Coupons Disappearing From Receipt!

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 09:04 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
chel9316 has posted more than 150 good deals!chel9316 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Coupons disappearing from receipt!

Tonight I used three like 40 cent coupons. I watched on the screen; the first two doubled and the third did not, as expected. All three definitely scanned. I thought all was well... I am just now reviewing my receipt... Only *ONE* 40 cent coupon appears, doubled, at the bottom of the receipt. The other two... completely GONE!! Meijer has gone too far now. Their registers are doing something totally fraudulent. I can't even find the words to say...

This was on the Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks. I bought five. Also, only one of my two Mealbox Q's for these came off. Between the manufacturer coupons and the Mealbox coupons, the single item price was NOT exceeded, so that is not the explanation for any of this. GRRRRRRRRRR. It's too late to call the service desk now, so I'm not sure how I'm ever going to prove any of this after the fact.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chel9316 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2009, 09:23 PM

RE: Coupons disappearing from receipt!

My Mood/Status:
shughes17 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shughes17 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shughes17 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shughes17 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shughes17 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shughes17 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shughes17 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
well, the MB is easy to prove, but the other is a little harder. My CS desk is a joke though, they don't ever even look at my receipt just give me the $. I have thought several times, what is stopping me from bringing the receipt back in with another coupon. My honesty. Good luck!

Proud mom to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Emily 5 and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Carter 2 years
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shughes17 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2009, 10:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
redfordelaineek has posted more than 5 good deals
The same thing happened to me when I purchased the Jello last week. I am going to customer service to complain. 20 boxes with $1 off two blinkie that vanished like the wind adds up to a lot of money. Late at night purchase, I should have checked the receipt before I left the store. I am finding issue after issue with the Meijer receipts!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redfordelaineek For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2009, 12:45 PM

I spend FAR too much time on the computer.

My Mood/Status:
jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jonoma has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
My coupons for $0.50/1 Hefty plates didn't double yesterday - in 2 different transactions. Now I'm out $2.00, which makes a difference in the price of the plates. We needed them for $0.49 each, but would have skipped them for $0.99 each. If they won't be able to help at customer service, I'm prepared to return them. The registers are less than reliable with coupons.

I was disappointed last week when my $0.50/3 Kleenex coupons only doubled up to $0.89, which was the cost of one box. There's no reason that this should be happening...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonoma For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2009, 02:56 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ah! I just used 2 $0.50/1 mfq's, watched them double, and looked at my receipt when I got home and they're GONE!!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 05:18 PM

austinspookie has posted more than 50 good deals
I've had that happen before went to CS and got attitude from the clerk saying I couldn't prove anything! RUDE! Why would I waste my time at CS over 50 cents or $1???? Its the point and principle of it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to austinspookie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2009, 06:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
chel9316 has posted more than 150 good deals!chel9316 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I guess the moral of the story is, check your receipt before you leave the store. It is no longer sufficient to watch your coupons scan, as that doesn't mean you will get credit when the transaction is completed. I see I'm not the only one that's had this type of problem. I wish we could bust them somehow - they are committing fraud by taking our coupons and then not giving credit - and they are intentionally deceiving us by showing something on the screen which ends up missing from the receipt. This has got to be illegal.

I have no qualms asking the customer service person to go get the coupons from the cashier to prove my point. Problem is, I don't always have time to match every coupon on my receipt before leaving the store, and my 5-year old has started saying, "not again!!" every time I wheel our cart directly to the customer service desk. He's right, we should not have to go through this!

I'm so frustrated, it sometimes makes me wonder if couponing is really worth the hassle. But I just bought a new wireless printer which prints from three different computers in my home, and they all scan beautifully now. Makes it hard to walk away at this point! Maybe I should just try a different store. Kroger?? Wal Mart?? It's hard to walk away from Meijer due to the familiarity factor, but I've got to weigh that against the hassle and the anger I feel almost every time I go there these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to chel9316 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2009, 04:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
Babyboymommy has posted more than 400 great deals!Babyboymommy has posted more than 400 great deals!Babyboymommy has posted more than 400 great deals!Babyboymommy has posted more than 400 great deals!Babyboymommy has posted more than 400 great deals!
This sounds like coupon fraud to me! Meijer will be getting reimbursed for coupons that weren't actually redeemed. I don't think this will go over too well with the manufacturers who put out the coupons!
, and Annie
, and then there's the DH
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyboymommy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2009, 07:59 AM

is searching for deals!

My Mood/Status:
BargainJunkie has posted more than 150 good deals!BargainJunkie has posted more than 150 good deals!
Ditto on all of this. Same thing has happened to me. I sent my hubby the other night w/a handful of q's and specifics on what to get. Although he didn't do things perfect, some of the coupons weren't there!

But I have to bring this to everyone's attention-

I've never had this happen at Kroger!

Kroger is always on the mark. I have checked repeatedly and my receipt is always perfectly correct in line with my coupon count. And my Kroger TRIPLES, everyday! Gotta love that!

I think that if everyone one of us that has written about our problems on this thread, sent an email to Meijer to explain what we've seen, maybe something would be done about it!

Just my two cents!
Bargain Junkie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BargainJunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2009, 10:11 AM

is glad it's spring!
Average Joe

My Mood/Status:
davexucc has posted more than 200 great deals!davexucc has posted more than 200 great deals!davexucc has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BargainJunkie View Post
Ditto on all of this. Same thing has happened to me. I sent my hubby the other night w/a handful of q's and specifics on what to get. Although he didn't do things perfect, some of the coupons weren't there!

But I have to bring this to everyone's attention-

I've never had this happen at Kroger!

Kroger is always on the mark. I have checked repeatedly and my receipt is always perfectly correct in line with my coupon count. And my Kroger TRIPLES, everyday! Gotta love that!

I think that if everyone one of us that has written about our problems on this thread, sent an email to Meijer to explain what we've seen, maybe something would be done about it!

Just my two cents!
Bargain Junkie
I have actually had this happen more often at Kroger than Meijer. Either way, shame on both if it is intentional.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davexucc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2009, 01:10 PM

Commited Penny Pincher
Frugal Crazy

My Mood/Status:
CuppyCake has posted more than 300 great deals!CuppyCake has posted more than 300 great deals!CuppyCake has posted more than 300 great deals!CuppyCake has posted more than 300 great deals!
I do the self checkout and I watch very carefully when I scan my coupons if something doesn't seem right I immediately call for assistance. Usually though everything goes smoothly. I've never had coupons disappear any of my shopping trips, I sure hope that doesn't start happening at my meijers.

Super Savings so far this year $916.48
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CuppyCake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2009, 01:41 PM

Super mom of 5

My Mood/Status:
mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have no idea what is up with Meijer and thier computers, but they are messed up! I did self checkout when the PF bread/ campbells soup was going on. On the screen my .40/4 q doubled to .80 and when I got the recipt (after I paid) I looked at it and it only doubles to the price of 1 soup .. which is lower than .80. I asked about it and they sent me to CS. But the line was so long I and I just got off work and figured it was not worth the fight to get less than .20 back.

Maybe we should all start calling coroporate.

And yes, you can prove which q's you used.. just make them pull the q's from the registers. I have had to do this numerous amounts of times!
Amedeus (3)
and Jasiah

Central Area Kroger shopper
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommamerri For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2009, 10:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
Anyone who has an experience like this, please do call or e-mail corporate. We need them to know we are paying attention, and they need to be aware of the number of people that are experiencing these types of issues - hopefully once they realize how many of us are noticing, they will be less likely to ignore it and think they can get away with something.

I've had coupons cut back to less than their value before, too, but this is the first time they've scanned correctly but then completely disappeared - at least that I'm aware of! I've written an e-mail, and so far I have only received a response that they're forwarding it to the area that handles this type of concern. I can't wait to hear what they have to say.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:35 PM

Trying to stay sane :)

My Mood/Status:
TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TaraLynn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had a weird experience that didn't even involve coupons! The deal last week- Buy 3 Kraft blocks of cheese and get a free Nabisco Snack crackers. The crackers were on sale for $1.69 and under it on the receipt it says "free item -$1.59." So it only took off $1.59 instead of $1.69, and I still paid $.10 for my *free* item.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaraLynn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2009, 03:34 AM

Looking for a few good deals!

My Mood/Status:
savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!savings queen has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
These situations are SO frustrating. I will be sure to look at the running total of my bill. As long as that adjusts after every coupon, and the end result is the amount I am billed, then I suppose it's okay if it's not on the receipt. That doesn't seem right, though...

Along the same lines, I bought the L'oreal buy one, get one moisturizer. I checked my receipt and discovered that my $8 HBA coupon from Meijer took only $4 off (they split the difference between the two items)???? What???? So, my free item was $4 less with my Meijer coupon. Wasn't that nice of them? So, if that logic applies, then I can use two coupons when purchasing a buy one, get one free offer...right? Ugh! I will be taking that receipt to Customer Service, or writing to Meijer.

The Following User Says Thank You to savings queen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2009, 08:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by savings queen View Post
These situations are SO frustrating. I will be sure to look at the running total of my bill. As long as that adjusts after every coupon, and the end result is the amount I am billed, then I suppose it's okay if it's not on the receipt.
Just took out the calculator. Did a running total of every item and every coupon and it came out exact - this means I did not get credit for the missing coupons.

I do watch the total adjust after every coupon. Something must happen when the cashier hits the total button. You expect your total to go up at that point because of tax, so that's probably where they sneak in their shady adjustments as well. Pretty impossible to detect at that point. I'm sure they're banking on the fact that not many people go back over their receipts like some of us here do.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
vtrommer has posted more than 150 good deals!vtrommer has posted more than 150 good deals!
I went to Meijer tonight and bought Mucinex D 10.48 and 3 reach dental floss 3.29 each
totaling 20.35...I used 2 $8 off health and beauty coupons which showed up on my receipt as promomotion items 0.00 then at the bottom of the receipt it only took off 1 $ 8 coupon instead of 2. Unfortuneately I didn't look at my receipt until I was home (45 min. away)!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to vtrommer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2009, 03:56 AM

free stuff is awesome!!
ever stop to think and forget to start again?

My Mood/Status:
chelpa has posted more than 300 great deals!chelpa has posted more than 300 great deals!chelpa has posted more than 300 great deals!chelpa has posted more than 300 great deals!
after reading this i checked my receipt from last weekend and found 3 q's that did not come of. and 1 item that was on sale that is listed at full price. i'm gonna take my reciept and last weeks ad in with me saturday and get even. i wonder how long until the mealbox coupons are no longer on their site. i heard they may just do an occasional insert like octobers frozen food one they put out, and take the whole thing of their website. *gasp*.....
The Following User Says Thank You to chelpa For This Useful Post: