Raincheck Policy? (Long--sorry!!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Woo Hoo For the Weekend!!

My Mood/Status:
phantomj_99 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!phantomj_99 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!phantomj_99 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!phantomj_99 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!phantomj_99 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!phantomj_99 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!phantomj_99 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!phantomj_99 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Raincheck Policy? (Long--sorry!!)

Does CVS have a standing raincheck policy? If so does anyone have it?

This has been bugging me for a few days and thinking of having to go to CVS in the rain with my three DS is like pouring alcohol in a cut!!

Here is what happened (I will try to keep it simple...)

I stopped at my favorite CVS in the town where I go to college to try and finish the razor deal. I only had gotten one, I am in town on Tues. & Thurs. for school--and didn't want to have to go anywhere this weekend. (boys are going fishing and to a party)

That CVS had no razors so I thought I would stop at the other store in another town I have to go to on my way home. (I am about 30 miles from this CVS; 35 from my favorite CVS.)

They have not one razor.

I ask for a raincheck. The cashier (who I have never had trouble w/) tells me she has to check w/ the shift supervisor (who I have also never had trouble w/).

Shift Supervisor says I can't have a raincheck and blames the store manager. I ask why. She says because it is only Thursday and they get a truck in on Friday. (I bit my tongue because CVS is notorious for NEVER having enough product and I doubted they would even get enough on the truck!)

I try to explain that I don't live in that town (I told them I live in AL--we were in GA) and to come back another day would constitute a special trip. She again goes back to blaming the manager. She did offer to hold four for me when the truck came in until I could get there on Friday. I told her that I wasn't going to be hauling my kids after I had worked all day just to get razors--I shouldn't have to make a special trip anyhow that it wasn't my fault that on the day I am in the store to shop they didn't have what I wanted and they advertised. I had trouble about 8 months or so ago w/ a raincheck on a two day sale so I told them that and reminded them how I went and called and got my raincheck. She told me to call because I wouldn't be getting a raincheck from her.

So I go to my van and call the 800 number from my cell phone. The lady starts off real nice. Tells me that I am correct--I should be able to get a raincheck and tells me that she will call the store. (This is what they did during the two day sale.)

I am on hold for about five minutes (I don't mind because I want the raincheck.) I don't know what happened when she called the store but she came back with a VERY different demeanor. She told me that she had spoken w/ the shift supervisor and they were instructed by the store manager not to issue rainchecks and that there was nothing further that she could do because she couldn't force them to write a raincheck.

This just totally irked me because they have "forced" them to write a raincheck in the past--hey if it's policy it's policy. I don't know if it was because it was almost 90 degrees and HUMID as all get out or that I hadn't ate anything all day or maybe both but I got very mad very fast.

I told this lady that CVS is not my mother nor are they my father. They are not going to tell me on which days I am entitled to shop. She told me that she would be happy to call another CVS and see if they had the item. I told her that to go to any other CVS would also constitute a special trip out of my way. She actually told me that she doubted it. I told her to look up the stores around my house. 30+ miles to Auburn, 30+ miles to Carrollton, GA and about 25 miles to La Grange, GA. Each one of those would be a special trip that I shouldn't have to make. I told her how I go to school Tues & Thurs and my kids are in school and those are the days I like to shop. To go during the week would mean I take the kids after I get off at 5 or I have to go w/ all of them on the weekend. Then she said, again, that she would be happy to call another CVS. That really just fueled my fire. I asked her if she was even listening to what I was telling her. I told her to please just have a District Manager call me. (I figure it would do any good to speak w/ the store manager since she is who is at the root of this mess). She said that she would "note" that and I should be contacted w/i two days.

The store manager called me yesterday while I was at work so I didn't get to talk to her. Still not hair nor hide of the District Manger.

I emailed them when I got home just to be certain the point got across because I am not too sure about that crazy lady I talked to when I called.

I also sent them a separate email because my ECB didn't print on the Mars deal even though I clearly had enough purchased on my ticket.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and (7 yrs)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phantomj_99 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-16-2009, 12:51 PM

RE: Raincheck Policy? (Long--sorry!!)

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

RobinFabulous has posted more than 25 good deals
I can't PM yet, but it sounds like you live pretty close to me. If you want to PM me I can see about getting you a raincheck and mailing it to you. Have you tried Columbus, GA? Not sure how far it is for you, but we have about 6 CVS and I rarely have trouble getting my items
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RobinFabulous For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 01:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
lmg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lmg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lmg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lmg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lmg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lmg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lmg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lmg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lmg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lmg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinFabulous View Post
I can't PM yet, but it sounds like you live pretty close to me. If you want to PM me I can see about getting you a raincheck and mailing it to you. Have you tried Columbus, GA? Not sure how far it is for you, but we have about 6 CVS and I rarely have trouble getting my items
Sorry off topic but it is so nice of u to help her. people like u make this world a better place to live.
The Following User Says Thank You to lmg For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 04:25 PM

Wonkiness Abounds
AFC Star Member

Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
There is a store here where the manager will gladly give a raincheck for the sale price of an item but will refuse to give any ECBs for the item. In the case of the razor, she'd gladly write the raincheck for $8.99 but that's it. She has instructed her employees that no ECBs are to be printed from raincheck items. She also won't give rainchecks on 2 or 3 day sale items.

Since managers have discretion on raincheck writing and coupon redemption, I've just found it easier to avoid her store. She loses out on my business and it's her bottom line that suffers in the long run.

Contact the DM just to get his take on what the raincheck policy is for the store. If he supports the store manager's position of no rainchecks, ask the DM how customers are supposed to feel good about shopping at his CVS stores when there are only 3 or 4 of an advertised item in stock and those sell out in the first day. Remind him that rainchecks bring customers back into the store and they're likely to buy other items -- to have a manager in his district who is grinch about rainchecks should also make him wonder what other customer relations issues the manager is failing at.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Madmurphy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 AM

is lost somewhere in her stockpile.....
CVS-aholic

mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you still need a raincheck, please PM me with your address. I have an extra raincheck for the razors (I often get multiples in case someone else needs one) that I will be glad to send to you.

BY LAW they are supposed to either write you a raincheck or offer you a substitution. If they are out of an ADVERTISED SALE ITEM, there is a law that says that they have to give you that sale in one form or another. (not sure if this is a federal law or if it is by state, though) Sometimes it takes you pointing that fact out for them to comply. But even then, like MadMurphy said, they might try to refuse to account for the ECBs and try to write you a raincheck for only the sale price. BUT CVS changed their rainchecks not too long ago to include space for them to write in ECB info so that you can get your ECBs at a later date, so they should know that they CAN do it, it's just a matter of them not WANTING to do it for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsfloyd For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2009, 01:14 PM

Cheapie has posted more than 200 great deals!Cheapie has posted more than 200 great deals!Cheapie has posted more than 200 great deals!
Wow! The way they deal with their customers is just WRONG! I hope you get this resolved to your advantage! Idjiots!

I'm pretty new to "CVSing" but I am starting to love my stores! I used the $2.89 RCs for the Edge Shave Gel last week and instead of getting $2.89 ECBs, both stores that I went to pushed through $3 ECBs! Talk about nice! And they love to tell you how many ECBs and coupons you are getting back.

I agree with the others ... that manager just didn't WANT to do it. I have no idea where employees get the idea that stores are loosing a lot of money buy doing these deals. There are way more people that don't use coupons and don't even look at ads to get sale prices. They will always make money!

Good luck!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MommyofJack has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapie View Post
I'm pretty new to "CVSing" but I am starting to love my stores! I used the $2.89 RCs for the Edge Shave Gel last week and instead of getting $2.89 ECBs, both stores that I went to pushed through $3 ECBs! Talk about nice! And they love to tell you how many ECBs and coupons you are getting back.
I was told by an employee that this is the policy for ECB on raincheck items. The mgr. of one of our local stores had the idea for the new rainchecks and took it to the corporate folks--Viola! New raincheck system! Anyway, according to the cashier I talked to, the system is set up to only enter whole dollar amounts and they always round up. So if your raincheck is on an item that is $3.89 w/$3.89 ECB, they will give you back $4 in ECB. Cool, huh??? I asked why CVS would do that (give more money than necessary) and the employee said, "Corporate told us, 'We're a billion-dollar company. We're not going to lose sleep over a few pennies, especially if it means the customer is happy.' " Sure wish the corporate executives at CVS would give some lessons to the "powers that be" over at Walgreens!

src="http://img.afullcup.com/images/smilies/compute-9.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Compute 9" class="inlineimg" />
The Following User Says Thank You to MommyofJack For This Useful Post: