Coupon Policy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 03:53 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Arianya has posted more than 100 good deals!Arianya has posted more than 100 good deals!
Question Coupon Policy

I've written to corp twice about my shopping experience this afternoon. The first time they thanked me for letting them know that I received spotty customer service and they were going to notify my store. The second time I received their coupon acceptance letter (which I'm going to print out and take with me whenever I go).

I bought several items in multiple this afternoon and handed the cashier about 30ish coupons, mostly manufacturer but a few Target ones as well. The young girl panicked as soon as she was given my "stack" and called for assistance via the register right away then started to place the coupons into multiple piles.

Her supervisor comes over, grabs a pile of printables and says " this says per purchase - you have to ring these up separately ." Long story short twenty-five minutes later, I ended up having to pay in six different transactions because I bought 6 bottles of Herbal Essences. Now ironically, I know that none of the coupons I handed over except the Target ones said one per transaction. I expected to possibly have a problem with the Alexia coupons and have to do a second transaction for two bags of snacks but didn't expect to have to ring out 6 different times.

Is this a new policy within Target?

Any help is appreciated 'cause I'm not really getting the answers that I'm looking for with Target's CS, then again maybe I'm not asking correctly?

* I know that one per purchase is different than a coupon stating one per transaction. I'm thinking that the customer service supervisor doesn't realize the difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arianya For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-18-2009, 08:07 PM

RE: Coupon Policy

Searching AFC to learn from the best!

My Mood/Status:
rnlynns has posted more than 150 good deals!rnlynns has posted more than 150 good deals!
How annoying!
The Following User Says Thank You to rnlynns For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2009, 06:36 AM

melziemom04 has posted more than 100 good deals!melziemom04 has posted more than 100 good deals!
My coupon experiences at Target have been miserable lately, too. I went yesterday with a stack of coupons. Several of them beeped even though they were for the exact item listed on the coupon. So, I had to start pulling items out of bags to match them with the coupons. After all that, the cashier STILL freaked out because I ended up saving about $35 using my coupons and so she called the manager over to check everything. By that time, there was a long line and I also ended up being late for my ds' swim lessons because it took so long. (not to mention that my ice cream was basically melted by the time I got home....)
The Following User Says Thank You to melziemom04 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2009, 10:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
tbewood has posted more than 200 great deals!tbewood has posted more than 200 great deals!tbewood has posted more than 200 great deals!
They pulled the one per purchase item on me several weeks ago when I was doing the pace salsa deal and they wouldn't budge so I was only able to purchase 1. It was really frustrating!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tbewood For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2009, 10:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
When I called and requested my copy of the official Target q policy I asked the gal on the phone about having to do multiple purchases in order to use multiple coupons. She stated that you DO NOT need to make more than one purchase. The only coupons that are limited are the ones that say "one per transaction". She told me that if I get any hassle about use of coupons to call the 800 number from the register and Target headquarters would be happy to assist the store in the proper use of coupons and customer service. You bet I will!! She also said there have been quite a few of these kind of incidents lately.....hmmmmm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtgunderson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2009, 06:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
Arianya has posted more than 100 good deals!Arianya has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgunderson View Post
When I called and requested my copy of the official Target q policy I asked the gal on the phone about having to do multiple purchases in order to use multiple coupons. She stated that you DO NOT need to make more than one purchase. The only coupons that are limited are the ones that say "one per transaction". She told me that if I get any hassle about use of coupons to call the 800 number from the register and Target headquarters would be happy to assist the store in the proper use of coupons and customer service. You bet I will!! She also said there have been quite a few of these kind of incidents lately.....hmmmmm.
When you phoned in your complaint, did they notify the store? I'm not counting on receiving a phone call from the store although it would be nice. I received a phone call from Wal-mart the day after I complained about an error at the register and the CSM refused to fix it on the spot. I had to wait 30 minutes in line at customer service to receive a refund of $3.XX.