What To Buy At BJs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

susiedbc has posted more than 10 good deals
Question What to buy at BJs?

I have a coupon for a free trial membership that I'm going to use. What do you like to buy from BJs? I'm looking for both good deals and items that are unique to BJs that you enjoy.

Thanks!!

Last edited by susiedbc; 06-15-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to susiedbc For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 01:00 PM

RE: What to buy at BJs?

busy mommy

My Mood/Status:
horseracingjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!horseracingjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!horseracingjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!horseracingjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!horseracingjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!horseracingjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!horseracingjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Make sure you read the coupon,BJ is now charging a fee on everything you buy with the free trial.Something like a 10% fee.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
William born Dec.10,2010
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to horseracingjen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 01:03 PM

susiedbc has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseracingjen View Post
Make sure you read the coupon,BJ is now charging a fee on everything you buy with the free trial.Something like a 10% fee.
Wow. I had no idea. Thank you so much for letting me know. I guess I won't be taking advantage of that "deal"!!

Sue
The Following User Says Thank You to susiedbc For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Wanna Be a Coupon Queen :-)

OrganicMommy has posted more than 25 good deals

I get several items at BJ's I like. I love their organic pizzas-very good-the Spinach Feta and Margerhita I believe it is-very good. They also have a big box of chicken nuggets that are all natural with omega's in them so I love those. I really only get several items there. I get my hubby's razorblades there and some other items but those are 2 of my favorites :-) HTH
Connie

The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicMommy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 06:11 AM

:-)
AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
It's probably too late for the OP, but in case anyone else is looking... there was an online free trial membership offer that was a printable that did not tack on the extra "non-member" fees. You would pay as if you were a regular member. But, yes, like a PP said, check the fine print b/c most of their trial membership offers do have that fee stipulation.
The Following User Says Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 08:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
The "Free 60-day Pass" can be activated until July 6, 2009. I'm heading there this weekend to sign up so I can use the Pampers, Luvs, and BJs brand diapers coupons that came in the June Baby Edition Savings Book. I also have Pampers Qs to use with the BJs Pampers Qs. I'm sure it won't be as good a deal as the CVS Pampers deal a few weeks ago, but it'll be a descent deal. Oh, there's no mention of an extra 10% fee for the trial membership. I've used trial memberships in the past and have never paid an additional 10% fee (or any fee, for that matter).
The Following User Says Thank You to theadrienne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 08:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
xoxo4debbie has posted more than 50 good deals
i get diapers and all of their cards, stationary, gift wrap is 50%off....go to the front desk for coupons when you get there!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:53 AM

AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theadrienne View Post
The "Free 60-day Pass" can be activated until July 6, 2009. I'm heading there this weekend to sign up so I can use the Pampers, Luvs, and BJs brand diapers coupons that came in the June Baby Edition Savings Book. I also have Pampers Qs to use with the BJs Pampers Qs. I'm sure it won't be as good a deal as the CVS Pampers deal a few weeks ago, but it'll be a descent deal. Oh, there's no mention of an extra 10% fee for the trial membership. I've used trial memberships in the past and have never paid an additional 10% fee (or any fee, for that matter).
adrienne - I typically get our diapers there, too, when they have a good Pamper's coupon. I always find it hard to get enough jumbo packs at other stores when there's a good sale. Same thing with wipes. We use Huggies wipes and even though I can get good deals on tubs sometimes, I can't get enough tubs for the amount of wipes we go through. If you ever need anything from the BJ's mailers, send me a pm.
The Following User Says Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theadrienne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sar1 View Post
adrienne - I typically get our diapers there, too, when they have a good Pamper's coupon. I always find it hard to get enough jumbo packs at other stores when there's a good sale. Same thing with wipes. We use Huggies wipes and even though I can get good deals on tubs sometimes, I can't get enough tubs for the amount of wipes we go through. If you ever need anything from the BJ's mailers, send me a pm.

Ditto on the diapers and wipes. I just traded for two $5 Pampers Qs, so I hope they get here in time before the $5 & $4 BJs Pampers Qs expire. Also, right back at ya if you're in need of any BJs mailers too.
The Following User Says Thank You to theadrienne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2009, 11:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
llhomm1065 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!llhomm1065 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!llhomm1065 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!llhomm1065 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!llhomm1065 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!llhomm1065 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!llhomm1065 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Bunch of bannas - $1.13ish
Whole Milk, 1 gallon - $2.50
BJ's hamburger and hotdog rolls, 12 rolls for $1.99.
Bjs two loaves bread - ?
Zeppy's Bagels - 12 huge - $3.49
BJ's kitty litter - 40lb - $8.99
2 dozen eggs - $2.79

I buy fruits and veggies sometimes also depending on price they are usually a good deal.
and a
Old 09-06-2009, 02:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
mysterysinc has posted more than 75 good deals!
I buy the Hamb/Hot rolls also.

The single most important buy for me is Polly-O Mozzarella which is 5.69 for 2 lbs.

As far as items I cannot find anywhere else: I love their mushroom antipasto...it is about 5.99 and is heavenly when cooked with chicken cutlets on the grill.

Every time we go, I pick up a package of hamburger patties, a package of individually frozen chix cutlets, (comes to about $2. a lb.) and a package of turkey burgers, which are delicious. I may live in NY, but we BBQ even in the snow!

The bulk chopmeat is always priced low, so I generally buy that for my meatballs. It goes without saying, I also buy the 6 pack of 28oz. chopped tomatoes, which just went up to $6.29. I don't always have time to wait for a sale because of the amount of sauce I make, so a buck a can is good for me!

I also buy my paperbacks there...they are pretty cheap...a normal 7.99 book will run about 4.99.

Last edited by mysterysinc; 09-06-2009 at 02:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mysterysinc For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2009, 08:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I get a lot savings at BJ's gas. Luckily my BJ's has the gas station! Their price is usually 5-10 cents less per gallon than at my Shell and others, sometimes might be even more!!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:24 AM

Helena68

My Mood/Status:
Helena68 has posted more than 300 great deals!Helena68 has posted more than 300 great deals!Helena68 has posted more than 300 great deals!Helena68 has posted more than 300 great deals!
My son is a butcher at Bjs and I've started buying some of my meats there. and they are very good .I used to purchase their frozen sirloin patties (huge) but have switched to fresh they are beautiful and do not shrink my son will call me and tell me when they discounted them so I pick up many that way. Their pork tenderloin is always priced low and is excellent. I also always get the big bag of tyson chicken tenders because its a good price and there are always coupons out there. I buy all my books and cards there very good prices.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:27 AM

Is couponing to her little heart's content....

My Mood/Status:
eva56 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!eva56 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!eva56 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!eva56 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!eva56 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!eva56 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I try to buy any magazines that I may be interested in at my BJs!! They even discount them! I especially love the recipe magazines that they sell there! Have fun and enjoy!!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
candyc1 has posted more than 25 good deals
Smile

At Bj's, I like to buy paper towels, cat liter, uncrustables (for school lunches), and snacks. I find that once I start buying a specific item there that I really, really like, they stop carrying the item. It's very annoying!
I got a great deal Sunday on the Frebreeze plug in fall scent warmer unit. They are $4.49 per warmer unit and this week in the Sunday paper in the P&G insert, there was a coupon for $4 off. So I bought three papers and bought three warmer units and got them for $.49 each.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 AM

is getting better at this!
Baby #2 is here :)

My Mood/Status:
crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Meat is generally a good price at Bj's, and I got the membership just for the savings on Baby formula alone! Plus, diapers and wipes are cheap there too, and they usually have those Qs in the mailer that you can stack. I find the baby clothes there cheap (carter's for less than Kohl's clearance sometimes!), swiffer refills, and hamburger/hot dog rolls. And if you need to purchase something big- our flat screen tv was cheaper at BJ's than all the other places we checked. Places like Bj's aren't good for a lot of grocery items (which can be cheaper at my grocery store with doubled Qs) but some things you never get Qs for, and then Bj's is the place!
The Following User Says Thank You to crissy148 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2009, 08:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Toys are sometimes cheaper. I just bought my daughter a new toy from Leapfrog that I haven't seen in any sales in any other stores and it was $4-5 less than in Target or Amazon. Plus I used a coupons as well so I got a good deal
Old 10-07-2009, 06:47 AM

vicky08 has posted more than 10 good deals
they have febreze starter kits 4.49 -4.00 coupon =49cents
Old 10-11-2009, 09:08 PM

hpolochick has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hpolochick has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hpolochick has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hpolochick has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hpolochick has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hpolochick has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hpolochick has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hpolochick has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hpolochick has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hpolochick has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
diapers and LOL cheese, among other things!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:48 PM

trance2tec
The best deals on grocery items I've noticed are frozen stuff like seafood and especially veggies.

Items like sauces (jars) and pasta and what not, way over priced. Oftentimes the store brands at places like Super Target are much cheaper than the "name" brands offered at BJ's, for instance, you can get boxed rice at Target for 79 cents, you'll pay $1.89 at BJ's for the "name brand" equivalent.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
CheeseCake1 has posted more than 25 good deals
I do not buy anything there. There is just two of us and the sizes are to big.
There is a very small deli counter here.

Carol in Connecticut
Old 10-18-2009, 08:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
I went to BJ's this week and was pleasantly surprised! 2 lbs bag of shredded cheese that used to be $6-7 was now $3.99!!! Hopefully that's the price next time too!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MomToC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2009, 08:47 AM

AFC Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToC View Post
I went to BJ's this week and was pleasantly surprised! 2 lbs bag of shredded cheese that used to be $6-7 was now $3.99!!! Hopefully that's the price next time too!!
MomToC - what brand was it? I remember checking prices on that last year and the Wellesley Farms brand was actually more expensive than Kraft. Isn't Wellesley Farms a BJ's brand? Anyway, thanks for posting the price change. That's a decent price. I've found it for less per pound on really good sales and double coupons, but not that often.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:37 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
The best deal I have found at BJ's is their 93/7 hamburger meat. If you purchase a 5 lb or larger package it is $ 2.89 per lb. can't beat that price for that lean of meat and it is really good. I bring it home and put it in smaller packages and freeze it.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sar1 View Post
MomToC - what brand was it? I remember checking prices on that last year and the Wellesley Farms brand was actually more expensive than Kraft. Isn't Wellesley Farms a BJ's brand? Anyway, thanks for posting the price change. That's a decent price. I've found it for less per pound on really good sales and double coupons, but not that often.
Yes, it was Wellesley Farms' cheese. Kraft has always been more expensive at my BJ's and now this price for Wellesley makes my cheese even more cheaper .
The Following User Says Thank You to MomToC For This Useful Post: