New Rite Aid Coupon Policy?

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 11:40 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
kellyg403 has posted more than 300 great deals!kellyg403 has posted more than 300 great deals!kellyg403 has posted more than 300 great deals!kellyg403 has posted more than 300 great deals!
new rite aid coupon policy?

Went to Rite Aid this a.m. to look for a few clearance items you guys had been posting. Got 3 of the Loreal for men that were clearanced to 1.24, 24 cents after the 1 coupon, etc. When I got to the register the store manager was running it. She said that as of today's email, there would be no more buying more than one item of a particular kind with a coupon. She could do it in 3 transactions though1 Said that corporate said that buying more than one item and using a coupon with it is called 'coupon gaming'. Ok, so the end result of the conversation was I ended up doing three transactions. Each one with a Reach toothbrush for SCR and one Loreal for men with a coupon. I did say if this was Rite Aids way of making sure I didn't get anything for free they were pretty dumb. I paid exactly the same amount 3 times so I imagine that I would have paid the same amount in one transaction.

I am going to email corporate but really, I don't have time to make several trips to Rite Aid, I don't have the patience for several transactions when there is usually only one register open and 6 people in line behind me. I did ask her about the products that are bogo or bogo 50% would Rite Aid start making each item a percentage off so you could get the right amount off an individual order and she said no. So how the heck are you supposed to use coupons and buy two products that can only be bought together for sale? Totally totally frustrates me! I really wanted to buy some of the clearance makeup but I just left and gave up. I would have had to do 6 transactions for the 6 different items since the coupon was the same one, 1 off loreal makeup.

Kelly
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kellyg403 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 10:38 AM

RE: new rite aid coupon policy?

My Mood/Status:
SHarvey has posted more than 200 great deals!SHarvey has posted more than 200 great deals!SHarvey has posted more than 200 great deals!
I really do not think that is true. That is so funny because they get money for the coupons. I have had my store manager limit how much of somethings I have gotten before. Like I went to buy 12 pampers wipes before and she said no I could not buy that many. I asked where the sign was and she said I can limit how much. So she said she could sell me 6 of them so I said ok my husband will buy the other 6. I would just go to another cashier next time.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:20 PM

Loves A Great Deal!

My Mood/Status:
Slegos has posted more than 400 great deals!Slegos has posted more than 400 great deals!Slegos has posted more than 400 great deals!Slegos has posted more than 400 great deals!Slegos has posted more than 400 great deals!
I don't understand what the problem is with the retail stores not wanting to have their customers use coupons. If I went to RA and purchased 25 of an item at regular price are they going to stop me? So why should it be any different with a coupon? I had someone at Walgreens try to limit items that I wanted to purchase and I told her no, I asked to see her store policy and she couldn't produce it so she sold me the 10 shampoos. Coupons are there for everyone to use, if someone chooses not to, then that is their loss. Do you know if the store loses anything from cashing in q's?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Slegos For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2009, 06:35 PM

is surfing for the latest deals.

My Mood/Status:
dibbletn has posted more than 50 good deals
My Rite Aid has a new coupon policy this week too. They are only excepting 1 internet coupon per transaction. The Rite Aid $5 of of $25 counted as my 1 internet coupon!!! I was not happy. I dont think they can limit how many coupons you use unless it is an internet coupon. I would definitly question it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dibbletn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2009, 01:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
kellyg403 has posted more than 300 great deals!kellyg403 has posted more than 300 great deals!kellyg403 has posted more than 300 great deals!kellyg403 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slegos View Post
I don't understand what the problem is with the retail stores not wanting to have their customers use coupons. If I went to RA and purchased 25 of an item at regular price are they going to stop me? So why should it be any different with a coupon? I had someone at Walgreens try to limit items that I wanted to purchase and I told her no, I asked to see her store policy and she couldn't produce it so she sold me the 10 shampoos. Coupons are there for everyone to use, if someone chooses not to, then that is their loss. Do you know if the store loses anything from cashing in q's?
I am not sure what policy or how their coupons work. I know that I work at a grocery store and the process is simple. I do know that the cashier is responsible for making sure the coupon is for the right product/right quantity, not expired and is a manufacturer coupon and not another stores. After that we send ALL coupons in weekly (and yes, by then some are already expired) and we are credited from the clearinghouse/company in two weeks. Very rarely is the amount we turn in different than the amount we get credited. Recently a cashier took a Wag's coupon, the office person turned the key since it beeped and didn't pay attention since it was a Catalina and we figured we would be short that amount..didn't happen. We don't take those q's but we were not shorted that amount.

Kelly
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kellyg403 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2009, 01:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbletn View Post
My Rite Aid has a new coupon policy this week too. They are only excepting 1 internet coupon per transaction. The Rite Aid $5 of of $25 counted as my 1 internet coupon!!! I was not happy. I dont think they can limit how many coupons you use unless it is an internet coupon. I would definitly question it.
My Rite Aid has always had that policy. Again, it changed magically one day as I was standing at the register. I still think that the workers there know I use coupons and could be kind enough to say hey we had a change today in our policy, here you go. No, they wait until they have rung up your whole order and say 'hey guess what'. I always have my coupons visible and lay them on the counter with the products its not like they don't KNOW they are going to be scanning coupons. KWIM?

Kelly
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kellyg403 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2009, 03:45 PM

go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
This happen to me on Sun. I was so upset over the same problem at my RA I had the printable from RA shop smart and save big and the store manager told me that they could not even accept there own RA printable that had been emailed to me from RA b/c the RA stores does not accept any coupon over $5 limit. All the $5 coupons on it could be used, but not togther needed to be different transactions and the $25 on the Umbrellas could not be used at all. The up to $5 limit was on all transactions except the manufacturer's coupons from the newpaper and then you can use all you want.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to go girl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2009, 03:46 PM

go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!go girl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
This happen to me on Sun. I was so upset over the same problem at my RA I had the printable from RA shop smart and save big and the store manager told me that they could not even accept there own RA printable that had been emailed to me from RA b/c the RA stores does not accept any coupon over $5 limit. All the $5 coupons on it could be used, but not togther needed to be different transactions and the $25 on the Umbrellas could not be used at all. The up to $5 limit was on all transactions except the manufacturer's coupons from the newpaper and then you can use all you wanted.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to go girl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2009, 05:01 PM

loves AFC!!!!!

My Mood/Status:
princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg403 View Post
Went to Rite Aid this a.m. to look for a few clearance items you guys had been posting. Got 3 of the Loreal for men that were clearanced to 1.24, 24 cents after the 1 coupon, etc. When I got to the register the store manager was running it. She said that as of today's email, there would be no more buying more than one item of a particular kind with a coupon. She could do it in 3 transactions though1 Said that corporate said that buying more than one item and using a coupon with it is called 'coupon gaming'. Ok, so the end result of the conversation was I ended up doing three transactions. Each one with a Reach toothbrush for SCR and one Loreal for men with a coupon. I did say if this was Rite Aids way of making sure I didn't get anything for free they were pretty dumb. I paid exactly the same amount 3 times so I imagine that I would have paid the same amount in one transaction.

I am going to email corporate but really, I don't have time to make several trips to Rite Aid, I don't have the patience for several transactions when there is usually only one register open and 6 people in line behind me. I did ask her about the products that are bogo or bogo 50% would Rite Aid start making each item a percentage off so you could get the right amount off an individual order and she said no. So how the heck are you supposed to use coupons and buy two products that can only be bought together for sale? Totally totally frustrates me! I really wanted to buy some of the clearance makeup but I just left and gave up. I would have had to do 6 transactions for the 6 different items since the coupon was the same one, 1 off loreal makeup.

Kelly
Kelly, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I would email corporate about that and ask that they send it to you via email so you may have a copy and see for yourself (and for the rest of us . I think too it all depends on your store...some are more customer/couopn friendly than others. Don't let them frustrate you...if you want to buy 12 toothbrushes or 12 bottles of shampoo, then you do that and let them ring you up for 12 transactions. I have a feeling that once that line gets about six people deep and those customers are huffing and puffing...those transactions will get combined quickly. I'm very fortunate that my RA always welcomes my business and my coupons. HTH!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Mom to Austin, 14
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Garfield, 4
and our newest addition Benji BigFoot
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princesslorie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 01:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
I actually emailed customer service on Sat night after I stewed a bit. I have not heard back from them. If I don't hear back by this evening I am going to write them another email. That is all I asked for from them, a current coupon policy and an answer as to why something couldn't be posted so I am not embarrassed when I get to the registers or have to hold up other people.

Kelly
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kellyg403 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 02:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
PittsGirl has posted more than 200 great deals!PittsGirl has posted more than 200 great deals!PittsGirl has posted more than 200 great deals!
I just had the same problem with them only accepting 1 internet printed coupon also - I could only use the $5 off $25. I had Wal-Mart price match. I wrote to RA about it told them how they just lost money & requested a written copy of their coupon policy. I have not heard back from them yet.

They are getting absolutely ridiculous lately.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PittsGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 04:58 AM

?
SHOPPING GODDESS & SMART WITH THE $$$

My Mood/Status:
Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
In this economy why on earth would Rite Aid stop anyone from using Q's that they get reimbursed for and put a limit on anything someone tries to take out of the store.....???
Geeze, it makes no sense to me and I think there is alot of confusion on the cashier's part on the use of Q's and some even make up their own rules.......NOT GOOD BUSINESS.

Rite Aid isn't exactly on the top of the heap when it comes to reetailers/drugstores either, it is kinda like shooting yourself in the foot, again and again and again............
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Qponsue62 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 05:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
kdebeve has posted more than 50 good deals
The local rite aids here never started accepting internet printed coupons in the beginning, so they cant change it up much on me right now. The only IP's they accept is those that have the rite aid logo on them. Kind of a PITA, but at least I never got used to getting to use them, then getting shot down. I think it would be in RA's best interest to start taking the IP's considering they have a Wag's opening in a couple weeks right next door.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kdebeve For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 07:24 AM

Granny1218 has posted more than 150 good deals!Granny1218 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Riteaid

I have had no problem yet at my RA in SC and the managers have always been helpful with my using coupons. The manager told me that they do not get that many people who use lots of Q's. But what he told me last week was that he had a memo from Corp. that corp. might have to limit the use of IP's completely due to the number that they have received that were fraulant ones. So it looks like they have lost money on coupon useage due to those who makes copies and then they get rejected at the coupon processing place.
The Following User Says Thank You to Granny1218 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 12:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
PittsGirl has posted more than 200 great deals!PittsGirl has posted more than 200 great deals!PittsGirl has posted more than 200 great deals!
Got a response from RA:

Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Whomever you spoke with over
the phone, was correct. The coupon policy was changed in March and again
revised in early May to allow internet coupons (no limit).

Rite Aid's Coupon Policy is as follows; Coupons, and their face value,
cannot be exchanged for cash. Front-end competitor coupons will not be
honored at Rite Aid. Coupons are to have a valid expiration date, those that
are expired or ineligible will be returned to the customer.

Rite Aid will accept internet coupons up to the equivalent value of $5.00
off. No more than one internet coupon permitted per sale transaction.
Internet coupons must have a valid barcode that scans successfully into the
register; manual entry is not permitted. *As of 5/08/09, based on customer
feedback, we have modified our policy to allow more than one internet coupon
per transaction.

Only one manufacturer's coupon is accepted for each product, unless coupled
with a manufacturer's or valuable coupon found in a Rite Aid circular.

Coupons may not be reproduced, photocopied, trimmed or altered in any way by
the customer or Rite Aid associate.

Carrie
Customer Support
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PittsGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg403 View Post
I actually emailed customer service on Sat night after I stewed a bit. I have not heard back from them. If I don't hear back by this evening I am going to write them another email. That is all I asked for from them, a current coupon policy and an answer as to why something couldn't be posted so I am not embarrassed when I get to the registers or have to hold up other people.

Kelly
I have sent them 2 already about my experience and still have not gotten any replies back. I surely hope that it's b/c their system is loaded down with unhappy consumers requesting for them to supply this very same information.
I am just about ready to write every Manufacturer that has put IP (that I use) and tell them that RA will refuse their coupons unless of course, you want to stand in line to multitudinous transactions.
Hey AFC'ers does that sound mean of me? Need your opinion????????
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to go girl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsGirl View Post
Got a response from RA:

Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Whomever you spoke with over
the phone, was correct. The coupon policy was changed in March and again
revised in early May to allow internet coupons (no limit).

Rite Aid's Coupon Policy is as follows; Coupons, and their face value,
cannot be exchanged for cash. Front-end competitor coupons will not be
honored at Rite Aid. Coupons are to have a valid expiration date, those that
are expired or ineligible will be returned to the customer.

Rite Aid will accept internet coupons up to the equivalent value of $5.00
off. No more than one internet coupon permitted per sale transaction.
Internet coupons must have a valid barcode that scans successfully into the
register; manual entry is not permitted. *As of 5/08/09, based on customer
feedback, we have modified our policy to allow more than one internet coupon
per transaction.

Only one manufacturer's coupon is accepted for each product, unless coupled
with a manufacturer's or valuable coupon found in a Rite Aid circular.

Coupons may not be reproduced, photocopied, trimmed or altered in any way by
the customer or Rite Aid associate.

Carrie
Customer Support
Thank you for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile :
This is good news in my opinion b/c now only if they will e-mail me with the same info so I can take it right back with me to RA and not be embrassed and talked to like an idiot and still get the rebates on their program.
Then I'll take my business to another RA even tho that one is father from me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to go girl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 01:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
I plan on stopping at the same RA tonight that denied me the other day. I will have more than 1 internet coupon . . .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PittsGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 06:20 AM

Gonna Go Krogering

My Mood/Status:
deetles1762 has posted more than 100 good deals!deetles1762 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Here is the story I got yesterday from my local RA, was purchasing 4 Mentos on sale for $1.00, using 4 $1 coupons. As soon as I hit the register and she saw my coupons, she said something about mass coupon clippers, and then we just got a memo about that. Then proceeded to tell me that Mentos would only reimburse for 1 coupon per day, per item and if they took all 4 of mine they would lose money. They could not do 4 transactions, because Mentos would know. If I wanted to use all 4 she suggested that I come in once per day for the next 3 days, she said Mentos wouldn't know then. How funny is that. I think I will just go to Giant Eagle once and use the other 3 at the same time. What exactly is a Mass Coupon Clipper.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deetles1762 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 06:40 AM

loves being a sahm!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow! This is why I rarely shop at RA anymore! The policy I posted in the sticky was sent to me AFTER March, so their corp structure must be having some issues. I am gong to email them as well. This is really disappointing . No wonder they are losing money while CVS is doing so well. Thanks for posting this response Pitsgirl!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
I did do exactly as I said and went last nite with more than one internet coupon. They tried to tell me only 1 until I pulled out a copy of the email from corporate. She said they were never sent that policy so I told her to keep my email copy and I would just print another one. Was able to use all my coupons after that and a friend of mine went in later and had no problems using multiple IPs. So hopefully I have made it a little easier to shop at my local RA for other couponers in the area!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PittsGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 07:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
Ajsh2 has posted more than 150 good deals!Ajsh2 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Riteaid

Thx you all for ur inputs... even cashier also got confused by the changeing q's policy day by day... at my riteaid one cashier said she cann't use the internet coupon it don't have RA logo on it I asked can you call ur manager and ask her. manager said yes now we can use them than cashier trun to her and said "You never told me that its so confusing " and I was liketold you so.......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ajsh2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsGirl View Post
I did do exactly as I said and went last nite with more than one internet coupon. They tried to tell me only 1 until I pulled out a copy of the email from corporate. She said they were never sent that policy so I told her to keep my email copy and I would just print another one. Was able to use all my coupons after that and a friend of mine went in later and had no problems using multiple IPs. So hopefully I have made it a little easier to shop at my local RA for other couponers in the area!

I would be curious to see if it was a different cashier today what kinda answer they would give to you.
Sames from reading all the experiences same to change everyday.

Still waiting for my Corp. letter response!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to go girl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 AM

Good question dettles1762

What is a mass coupon clippers? Gee, I wish you would have aksed the cashier to clarify what she meant by that? and who is a mass coupon clipper? I assume you had the q's from RP for your mentos not an IP? Soooo is RA now wanting no one to be able to pinch a dollar or what? These are legit coupons and we are not doing anything illegal to use them on the products we purchase.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to go girl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 09:58 AM

Gonna Go Krogering

My Mood/Status:
deetles1762 has posted more than 100 good deals!deetles1762 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I was actually dumbfounded when she said it and yes they were the ones from RP. And actually I went to the other RA here after that (in search of the umbrella deal) and used 2 of the Mentos and never had a problem. The cashier there must not of got the MEMO about a Mass Coupon Clipper. She was amazed at the $25 coupon for the umbrella and the $5 off 50, to get the umbrella free.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deetles1762 For This Useful Post: