Can't Use Video Adperks With Man Q's - Email Response

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 01:02 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Riteaid Can't Use Video Adperks with Man q's - Email Response

I've pasted my comment entered on the Rite Aid website and the response I was sent.

Comments:
Is your coupon policy posted somewhere on the website for me to print out and bring to the store? I was told today that because the Video Values Ad Perks coupons for Huggies diapers says "manufacturer's coupons" that I couldn't use it along with another coupon. But those video values coupons are only able to be used at Rite Aid. What is the policy regarding this, because I've been able to use both on one item many times before, and now I'm being told they could lose their job over allowing both coupons!

The reply I got today:
Kelly,

I apologize for any inconvenience. However, they are manufacture coupons and cannot be used with other manufacture coupons. They can only be used with Rite Aid coupons out of our Rite Aid sales flyer (even if the say manufacture). I apologize for any inconvenience and confusion.

-------
Customer Support

And my follow up response:

So just to clarify what you're saying: the video Adperks coupons, available on Rite Aid's website, that look exactly like in ad coupons and have a barcode that starts with "RC" AND say at the bottom in fine print "Can only be used at Rite Aid" are manufacturer's coupons and are not considered Rite Aid coupons? I don't see how in the world they are true manufacturer's coupons. If they were, I would be able to use them at any store that accepts manufacturer's coupons and I guarantee I WOULD NOT be able to use the Video Adperks coupons anywhere other than Rite Aid.

I thank you for your future response to this email.
Kelly Miller

Have any of you emailed corp about this and gotten a different response? This is very frustrating!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mommy2silas For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:21 PM

RE: Can't Use Video Adperks with Man q's - Email Response

cooking dinner
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
tracylynn01 has posted more than 400 great deals!tracylynn01 has posted more than 400 great deals!tracylynn01 has posted more than 400 great deals!tracylynn01 has posted more than 400 great deals!tracylynn01 has posted more than 400 great deals!
How frustrating! They definately don't have the bar code like a manu coupon. I hope they figure it out!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mommy2silas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I know. I'll post when I get a reply, the one above took about a week. I wanted to do the Aveeno deal too! Ugh.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:18 PM

go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I agree it's extremely frustrating when every time you plan your RA trip that the store language changes every single time I/we are there.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:50 AM

kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I just used two aveeno RA coupons I had plus the mfg. coupons out of the paper and the $5 off $25 at my local RiteAid and no one said anything about not being able to use the coupons out of the regular paper. They were hesitant to take the $5 off $25 coupon but when I asked why, she said it was because the $5 off $25 for health care products was causing an issue and she just needed to clarify that mine wasn't that coupon. Unfortunately, I think they're doing their cashiers a real disservice by changing their coupon policy so often. I've heard a number of them complain to each other about this very thing. In fact, an assistant manager had to be called over to the cashier that was checking someone out next to me and even HE didn't know the policy. When it gets that complicated, it's time to do things differently!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:14 AM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Walgreens is trying this same tactic, with their coupon booklets...

they say manufacturer coupon, but they don't have barcodes like 'normal' mQs, so can't be used anywhere else

stinks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
Old 09-30-2009, 05:49 AM

kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Why are they all making this so complicated? If they just said on their coupons (the stores) that additional coupons can't be used with their's, it would eliminate a lot of confusion. That way they also wouldn't have to deal with irate customers who are trying to use both!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:54 AM

is getting better at this!
Baby #2 is here :)

My Mood/Status:
crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
One of my local grocery stores started pulling this too. It is ridiculous! If you can't use it anywhere else, it is a store coupon!!!! I like the PP suggestion of just stating that a store Q cannot be used with any other coupon.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 AM

Why are they all making this so complicated? If they just said on their coupons (the stores) that additional coupons can't be used with their's, it would eliminate a lot of confusion. That way they also wouldn't have to deal with irate customers who are trying to use both!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 AM

Granny1218 has posted more than 150 good deals!Granny1218 has posted more than 150 good deals!
My RA had no problem (nor did their computer system) about using the Huggies Video Value Q's along with the $3 MQ's when doing the diaper deal last week and the $5/$25 as well!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
Well, here was my response from Rite Aid Customer Support:

Kelly,

I apologize for any confusion on my part with the coupons from adperk. I have contacted the department that handles this and they informed that you are correct. These are Rite Aid manufacturer coupons and can be used with other manufacture coupons found in the newspaper and online. However, they two combined cannot exceed the amount of the item itself. I apologize for the error in my previous email as we were misinformed as to the nature of the coupons.

Customer Support

So seriously, if customer support is confused on the matter, how in the world are chasiers/managers supposed to know what they're doing??
I must admit though, I did a big sigh of relief when I read this! Now the only tough part is getting cashiers to take the coupons we are allowed to rightfully use... it's tiring!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mommy2silas For This Useful Post: