Always, Always, Always Check Your Receipt, Receipt, Receipt!

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 01:24 PM
cooking up yummy food w/great grocery deals
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
read Always, always, always check your receipt, receipt, receipt!

I didn't do it today until I got home.

Publix charged me $3.89 for Earthgrain Bread, which had a 2/$5 sticker on it.

They also over charged me for 4 x Trop 50's which were BOGO 2/$2.50. They rang up at something like 2/$3.89, which is the regular Tropicana price.

I drove back to the store, and was refunded $7.44 for my effort: free bread, one free Trop 50, and a price adjustment on the other 3 (for which I had $1 Qs!)

The moral of the story is:
Always, always, always check your receipts! Preferably before you drive home!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to aimsteroo For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 08:03 AM

RE: Always, always, always check your receipt, receipt, receipt!

wishing the coffee would make itself this morning

My Mood/Status:
jnsmith1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jnsmith1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jnsmith1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jnsmith1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jnsmith1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jnsmith1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jnsmith1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
you can never hear it enough
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jnsmith1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 AM

it has been over a year since I have been on AFC

My Mood/Status:
knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!knw2860 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank you
, mommy to Devin (12)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Brandon (9)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Kyle (4)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knw2860 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 11:42 AM

looking for ways to save money!

My Mood/Status:
ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Our Tropicana is BOGO at $3.69; how is your's so cheap?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahuddle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2009, 01:46 PM

is shopping!
AFC Star Member

cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuddle View Post
My store had the sign of 2/$2.50 but they had written over it $3.69. Must be a regional price or something.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cal618 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2009, 11:17 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!aimsteroo has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuddle View Post
The regular Topicana (100% orange juice) was BOGO $3.69. The Trop50 (part OJ, part stevia/flavoring/water) was Bogo $2.50. That's what the signs said.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aimsteroo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 12:33 PM

thinks her siggy can be annoying but could care less!
She's All Country ;)

My Mood/Status:
QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My store had the $2.50 BOGO Trop50 too. And then changed it to $3.79 mid week. I made a HUGE stink over it. When the CS lady said it was NEVER $2.50 I whipped out my cell phone. Earlier in the week when they rang up wrong I took a pic of the sign to show the lady what the sign said. I still had the photo on there. She tried to back peddle. I ask for the Mgr. and he said that there was confusion to what the price was, but that it was SUPPOSE to be $3.79 BOGO but since I had been buying them under the guise of the previous sign he would honor that price for the rest of the sale. I don't buy it because when the $2.50 price was up the regular price under it was $2.99. Now they changed that to $3.79 and moved the $2.99 price to the smaller container which was previously marked $1.99. I think they make it up as they go! LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuiverfullMama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 09:16 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

cno7213 has posted more than 25 good deals
A few items of clarification:

#1 - Every Publix has different prices on different items. This is just a fact of business. Different costs, overhead, rent, counties, taxes, etc.
#2 - The price of the item was not "wrong". The "save" value was incorrect. A little misleading, but not really a Publix Promise.
#3 - I was actually the one who personally handled this issue a few weeks ago. The grids that store the "save" values weren't synced properly with the pricing grids for each store, hence every store got the "save $2.50" whereas normally it is synchronized with each store.

Sorry about the confusion. Unfortunate though, if the signs had said "save 3.79", every one would have wanted to save 1.29 more than the price of the item.
The Following User Says Thank You to cno7213 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 12:11 AM

She's All Country ;)

My Mood/Status:
QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
If a store puts up a sign that say "Buy this Widget Get One Widget FREE - Save $2.50" that implies that you saving the price of ONE Widget therefore the Widget is $2.50. If the store, the grid or Yoda himself got it wrong, it is of no matter to me. I am looking to pay the price YOU advertised. You advertised a PRICE and it rang up differently. Regardless of who dropped the ball it was dropped and that is on YOU, not me the customer. Nor is it my job to ensure your grid, employees or the like do their job properly. And I am tiring of the attitude that ME the Customer (whom pays for your items and therefore affords YOU a paycheck) is the person who is responsible to fix or even know of the grid, store, employee's or whatevers mistakes.

#1 Your right, but no one is discussing that. Remotely.
#2 Incorrect. You advertised a price and it rang up higher. If that isn't the Publix Promise then please explain what is.
#3 Ok. And?

Still........no invitation to the Sisterhood of Traveling Pants yet.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:04 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cno7213 View Post
A few items of clarification:

#1 - Every Publix has different prices on different items. This is just a fact of business. Different costs, overhead, rent, counties, taxes, etc.
#2 - The price of the item was not "wrong". The "save" value was incorrect. A little misleading, but not really a Publix Promise.
#3 - I was actually the one who personally handled this issue a few weeks ago. The grids that store the "save" values weren't synced properly with the pricing grids for each store, hence every store got the "save $2.50" whereas normally it is synchronized with each store.

Sorry about the confusion. Unfortunate though, if the signs had said "save 3.79", every one would have wanted to save 1.29 more than the price of the item.

Who are you? Are you Publix corporate?

Your #2 seems like you are mincing words. If the sales sign (which covers up the regular price tag) states "BOGO - Save $2.50" it means that they should ring up in some way that you save $2.50 when you buy 2: either $2.50 for the first and $0 for the second, or $1.25 for each. We would not be getting any money back over the price of the item.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aimsteroo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 12:59 AM

She's All Country ;)

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimsteroo View Post
They said they were an "Associate" before. Not sure what that means.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:30 PM

needs to focus!

My Mood/Status:
shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:

Your #2 seems like you are mincing words. If the sales sign (which covers up the regular price tag) states "BOGO - Save $2.50" it means that they should ring up in some way that you save $2.50 when you buy 2: either $2.50 for the first and $0 for the second, or $1.25 for each. We would not be getting any money back over the price of the item.
Thats what I was thinking!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:52 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

cno7213 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalgood View Post
Thats what I was thinking!
No need to get angry. Just explaining. You guys were actually saving MORE than 2.50. I can understand the confusion. Many signs say "save up to 2.50" (example) and if the item costs 1.99, people complain because they want to save 2.50.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cno7213 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2009, 04:54 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
No need to get angry. Just explaining. You guys were actually saving MORE than 2.50. I can understand the confusion. Many signs say "save up to 2.50" (example) and if the item costs 1.99, people complain because they want to save 2.50.
Not angry....just think you could brush up on your math.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aimsteroo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2009, 11:45 AM

She's All Country ;)

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Not angry....just think you could brush up on your math.
Word.
And brush up on what the Publix Promise is.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QuiverfullMama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2009, 12:21 PM

needs to focus!

My Mood/Status:
shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
I am not angry.

Tags
publix promise