Buy 10 Items For $20 Gets Custom Coupon For $5 OYNO PLUS $2 OYNO With Certain Items

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 04:57 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Buy 10 items for $20 gets Custom Coupon for $5 OYNO PLUS $2 OYNO with certain items

Ok. Went yesterday to get a few items in the buy 10 for $20 get $5. I bought

3 Simply Cookies---used 3 $1 IP coupons for each
3 Yoplait Fiber One 4/4oz----used 3 $1 IP coupons for each
1 Yoplait Yo Plus 4/4oz----used 1 $1 IP coupon
2 Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix----use 75/2 coupon
1 Toaster Strudel---didn't have a coupon, but son wanted

So, 10 items for $20...minus $7.75 in coupons for a total of $12.25. Now this was supposed to spit out a $5 OYNO catalina, but what I dislike about this catalina deals where SO MANY things are involved is that inevitably something isn't programmed in and the cat won't spit out and you get to go spend time at the service desk..which is what I had to do to get my $5. BUT..ON A GOOD NOTE...there is ANOTHER catalina promo running at the same time on select General Mills items. There were tags hanging by the fruit rollups, GM cereals and Yogurt. It's for a $2 OYNO catalina when you buy 4 select GM items. (In my order the yogurts qualified and that cat did print when I checked out). I had three kids in tow and don't have all the specifications...it did involve all GM cereals, some of the Yoplait yogurts..including the Trix and Gogurt which are also part of the $5 OYNO, and some of the Betty Crockers Fruit rollups, etc. If anyone has a print out that they got from the register could you post all the details??? The catalina has a start date of 7/19.

So, in summary, I purchased my items above for $12.25 and got back $5 ONYO and a $2 ONYO!!! Your deal could be improved if you had coupons for all the items.....or better coupons..some have $1.25 off the Simply Coupons. Going to the land of doubles today to get the Betty Crocker items, Trix yogurt and Gogurts!! What scenarios do you have??
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to michiganmommyof3 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2009, 05:23 AM

RE: Buy 10 items for $20 gets Custom Coupon for $5 OYNO PLUS $2 OYNO with certain items

My Mood/Status:
pumpkinpie1 has posted more than 200 great deals!pumpkinpie1 has posted more than 200 great deals!pumpkinpie1 has posted more than 200 great deals!
so is it any 10 items totalling $20?
The Following User Says Thank You to pumpkinpie1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 06:32 AM

RE: Buy 10 items for $20 gets Custom Coupon for $5 OYNO PLUS $2 OYNO with certain items

My Mood/Status:
michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!michiganmommyof3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpie1 View Post
so is it any 10 items totalling $20?
There is a large section in the ad showing/listing all the items that qualify. It has the General Mills Buy Any 10 items below for $20 Get a Meijer Custom Coupon for $5 off your next shopping visit. So, yes, if you wanted to buy 10 Simply Cookies $20 for example and you had coupons for all of them then that would qualify for the $5 OYNO. Is that what you wanted to know?
The Following User Says Thank You to michiganmommyof3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 07:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
pumpkinpie1 has posted more than 200 great deals!pumpkinpie1 has posted more than 200 great deals!pumpkinpie1 has posted more than 200 great deals!
its not in my ad here in chicago.. maybe thats why im so confused. But thanks. : )
Old 07-20-2009, 02:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpie1 View Post
its not in my ad here in chicago.. maybe thats why im so confused. But thanks. : )

Bummer! I didn't know other Meijer stores wouldn't have this promo...sorry about that! Wait a minute..I just looked at an ad for Meijer in Chicago...that looks like our ad that ended on Saturday. When does your next ad start?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:54 PM

cmspacca has posted more than 75 good deals!
Chicago's and (I think) Indiana's ads start on Thursday. I bet it will be in there.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:19 PM

bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
michiganmommyof3, where did you get the IP's for the Simply cookies?
The Following User Says Thank You to bbruno For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2009, 06:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbruno View Post
michiganmommyof3, where did you get the IP's for the Simply cookies?
They were in the coupon database her on afullcup. Just hold your mouse cursor over the header 'coupons' at the top of this webpage. Then click on the first one that will appear underneath titled "coupon database". I just typed simply into the search for printables..and voila. I hope that makes sense. I'm in a hurry, but wanted to answer. Hope that helps
Old 07-21-2009, 07:04 AM

bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bbruno has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Thanks, got it. I was typing in simply cookies and it didn't come back with anything. Not sure if my Meijer's carries these cookies, though. We'll see.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 AM

If the ad says buy any 10 items for $20, does that mean that each item listed is on sale for $2.00? If I knew that, it would help with my planning and final OOP cost.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:36 AM

LOVES AFC

marie1298 has posted more than 100 good deals!marie1298 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I got Simply Cookie coupons through vocalpoint.com. Go there and sign up and occasionally they will send coupons for you to try things out before they start selling them. I think every time I've gotten coupons there has been a FREE and then 6 or 7 extra coupons for you to hand out to friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to marie1298 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
CAUTION: it appears the Simply Cookies is not properly coded into the computer and a lot of people don't get the OYNO when Simply Cookies are in the mix. Just be careful and watch...and be prepared for yet ONE MORE trip to the Meijer Service Center. The clerk told me the other day that his whole day is spent correcting non-printing OYNOs!!!

The Yoplait Plus work each and every time for me. I have also purchased the BC mini cakes and they appeared to be in the system.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamscot View Post
CAUTION: it appears the Simply Cookies is not properly coded into the computer and a lot of people don't get the OYNO when Simply Cookies are in the mix. Just be careful and watch...and be prepared for yet ONE MORE trip to the Meijer Service Center. The clerk told me the other day that his whole day is spent correcting non-printing OYNOs!!!

The Yoplait Plus work each and every time for me. I have also purchased the BC mini cakes and they appeared to be in the system.
THANK YOU!!!! I knew there had to be one item in the mix that was screwing things up. I told that to the guy at the service desk that I dislike these deals that involve so MANY items because something always get left out of the system and screws things up. I have completed two transactions at two different stores and had simply cookies in each order and didn't get my $5 ONYO and had to make that agonizing trip to the service desk with 3 kids in tow. I guess I will try another round this week without the cookies. Thanks for letting me what was causing my trouble!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michiganmommyof3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2009, 01:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbruno View Post
If the ad says buy any 10 items for $20, does that mean that each item listed is on sale for $2.00? If I knew that, it would help with my planning and final OOP cost.
Yes, every item is $2.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 PM

clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Thanks for the info!

Anyone want to join in a letter writing campaign about the amount of time we spend dealing with non-printing OYNO items? (oh, that and the $9 Fruit of the Loom stuff last week that was advertised as $5!) I have a 2 1/2 year old in tow all the time and as lovely as the customer service staff are, I don't really want to talk to them all the time! Plus, they usually don't know about any of the deals (unless it is like this one and printed in that week's flyer!)
Old 07-22-2009, 03:03 PM

danaymarie has posted more than 50 good deals
I found the details of this OYNO deal, It is:

Buy 4 GM cereals, yoplait mulitpacks or betty crocker fruit flavored snacks and get $2 off your next shopping order.
Participating products are: GM cereals- all varieties, Yoplait- kids yogurt drink, kids lowfat yogurt, fiber one, go-gurt fizzix, trix, yo-plus, Betty Crocker- all varieties fruit snacks. Products must be purchased in one transaction between 7/19 and 8/5

I did this deal with the $5 oyno deal and the $5 didn't print but the $2 did. I bought the cookies so I'm sure that was the problem- i just had to go up the service desk- major pain in the butt. But I got my $5 cat and $2 cat each time I did it which was worth it. $20 of stuff for $3 after cats isn't too bad!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danaymarie For This Useful Post: