Bad Wags Experience- Help

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:00 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
viss has posted more than 50 good deals
Bad wags experience- Help

I've read about bad experiences everyone on the forum have had and I knew my day would come. It did Saturday. My daughter made her purchase first and no RR's were printed. He called for the manager and proceeded to check me out. I told him I should be recieving some also and he said the manager would take care of it. I purchased a bayer meter, 2 bottles of pert shampoo and a clorox bleach. I used my coupons on the meter and one for each shampoo and a $2 RR. No print outs of RRs. The manager didnt answer the page. The clerk paged him 4 more times and he never responded. Finally after 10 minutes he called someone and asked them to go outside and get him. (he was out back smoking) When he finally came he told me no you wont get any because you used manufacturer coupons. I told him this was not true and explained the catalina machine must not be working. He said this is how he was trained. I asked him to open the other register and try. He wasnt happy about it but did and said it would not print. Guess what, it did. He said it was broken. I explained how catalina machines actually worked and he insisted I was wrong. I informed him I have shopped at many walgreens in a 30 miles radius and all the machines must be broke and he has the only "one" that works. Even though one machine printed and one didnt he wouldnt give me the RR's.
Any suggestions.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to viss For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-11-2009, 06:07 PM

RE: Bad wags experience- Help

always happy to see great deals

My Mood/Status:
vaneska has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vaneska has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vaneska has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vaneska has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vaneska has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vaneska has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vaneska has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vaneska has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vaneska has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vaneska has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
That evil mgr shuld be the twin of my wags store manager.....
Old 05-11-2009, 06:10 PM

Praise God!
I heart AFC!

My Mood/Status:
BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Not to make light of your experience, but that excuse was too funny. Oh yes, that catalina machine printed out the RR because it was BROKEN! I've had Wags managers tell me some weird things, but that's definately a new one!
You could send a nicely worded email to corporate suggesting that the manager be retrained on how catalina machines actually do work, but it may not do any good. If he wasn't overtly rude, I would probably just let it go.

ETA: Oops, I just reread your post. He didn't give you your RR's? Then yes, you should contact corporate. If they printed out, he doesn't have the right to keep them. I believe that is a huge no-no.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, mama of Sean
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to BridgetV For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2009, 06:15 PM

:)
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
That's horrible! I don't know what kind of power trip these people get trying to not let the customers get what the rightfully deserve!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2009, 06:22 PM

xxxprettyvacantxxx has posted more than 400 great deals!xxxprettyvacantxxx has posted more than 400 great deals!xxxprettyvacantxxx has posted more than 400 great deals!xxxprettyvacantxxx has posted more than 400 great deals!xxxprettyvacantxxx has posted more than 400 great deals!
Oh that is horrible! I would either email customer service or call corporate. He had no right to keep your RRs. I hope you got his name so you know who to say it was that did that. What a jerk he was. I am sorry you had such a bad experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viss View Post
I've read about bad experiences everyone on the forum have had and I knew my day would come. It did Saturday. My daughter made her purchase first and no RR's were printed. He called for the manager and proceeded to check me out. I told him I should be recieving some also and he said the manager would take care of it. I purchased a bayer meter, 2 bottles of pert shampoo and a clorox bleach. I used my coupons on the meter and one for each shampoo and a $2 RR. No print outs of RRs. The manager didnt answer the page. The clerk paged him 4 more times and he never responded. Finally after 10 minutes he called someone and asked them to go outside and get him. (he was out back smoking) When he finally came he told me no you wont get any because you used manufacturer coupons. I told him this was not true and explained the catalina machine must not be working. He said this is how he was trained. I asked him to open the other register and try. He wasnt happy about it but did and said it would not print. Guess what, it did. He said it was broken. I explained how catalina machines actually worked and he insisted I was wrong. I informed him I have shopped at many walgreens in a 30 miles radius and all the machines must be broke and he has the only "one" that works. Even though one machine printed and one didnt he wouldnt give me the RR's.
Any suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxxprettyvacantxxx For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 PM

:)
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I didn't even catch that. He kept the RR's that printed out? That is horrible!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:38 PM

Every storage space is stuffed!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bearlyhere_again has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bearlyhere_again has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bearlyhere_again has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bearlyhere_again has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bearlyhere_again has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bearlyhere_again has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bearlyhere_again has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bearlyhere_again has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bearlyhere_again has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bearlyhere_again has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I would have given him the items back and took the Qs back. Sorry you had issues with him.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Contact corporate. I actually suggest calling vs. emailing, I had to call today and got a response within 3 hours.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
pcomsec has posted more than 300 great deals!pcomsec has posted more than 300 great deals!pcomsec has posted more than 300 great deals!pcomsec has posted more than 300 great deals!
I too suggest calling corporate.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:54 PM

cwoodard has posted more than 10 good deals
You should call and complain!! I used to work for retail that used catalina machine, and if it prints its not broken, unless he had the machine in test mode and then that is done by a service tech from catalina, and if management is keeping the rr or coupons for them self then that is consider stealing or as my store called it a type of coupon fraud.
The Following User Says Thank You to cwoodard For This Useful Post: