed my q's they had my name on it Do you think they are doing this because of that
Old 11-22-2009, 12:01 PM

kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Riteaid

Does anyone really believe that RA has someone sitting there going through ALL the RA coupons to see if someone used one more than once? If they want to seriously limit the number of coupons someone uses, implement a system like CVS has. Force people to get a card and when the extra care bucks come out, tie them into that card. That would put an end to all the "fraud" issues. Personally I think they should be THRILLED that people are doing more shopping there given that RA was seriously laggnig behind CVS and Walgreen's.
The Following User Says Thank You to kathykat49 For This Useful Post: