EBAY CRACK DOWN On EXCESSIVE S/H CHARGES!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2006, 03:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
EBAY CRACK DOWN on EXCESSIVE S/H CHARGES!

I just got this in my e-mail box...i really HOPE they can clean out the ones that have been ripping people off with the HIGH price of shipping for $$$ in their pockets!

Hi. This is Sarah Brubacher from eBay's Global Policy team in Trust & Safety. At eBay Live! Bill Cobb announced that, as of June 19th, eBay is taking a much stronger stand against excessive Shipping & Handling charges. (Read Bill's original AB post from the event.)
In addition to stepping up enforcement against egregious violations, we have made some clarifications to our Excessive Shipping & Handling policy. The changes outline the types of charges sellers may pass on to the buyer in the form of shipping and handling. They also provide guidelines that sellers can use to make sure their listings are in compliance with the policy. Simply stated, sellers can feel confident they are in compliance by charging actual shipping fees plus actual costs for packaging materials.

As Bill mentioned, our Community has told us and our research confirms -- excessive shipping prices drive buyers from our site. This hurts the entire marketplace. These unfair charges also un-level the playing field, allowing some sellers to hide their costs in the shipping charges to manipulate their priority in search. In the coming months, we will be proactively looking for listings that are in violation of our policy, and we'll be following up on member reports. Please know that it will take some time to clean up the marketplace, but your help and cooperation, we can regain buyer trust and re-level the playing field for the vast majority of honest sellers.

Thank you to those of you who have been reporting examples of excessive shipping that you see on our site. It is only through working together that we will make an impact on this issue.

If you would like to read further about this policy, please visit the Excessive Shipping Charges Policy page.

Sincerely,

Sarah Brubacher
Global Trust & Safety Policy Team
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:44 PM

RE: EBAY CRACK DOWN on EXCESSIVE S/H CHARGES!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

2pocketpaks has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!2pocketpaks has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!2pocketpaks has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!2pocketpaks has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!2pocketpaks has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!2pocketpaks has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
It's about time!!! The very last auction that I won... 3 pairs of shorts...she charged me $10.00 for shipping...supposedly for priority mail...but when I got the item, she sent it parcel post and the sticker on it said $2.85! what a crock!!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!skyesgranny has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
HOOOOOOOOOOOO-RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I can go one better on excessive shipping charges. I bought some capris from a gal in Canada who charged $25.00 just for shipping. The actual postage displayed on the package was $12.50! After looking at all the high shipping/handling charges and some of the reasons given for them by sellers, I was beginning to feel downright stupid because all I charged was the actual cost of the postage. I save packaging materials, so I don't have to buy them - which keeps down the costs. I feel that it's downright dishonest to overcharge for postage!
Old 08-09-2006, 08:10 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
It's about time!

Brigette

Tags
charges, crack, ebay, excessive, s or h