Rite Aid Closing Over A Hundred Stores

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 11:52 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Fyi Rite Aid Closing over a hundred stores

Well, it's on aol that Rite Aid is going to close over a hundred stores and is hurting financially. I liked Rite Aid until they became so annoying over coupons (limiting 1 coupon per type of item per purchase, etc.).

Rite Aid is the closest DS in my neighborhood and I have noticed that NO ONE SHOPS there.

Story does not say which stores will be closed.

Sad!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lamscot For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:19 PM

RE: Rite Aid Closing over a hundred stores

is rocking the Maize and Blue

My Mood/Status:
MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
RA was dumb enough to pay a ton for Brooks/Eckerd two years ago or so, and saddled themselves with a ton of debt right before the economy tanked. Now they are struggling to pay the debt back.

Last week, they refinanced almost $2 billion worth of debt (that would have matured in 2010, and that they probably weren't going to be able to repay otherwise).

So now they have a little bit more time to reorganize the company and get rid of bad stores. I believe that is what we are seeing right now, Iamscot.
The Following User Says Thank You to MichiganMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 01:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lamscot has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
You are right, they are paying for bad business decisions.

I also think they are paying for lousy coupon policies. If they could get us in the door...we would buy! But with stupid coupon policies...we're not going to shop there when WAGs or CVS is eager to accept our coupons.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:05 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sspunk has posted more than 300 great deals!sspunk has posted more than 300 great deals!sspunk has posted more than 300 great deals!sspunk has posted more than 300 great deals!
Link to story

Rite Aide's struggles continue; loses nearly $100 million in its first quarter
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sspunk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 04:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks sspunk! I am a newbie and 1. don't know how to add links and 2. Don't think I can yet...so thank you!
Old 06-25-2009, 04:41 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sspunk has posted more than 300 great deals!sspunk has posted more than 300 great deals!sspunk has posted more than 300 great deals!sspunk has posted more than 300 great deals!
You sure know how to make me BLUSH tho ..........

snicker

steve
The Following User Says Thank You to sspunk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 06:25 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
They already closed one of my local stores, he said they only had 15-30 ongoing prescriptions, they did transfer all of their employees to other stores. The store did keep marking $$ down, went down to 75% of their entire store, little by little until it was sold out. Keep an eye out for closing stores, I'm sorry to say.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wednesday For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 06:38 PM

lovin' the weather!!
has finished my 2nd coupon binder!!!!

My Mood/Status:
lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
They're building a new RA near me about 1/2 mile from another RA, but I think they're going to close that one bc it's so old looking and sad....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Dusty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Dallas
The Following User Says Thank You to lowride7 For This Useful Post: