How Often Do Mega Sales Come Up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 01:09 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!nofancyname has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Question How often do Mega Sales come up?

I've been out of the couponing for awhile...how often does Kroger run a Mega Sale? not the duration...but how long before a new one will come around - approximately?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nofancyname For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:40 PM

RE: How often do Mega Sales come up?

Frugally Minded

ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Off the top of my head, 2 times a year... ish. (total guess)

Total guess though. Last time they inundated me with cleaning supplies, this time with Grands Biscuits and Granola/Snack bars. Guessing the next one will be cleaning supplies again! LOL.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ayenbe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2009, 04:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
bartleby has posted more than 200 great deals!bartleby has posted more than 200 great deals!bartleby has posted more than 200 great deals!
I haven't been using the Mega Deals very long, but in the time that I have, I can't discern any pattern to them. I guess they just want to keep us guessing.

According to my records (i.e., I scan all my receipts), the most recent Mega Deal sales have been:

8/16-29/09
7/12-25/09
3/08-14/09 (these sales tend to last two weeks, but since I went grocery shopping only once this month I don't know which was the other week)
1/18-31/09
11/02-15/08

In the intervals between Mega Deal sales, there are similar, but less good (imo) $3 or $5 deals with Proctor & Gamble and NASCAR.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bartleby For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 08:25 AM

Trying to figure it out... :)

My Mood/Status:
kate2348 has posted more than 300 great deals!kate2348 has posted more than 300 great deals!kate2348 has posted more than 300 great deals!kate2348 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I am so bummed. I totally goofed on the mega sale at Kroger. Kroger ads run from Thursday morning to Wednesday night so our mega sale ended Wednesday, September 2. Cub ads run from Sunday to Saturday, Schnucks run from Tuesday to Monday. Keeping track of the grocery ads start and end dates, plus what coupons I have, is harder than keeping track of my family's schedules! So, I realized last night that I could get 5 Grands biscuits for free, three Betty Crocker mashed potates for 20 cents each, a Hamburger Helper for free and two Sobe lifewaters for 25 cents each. At nine o'clock when I realized this I was so tired I didn't feel up to going to the store so I said I would go right away in the morning. The minute I walked into Kroger I realized I had totally goofed. I'm so annoyed at myself! I need to keep telling myself that surely the Grands and potatoes will be back to $1 each. I just wanted to build up my stockpile!

Tags
mega sale