EXPIRED Dates On Carnation Evaporated Milk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

bestcustomerever has posted more than 10 good deals
Angry EXPIRED dates on Carnation Evaporated Milk

Be sure to check the expiration dates on the bottoms of the Carnation Evaporated Milk cans.

This is the SECOND time this has happened to me!!! I checked the expiration dates on the bottoms of the cans as I was putting thme in my cart. Some of the cans had expired in 6-09-09!!! So I put those cans back on the shelves and I immediately went and notified the manger who IMMEDIATELY removed the cans from the shelves. The first time this happened was last year at another Kroger.

Don't tell me to call Kroger corporate headquarters. I don't like speaking with them=they have been very rude to me in the past.

The next time I shop for the milk and there are expiration dates, I will call the Dept of Agriculture and Kroger will be fined big time!!!!!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bestcustomerever For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 AM

RE: EXPIRED dates on Carnation Evaporated Milk

So ready for spring break!

My Mood/Status:
Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Breeze has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank you for the heads up. That's something I often forget to check, so it's good to have a reminder.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 AM

Wishing for whirled peas

My Mood/Status:
esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Truly, I think the milk is still safe, but Kroger should NEVER do that - they really let the ball drop on that one.

The ones I have expire in about a year.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:18 AM

ajk79 has posted more than 25 good deals
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I didn't realize it until I got home, that one can of milk had expired. This is like the third time I have bought something that has already expired from Kroger. I have been trying to always remember to check the date, but I was in a hurry.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajk79 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 AM

Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
This happens all the time at my Kroger - on all sorts of products. I don't buy anything at Kroger w/o checking the expiration dates. I've even found meat that was expired by almost 3 weeks! (Those little bacon wrapped sirloins in the shrink wrap)
Harris Teeter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:06 AM

New Mommy here!

My Mood/Status:
BrandiJR has posted more than 200 great deals!BrandiJR has posted more than 200 great deals!BrandiJR has posted more than 200 great deals!
I think it depends on your Kroger manager! We just got a new manager and I have had nothing but amazing luck with him! Our old manager was a joke! I would call and say I had bought something, went to use it a couple days later, and it was expired months ago and she would say well i should have looked. I had it happen once and this manager was very upset that it happened and he took care of it right away. He was also going to walk the isles and check things. This is the first time my kroger has had a manager that has cared!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:11 AM

Krazy Publix Shopper!!!

My Mood/Status:
KrazyKadhra has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KrazyKadhra has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KrazyKadhra has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KrazyKadhra has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KrazyKadhra has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KrazyKadhra has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I went through the same thing at one Krogers. Most of the can had dates of Jan 09! Incredible. I told the manager and two days later they were still there!!

I turned some of the cans over so the date was exposed to whom ever might want to purchase them. I didn't want to go back to the Manager and complain again.

Now at another Kroger ALL cans had dates until end of next year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KrazyKadhra For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 08:23 AM

Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Do any of your Krogers have milk and half and half that always has a short expiration date. I buy Half and Half at Costco and it'll have an expiration date 6 weeks out, when I get it at Kroger its usually 5-7 days tops. Their milk is always expiring withing a few days too. Is it because they way over order to get it cheaper? It really annoys me - there are just 2 of us and we barely go through a 1/2 gallon a week, it expires before we can use it all, almost everytime.
Harris Teeter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:44 AM

Wishing for whirled peas

My Mood/Status:
esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I rarely have this problem, although I still always check the fresh stuff. Although usually none is expired, there can be a week or more difference between the oldest and newest dates on milk and other dairy. I bought a gallon of milk two days ago dated Nov. 11th.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
We need to have more state legislatures enact laws such as Calif did requiring CVS to give $2 to customers when finding expired items on their shelves.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:53 AM

Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
The fresheset milk yesterday at my store expires on Nov. 7th and I dug all the way to the back to get that! The stuff in the front was expiring Nov 3rd!
Harris Teeter!

Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
daisydoescoupons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daisydoescoupons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daisydoescoupons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daisydoescoupons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daisydoescoupons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daisydoescoupons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daisydoescoupons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daisydoescoupons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daisydoescoupons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daisydoescoupons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
Do any of your Krogers have milk and half and half that always has a short expiration date. I buy Half and Half at Costco and it'll have an expiration date 6 weeks out, when I get it at Kroger its usually 5-7 days tops. Their milk is always expiring withing a few days too. Is it because they way over order to get it cheaper? It really annoys me - there are just 2 of us and we barely go through a 1/2 gallon a week, it expires before we can use it all, almost everytime.
We are in the same situation. I make sure that when I buy a gallon I remove 1 glass worth and then freeze it. Sometimes when it is on MS, I will buy several and freeze them. Works best for skim, 1 and 2%. Defrost overnight and shake before using. We also put partials in the freezer if we are leaving for the weekend or on vacation. Never have milk spoil anymore! Haven't paid full price for milk in a longtime either.
The Following User Says Thank You to daisydoescoupons For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 11:16 AM

is thankful for the rain...

My Mood/Status:
vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Ugh!! I hate when that happens!! It happened once to me with a Closeout applesauce. Since then I'm a freak checking each and every box/can!!

Busy mom to
playful DS 2.5 years old and
sweet DS 2 months old, and wife to
DH. Loving to
with AFC
Old 11-02-2009, 12:44 PM

Couponing with a corn allergy

My Mood/Status:
hdcat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdcat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdcat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdcat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdcat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdcat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdcat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdcat has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldS View Post
We need to have more state legislatures enact laws such as Calif did requiring CVS to give $2 to customers when finding expired items on their shelves.
In college I worked for a grocery chain that had 2x the price guarantee if you found an item that was past date on the shelves (or if you bought it- price paid+2x the price back). I worked in the bakery and deli, with the price of cakes and some of the fancy cheeses, you better believe you develop an eagle eye for sell by dates- you don't want the store manager coming to your department asking who screwed up It was just assumed that every employee would help spot other departments too- if you walked through a department on your way to break or the backroom, your eyes were always scanning.

I'm always finding stuff at grocery stores now, even things I don't buy I will notice a past date on- I can understand one can getting missed, but every time someone stocks the shelf they should be checking dates. I've even found things that had a use by date that preceded when a new store recently opened- that is just crazy (especially since this was 5-6 months after they'd been open).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hdcat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 12:49 PM

Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydoescoupons View Post
We are in the same situation. I make sure that when I buy a gallon I remove 1 glass worth and then freeze it. Sometimes when it is on MS, I will buy several and freeze them. Works best for skim, 1 and 2%. Defrost overnight and shake before using. We also put partials in the freezer if we are leaving for the weekend or on vacation. Never have milk spoil anymore! Haven't paid full price for milk in a longtime either.
The DBF refuses to drink milk that's been frozen and he also refuses to eat bread that's been frozen. His mom used to freeze them when he was a kid (she had 10 kids she had to feed!) and he swears it makes the milk funky and the bread stale. I guess I could freeze some to use in recipes ~ I don't drink milk at all.
Harris Teeter!

Old 11-05-2009, 03:45 PM

:)
Always looking for Good deals :)

My Mood/Status:
kayrina has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kayrina has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kayrina has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kayrina has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kayrina has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kayrina has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Yeah it happened to me too,I have to go back to return 3 of them that are expired
And its OK to cry.. If you feel it comin on / It'll let you know you're human in the end...

Be Good Until then
by
Butch Walker
Old 11-05-2009, 04:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
rah0101 has posted more than 400 great deals!rah0101 has posted more than 400 great deals!rah0101 has posted more than 400 great deals!rah0101 has posted more than 400 great deals!rah0101 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Had gotten some of the cans of milk and not relized that they had expired by 4 months. Well I used 1 and it ruined the dish. I took it back to the store and they took it back with no ?s and replaced it. Found out that most of the cans on the shelf were expired!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 PM

Hot, HOT, in the MS Delta

My Mood/Status:
leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I looked on mine and it had march 2010 still not long enough i need to do a lot of baking or maybe i will give them to the salvation army for christmas boxes....
Old 11-07-2009, 02:16 AM

hautie has posted more than 25 good deals
With all the reading I do here... I feel better prepared when I hit the store.

I had actually never thought about looking for expiration dates on the Carnation milk. Because I am the idiot who never thought to even look.

But after reading this post, I went and looked through the 20 cans I had purchased. Just to make sure. And luckily they are all good till Sept. 2010. I am still bugged that they would keep milk that old on the shelf.

Speaking of fresh milk. My store never ever marks it down till it has one day till expiration. But the store near my parents... will mark down with 7 days left. So for a gallon I normally pay 1.19. But I do drink skim, 1/2%, 2% milk so it will last normally a good five days past its listed expiration date.