No More Catalinas At Cub?!?!?!?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 07:07 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
read No more catalinas at Cub?!?!?!?!?

I just came home from Cub in White Bear. I had gone in yesterday and gotten items that should have produced cats. None of the catalina machines were working, not even getting the Midas one. Anyway, I was told to bring my receipt back today and they would force them since I had purchased items that had the white cat tags in from of that item so there was proof of the offer. Well, I get there and ALL of those white tags are gone... from every item in the store. I was told that they took them down because CUB IS NO LONGER DOING CATALIAS! This came from the manager. I asked if it was just this store or all the stores. He didn't know and he said he hadn't seen anything in writing yet. Has any one else run into this??? I'm hoping this is not the case as I will no longer shop there if those deals are gone because it's too expensive.

UPDATE:

Okay, this really bugged me. I kinda felt like the store just didn't want to deal with the cats and getting the machines back online so they took down the signs. So, I called another store . I spoke with the manager and she was very surprised that this had happened. Said her cats are printing just fine. Told me to call corp on Monday and let them know. I guess i'll do that and see what they have to say.

UPDATE #2:

Spoke with Rick (manager) this am and seems that they are offline. Cats will continue, hopefully on Monday as they can't get repaired this weekend. Not sure where the "Cub is no longer doing catalina's" (exact words) came from. Good to know.

Last edited by rtgunderson; 11-15-2009 at 08:51 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rtgunderson For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-14-2009, 08:26 PM

RE: No more catalinas at Cub?!?!?!?!?

My Mood/Status:
LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!
I was at Cub in Apple Valley last night and the catalinas printed. I'd be very surprised if they discontinued them. Seems like another reason I'd go to Rainbow!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LRoghair For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 08:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
mnnewbie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mnnewbie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mnnewbie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mnnewbie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mnnewbie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mnnewbie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mnnewbie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mnnewbie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mnnewbie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mnnewbie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i was at a burnsville cub this morning and got a midas cat. also cashier handed my a cub gas coupon that everybody is talking about.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mnnewbie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 06:02 AM

cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cpnprincess has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Cub is being very STUPID right now in regards to the Catalina offers and I am not stepping foot in any of there stores till they wise up

Rainbow is offering better deals than I have ever seen them do before and Cub just doesn't seam to care
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cpnprincess For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 06:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I got cats at Crystal Cub last night. They are driving me nuts though! Did you see the article in the ST about limiting choices at Cub because there are too many and it is too confusing to their customers! If they get rid of my favorites I am out the door!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mom2Belle&Steven For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 08:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2Belle&Steven View Post
I got cats at Crystal Cub last night. They are driving me nuts though! Did you see the article in the ST about limiting choices at Cub because there are too many and it is too confusing to their customers! If they get rid of my favorites I am out the door!
Ummm... yeah. I had to read the statement about not being able to pick between brand a and brand b if i have a couple kids with me and a baby in the cart a couple times though. I can pick just fine, thanks. Got math skills too. Cub + crazy ideas = me shopping somewhere else.

Last edited by rtgunderson; 11-15-2009 at 03:39 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rtgunderson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 11:51 AM

puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnprincess View Post
Rainbow is offering better deals than I have ever seen them do before and Cub just doesn't seam to care
A couple weeks ago my dh complained to a Cub manager about our cashier, and at one point dh asked if they would rather we take our business to Rainbow. The manager said no, they need every dollar that comes in. Seems like corporate management doesn't share that desire! seems that the grocery scene in minnesota is about to become LESS competitive rather than more.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to puddin head For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 01:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
KGBMommy has posted more than 50 good deals
The article in the ST was bordering on offensive... 1st of all, the CEO highly underestimates smart shoppers (i.e. the comment about 2 kids and a baby in the cart) and 2ndly, the fact that he was upset at a sign with 3/$5 because many people couldn't figure out how much that really was per item. Sheesh. Frustrating for me, b/c where I live there isn't much for grocery options BUT a Cub.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KGBMommy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 02:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!vzimm has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I read it too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgunderson View Post
Ummm... yeah. I had to read the statement about not being able to pick between brand a and brand b if i have a couple kids with me and a baby in the cart a couple times though. I can chose just fine, thanks. Got math skills too. Cub + crazy ideas = me shopping somewhere else.
Sorry little lady...you just ain't smart enuf...felt like that to me too...didn't this guy run Walmart I thought I read & then they are going to promote their other store--Save a lot? Sounded like maybe he wants to give Walmart a run ...? I am not familiar with Save a Lot at all...

Couponing is a winning skill and without the offers the prices are NEVER low enough in my mind...the offers --cats etc. is what makes this pay and I agree...Rainbow will be better!

Mom to Eight kids all better than me and Grandma to Three little ANGEL Girls!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vzimm For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM

ISO Expired RR or other $ off catalinas
Minnesota Get Together was the BEST!

My Mood/Status:
Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2Belle&Steven View Post
What page of the paper?

We have already discussed about many of the cats stopping HERE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kmchamplin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 05:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
Sorry, Karen. Must have missed that thread (maybe it was denial). The front page of the business section had the article. Love to know how you take it!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rtgunderson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 07:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Sorry, Karen. Must have missed that thread (maybe it was denial). The front page of the business section had the article. Love to know how you take it!
LOL no biggie. Thanks for telling us about the article. Will read about it tonight..working on match-ups now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kmchamplin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 08:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Ummm... yeah. I had to read the statement about not being able to pick between brand a and brand b if i have a couple kids with me and a baby in the cart a couple times though. I can pick just fine, thanks. Got math skills too. Cub + crazy ideas = me shopping somewhere else.
I like that the deals make you think - they say as you get older you should keep your mind sharp with problem solving and do puzzles - I feel that when I put the coupons together in different scenarios to save the most I am telling Dementia to take a hike. I am Forty (something) you know!!!

I say to Cub "Bring it on." They just don't know what we are capable of! Maybe it is because we match up their deals with coupons that they didn't even know about and we are confusing them! Just saying...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FortyNFun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 08:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
I just read the article and I will be writing to Customer service tomorrow about the article. UGH. How hard can it be to know that 5 divide by 3 is about $1.66. Seriously! Why take away the Buy $$ get $$ back program. Oh wait...that is right...we can't add up to a certain amount if we have kids with us. Grrrr.

Why not talk to some of us couponers? We are a HUGE part of shoppers at Cub and we would love to have our voices heard.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kmchamplin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 07:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2Belle&Steven has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmchamplin View Post
What page of the paper?

We have already discussed about many of the cats stopping HERE.
I know we have talked about some of the cats stopping but not all of them! Why would the machines be removed? That is just crazy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mom2Belle&Steven For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 08:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
BarbaraAnnis#1 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBMommy View Post
The article in the ST was bordering on offensive... 1st of all, the CEO highly underestimates smart shoppers (i.e. the comment about 2 kids and a baby in the cart) and 2ndly, the fact that he was upset at a sign with 3/$5 because many people couldn't figure out how much that really was per item. Sheesh. Frustrating for me, b/c where I live there isn't much for grocery options BUT a Cub.
I agree! After reading that article I felt kind of insulted! I think this CEO is out of touch with the real world!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BarbaraAnnis#1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 08:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
BarbaraAnnis#1 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Oh and did you see in the Cub flier. The Lipton tea is 2 for $10.00. in a little yellow highlight box they explain that to us ..... THAT'S JUST $5.00 EACH! Wow! so glad they broke that down for me cuz I just don't have all day to figure that out!!! Ha ha ha
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BarbaraAnnis#1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 09:06 AM

Was that a bird or a mosquito?
Cub Foods & Coborn's Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraAnnis#1 View Post
Oh and did you see in the Cub flier. The Lipton tea is 2 for $10.00. in a little yellow highlight box they explain that to us ..... THAT'S JUST $5.00 EACH! Wow! so glad they broke that down for me cuz I just don't have all day to figure that out!!! Ha ha ha
And for a minute there I thought I was going to have to whip out my calculator on that! I know, I read it too - I probably should have done it before I read the other comments because I went into the article already knowing I wasn't going to like what it said. Sigh...I guess all those math classes we took in high school (and/or college) are really worthless to us now.
Forums

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DebB831 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 01:34 PM

likes sweater weather
Grounded for Life

scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Why not talk to some of us couponers? We are a HUGE part of shoppers at Cub and we would love to have our voices heard.
I don't think that's true at all. So few people REALLY know how to coupon shop and even though I know how to plan for and get a bargain on the deals like buy XX and get XX OYNO you have to admit they CAN be crazy confusing. At my Cub there may be 3 or 4 different sizes of the SAME brand of cereal and only ONE of them is going to work on the catalina deal and it may or may NOT be the same size as listed on the coupon. I have my theory about that -- that they get a special size in JUST for those catalina deals (usually SMALLER than the smaller box that's normally there.)

For the things that don't go on sale at Cub/Target, I shop at Aldi where there is just ONE kind of each thing they have there. Makes it sooooooo simple. Do I seriously need the choice of 5 different brands of Mandarin oranges? I shop for a family of 8 and am in and out of there so much faster than Cub because of that. I think that guy is on to something. I just want to get my deals and get out of there without having to SEARCH so much for what's in the ad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrapquick For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 04:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraAnnis#1 View Post
OMG I didn't see that. Oh wait...I think I remember somewhere back in kindergarten that we were taught that 5 + 5 = 10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kmchamplin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 05:05 PM

Back and ready to save money!
Supporting Member

rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I hope this isn't true. I think instead of doing away with cats, they need to come up with a better system to deal with cats that don't print. Maybe have spare ones, or automatically do GC, something so it is company wide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rach For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 05:39 PM

likes sweater weather
Grounded for Life

scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrapquick has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
yeah maybe it's elementary that 2/$10 is $5 each but I know I've also seen newbies ask if you have to buy 2 to get that price so maybe the ad isn't as crystal clear as it should be
Old 11-16-2009, 06:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!050303033005 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm a math teacher and seeing the new ads with things like "That's just $5.00 each!" is absolutely ridiculous to me. Does Cub really think their shoppers are that dumb?

I've taught my students to look at the unit rate printed on the shelf price (how much something is per ounce) vs total cost if their families are trying to cut corners. For example, if string cheese isn't on sale, buying 10 single string cheese for 35 each is cheaper than buying a pack of 10 for $3.99.

Hmmm.....what if Cub did away with Catalina's but doubled coupons everyday of the week?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 050303033005 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 06:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Hmmm.....what if Cub did away with Catalina's but doubled coupons everyday of the week?
Stop teasing! You'll get my hopes up!
The Following User Says Thank You to rtgunderson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 07:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
ADSafc has posted more than 400 great deals!ADSafc has posted more than 400 great deals!ADSafc has posted more than 400 great deals!ADSafc has posted more than 400 great deals!ADSafc has posted more than 400 great deals!
I have a little update on this issue that I'd like to share.

I didn't see anyone mention this, but I bought the three Kellogg's cereals for $2.49 this week and I was supposed to receive a "$4 off your next gallon of milk purchase" catalina. Well it never spit out... BUT... I did get a Cub Foods Coupon "compliments of Kellogg's" for $4 off my next grocery purchase.

This is a Cub coupon that came out with my reciept, that looks like a receipt.

Maybe they will start to substitute Cub coupons instead of catalinas???