Rite Aid's Response To My Email Regarding Rite Aid Coupon Policy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 PM
cheerful

My Mood/Status:
lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Rite Aid's response to my email regarding Rite Aid coupon Policy

this is the reply I got from filling out an online inquiry form regarding Rite aid's coupon policy. Not sure I understand the last paragraph yet about the BOGO. They didn't really state how they handle BOGO manufacter coupon and it looks like it's up to stores to honor what ever they want to do. I'm really disappointed about the first paragraph as it messes up my plans for the Schick deal big time.

Donna,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. The $5 off a $25 coupon is to
be taken off after all other coupons, as it is based on the final total. Not
all stores were doing this properly, so I do apologize for any confusion
this may have caused.

Below is the Rite Aid Coupon Policy;

Coupons, and their face value, cannot be exchanged for cash. Front-end
competitor coupons will not be honored at Rite Aid. Coupons are to have a
valid expiration date, those that are expired or ineligible will be returned
to the customer.

One internet coupon can be used per item; however, there is a $5.00 limit on
each internet coupon. Similar to manufacturer's coupons, only one internet
coupon is accepted for each item, unless coupled with a manufacturer's or
valuable coupon found in a Rite Aid circular.

When items are featured on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion, up to two
coupons can be used against the items being purchased, as long as the net
price does not go below zero for the item being purchased. The register will
automatically calculate any sales tax due on a zero sales transaction based
upon your state and local laws.

Carrie
Customer Support

Last edited by lutherandj; 07-09-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Clarification
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to lutherandj For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:53 PM

RE: Rite Aid's response to my email regarding Rite Aid coupon Policy

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!
Question

I have a question: Can we use the Rite Aid IN-AD Manf Q PLUS an INSERT Manf Q?

Reading this post, It seems as if we should be able to...

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 PM

is stockpiling Rubbermaid bins for her stockpile!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I think the last paragraph means that if you're buying 2 items in a BOGO deal, you can use 2 coupons--which is great news! There's a discussion about this on the CVS forum and it sounds like the same situation. At CVS, you can use 2 coupons for a BOGO deal because the store is offering the BOGO sale, and the manufacturer is paying the coupons, so you can use 2 coupons for one pair of items.

However, you may encounter opposition from the store... recently I was turned down three times at two different stores when I had BOGO coupons and tried to use them during the BOGO Mars candy bar sale. I realize that's not the same issue as two .50 coupons or whatever, but coupons and BOGOs seem to flip out a lot of cashiers and managers.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
Ajsh2 has posted more than 150 good deals!Ajsh2 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutherandj View Post

The $5 off a $25 coupon is to
be taken off after all other coupons, as it is based on the final total.
wht thats
Old 07-10-2009, 07:35 AM

needs to focus!

My Mood/Status:
shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajsh2 View Post
wht thats
That is NOT good news!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:38 AM

dubs1027 has posted more than 150 good deals!dubs1027 has posted more than 150 good deals!

This boggles me because RA will be getting their 25.00, just from the manufacturers paying for the coupons, not me. That coupon brings me into that store, if mine stops taking the 5/25 before other coupons, then I will stop shopping there.

Similar to manufacturer's coupons, only one internet

To me, this sounds like a man coupon can be coupled with a man coupon from the RA circular. Any other takes on this statement?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:02 AM

go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Oh my, this reads very discouraging to me. Oh well, all good things do come to an end I guess.
I don't have the $5 off $25 q at hand, but I didn't think it stated after all coupons.
Business as usual they want your money and don't want you to come out with some savings (All for them and none for you or this is my opinion on how I read this)
Man q can be used with a Man RA coupon from their circular is how I read that.
I guess my shopping will be limited now that they are doing this as well.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPMOM View Post
I have a question: Can we use the Rite Aid IN-AD Manf Q PLUS an INSERT Manf Q?

Reading this post, It seems as if we should be able to...

Thanks!
Are you referring to using a Rite-Aid Manu Q plus a Manu Q from like the Sunday papers? I couple these all the time. Sorry if this is not what you were asking...

Wifey to DH (5 yrs)

Mommy to DS (7)
and DD (4)
and DD (18 mos)
The Following User Says Thank You to mammajohnson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammajohnson View Post
Are you referring to using a Rite-Aid Manu Q plus a Manu Q from like the Sunday papers? I couple these all the time. Sorry if this is not what you were asking...
Yes, thank you. That is EXACTLY what I was asking! I think I may have been missing out on some deals then!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPMOM View Post
Yes, thank you. That is EXACTLY what I was asking! I think I may have been missing out on some deals then!
Yes, you surely have been! :-( Sorry!!! This week I used their $5 off Colgate Q plus 5 Colgate Manu Q to get the product free. In the past, I also used about 10 of their $2 off Visine Q plus 10 manu Qs for $3 off and got the product for free...Hopefully you save lots now that you know this!!

Wifey to DH (5 yrs)

Mommy to DS (7)
and DD (4)
and DD (18 mos)
Old 07-10-2009, 10:58 AM

cheerful

My Mood/Status:
lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I'm wondering if anyone else has an email from RiteAid and if their corporate response is different than mine; it wouldn't surprise me if it was.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:22 AM

some people craft, some people play sports.....And...

thenewmrsrue has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thenewmrsrue has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thenewmrsrue has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thenewmrsrue has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thenewmrsrue has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thenewmrsrue has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
the q for the $5 of $25 actually states right on it that it must be submitted after all other coupons and discounts are applied. I'd like them to forget about that part, but don't be surprised if they start enforcing this....
, Makenna
, and Jordan
Old 07-10-2009, 12:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
sunnysky24 has posted more than 150 good deals!sunnysky24 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewmrsrue View Post
the q for the $5 of $25 actually states right on it that it must be submitted after all other coupons and discounts are applied. I'd like them to forget about that part, but don't be surprised if they start enforcing this....
*Coupon good through 7/31/09. This coupon can only be used towards one purchase which includes at least $25 of eligible product, sales tax not included. No cash can be given. This coupon is not valid on purchase of prescriptions, prescription co-pays, Medicare or Medicaid prescriptions, lottery tickets, tobacco, alcohol products, money orders, gift cards, prepaid cards, stamps, licenses, other mailing services, online purchases
or any other items excluded by law. May not be combined with any other offers. Limit one coupon per customer. v3

This is what my coupon says i see nothing about after coupons. This one expires 7/31/09
The Following User Says Thank You to sunnysky24 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2009, 12:41 PM

is a CVS addict!

My Mood/Status:
PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Mine says the same.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 PM

is addicted to AFC!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
viopacific has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!viopacific has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!viopacific has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!viopacific has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!viopacific has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!viopacific has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!viopacific has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
if RA starts down the same path that Wags has gone and is requiring totals after coupons to be $25, then i guess I won't be shopping at RA very much anymore. When Wags started requiring the $25 minimum, my shopping went down 90%. Instead of being in that store 4 or 5 times a week, I'm in there maybe once every two or three weeks!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
givemeadime has posted more than 50 good deals
I live in California, and I too had the same issue. The email that I rec'd was totally dif than yours . I wish I had kept It. Well I did make it really cleared that no where in the coupon does it say after all manufacture coupons haven been applied.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
sunnysky24 has posted more than 150 good deals!sunnysky24 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I just called twice . One Grumpy po'ed woman answered the first time and was obviously looking as to where she left her broom becasue now she has to find a new way to ride home. She said I dont kow ans there is no one here that does but I would think it is after the coupons. I said thank you and hit redial to getthis nice gentleman who was very funny (he must have been the one pranking the first lady and hid her broom) and said that is before all of those coupons, nice huh. I was like sure is thank you good bye. So I am not sure about this but I would like to get it writing even though my rite aid manager doesn't give a crap either way.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:22 PM

gingerweez has posted more than 100 good deals!gingerweez has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammajohnson View Post
OMG!! Do I feel like a dumbass. I know I have missed out on alot. I thought the Rite Aid manu Q where just plain ol' manu Q's! I had no idea what-so-ever that you could use both.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:32 PM

go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerweez View Post
OMG!! Do I feel like a dumbass. I know I have missed out on alot. I thought the Rite Aid manu Q where just plain ol' manu Q's! I had no idea what-so-ever that you could use both.

I was right there with you until I found AFC and now I'm sing a different tune!
But if they start $25 before $5 q U better believe me, I'll be at that point again!!!!

Sad part was my RA told me I could not use a Manu and their own Q
Old 07-11-2009, 11:38 AM

Mommy on a Mission

My Mood/Status:
mrj0308 has posted more than 200 great deals!mrj0308 has posted more than 200 great deals!mrj0308 has posted more than 200 great deals!
My store rings up my manf. coupons first which drops my total below $25, and then the 5/25 and it still takes the $5 off
Proud Mommy of Cole(my Autistic Angel) & Samantha
Old 07-11-2009, 04:03 PM

amwilson65 has posted more than 10 good deals
I just hand them the 5/25 coup first and then whip out the rest of my coups after the scan it. Never had a problem.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:14 PM

Back to reality

My Mood/Status:
karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubs1027 View Post

This boggles me because RA will be getting their 25.00, just from the manufacturers paying for the coupons, not me. That coupon brings me into that store, if mine stops taking the 5/25 before other coupons, then I will stop shopping there.

Similar to manufacturer's coupons, only one internet

To me, this sounds like a man coupon can be coupled with a man coupon from the RA circular. Any other takes on this statement?
It sure does sound like you can stack a manf and a manf q from the RA flier....hmmm this part I like.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:52 AM

pprogram

pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
rite aid often prints one of the store coupons that says manuf on it and then on the same item says to look for additional $xx savings in coupon from this week's paper

that is proof that they allow the usage of both types of coupons but sadly many stores are uneducated about this factor

p4 of this weeks ad 071209 offers the in ad coupon + the mauf coupon for the loreal preference hair color

save a copy of the actual ad for future reference

how do I add an attachment?

Last edited by pprogram; 07-14-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: example of above
Old 07-15-2009, 12:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
irishkatey has posted more than 10 good deals
Thank you soooooo much for posting this. I printed a copy and will carry it with me every time I visit a Rite Aid.