Starting A Coupon Clipping Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 06:10 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

shawn630 has posted more than 5 good deals
Help Sign Starting A Coupon Clipping Service

I am wanting to start a coupon clipping service, so I'm turning to the experts at AFC for help. Other than buying a ton of newspapers, is there a resource where I can get just the inserts?? I've advertised on Craigslist and contacted my local newspaper to see if I can get a discount on any unsold newspapers (the newspaper hasn't got back to me yet, and so far Craigslist has been a bust). I've also searched the internet but have not found any supplier/distributor resource for the inserts. AFC is a GREAT site, and I've saved so much money by joining; so thanks to everyone here for that! Any help you experts can give me will be greatly appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to shawn630 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:40 PM

RE: Starting A Coupon Clipping Service

Was that a bird or a mosquito?
Join the Welcome Wagon!

My Mood/Status:
DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Great question. I have no idea, but hopefully someone else will. Good luck on the new endeavor!
and to be considered for the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon Team!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to DebB831 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2009, 02:01 PM

Run with the wind!

My Mood/Status:
xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Send a PM to peek69 she sells them
The Following User Says Thank You to xsdmom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2009, 08:02 PM

Wishing for whirled peas

My Mood/Status:
esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Best of luck to you, Shawn. I was just mentioning to a friend what a good little business this would be if you had access to inserts.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:20 PM

Shopping for great deals

My Mood/Status:
Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Justlooking1208 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
There are lots of people on here who sell/trade inserts. Check the listings of FSOT
Old 08-07-2009, 09:19 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My husband used to get them from the recycle bins at grocery stores where he delivered products. I had two gas stations that would let me get inserts if I came by at 11:00 when they pulled the Sunday papers out. Unfortunately we moved, and it's another story here. In Pittsburgh, the Post Gazette makes gas stations and apparently stores sign contracts that they won't allow people to take the inserts, not even employees! We've heard this from several stores and gas stations, so it must not be a bluff. Frustrating!!! But do try gas stations in your area or small mom-n-pop stores. Sometimes they will let you take just the coupons. If your area recycles paper separately, you may be able to pull them out of the recycle bins (at stores or I've known people who go down the streets and pull them out of individual recycle containers) if they are accessible. What I'm going to do at my apartment complex is put a box labeled "unwanted coupons" by the mailbox center and hope a few people dump the Redplum mailers in there. They just toss them in the garbage here anyway. If you don't live in a complex, perhaps you could put out a box at complexes in your area. Just put them out in the morning and pick them up before dark.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 PM

MSing for another luxury trip :)
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think there's a lot of time investment involved in this kind of business. Even if you find a free source of inserts, that is just the start.

1. who will cut coupons for you? that may mean thousands of coupons per day. are you ready for that? after the cutting, you sort and clip them. then if you have orders, you have to find a system to make sure you get orders right OR else you will have a lot of complaints forcing you to give refunds.

2. have you made a website specifically designed for your business and have you made sure its user friendly enough when your customers place their order? I think this part requires a lot of beta testing to make sure it works. Your business depends a lot on orders placed by your customers. Therefore, you have to make your website easy to navigate and user friendly.

3. weigh it carefully if you have the time, help and working capital to launch this business. if this is going to be a one man/woman job, think a hundred times before you plunge into it.

whatever you decide, good luck!

FSOT: brand new Event phone still in box. PM me to make an offer.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post: