Manager's & Corporates RR Response

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I get a high off of my coupon savings!!!

My Mood/Status:
Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Manager's & Corporates RR response

I recently had issues about my RRs not printing after using a manf. Q so I called corporate and then emailed them with my questions. The person on the 800 # told me that they are no longer letting you use a manf. Q on an item that prints out an RR. So, I emailed corporate and said that I did not think that the person I spoke to was correct. A few days later the manager from my store called me and explained that we are not supposed to be getting RRs on items that we use manf. qs on because then the manufacturer is actually paying out twice. He said that if you get the RR then you are lucky, but sometimes it takes the computer people a little while to "catch up" on what's going on. He said that this directly came from corporate's policy.

So, basically he said don't count on getting an RR if you use a manf. Q, instead consider yourself lucky to get an RR. He said to make a choice about which one would save you more $.

So, I got the same store from corporate, the 800 people, and my store's manager.

HTH.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mrsbeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:47 PM

RE: Manager's & Corporates RR response

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
If it's FREE it's for ME:)

My Mood/Status:
oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I know not everyone is furtnate to have a cvs and a walgreens. But in my opinion this is why I prefer cvs over walgreens they are to wishy washy on ther policy one minute you can use a manu and get an rr then the next minute you can't. Forget the rr's I would rather get an ecb any day and use that and I never have a problem getting one and if I do the cashier prints me one with no problem.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sweetie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
White Paws

Did I mention I have a wonderful husband!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oneblessedmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2009, 03:55 PM

thinks her siggy can be annoying but could care less!
She's All Country ;)

My Mood/Status:
QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!QuiverfullMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would told him that was nonsense poopy pants.

If that is the case, then by the sheer numbers alone based on many many many websites/blogs/message boards concerning WAGS Rr's, that nearly 3/4th WAGS customers are "getting lucky". If not MORE.

Furthermore that RR is only good if you REDEEM them. So it isn't like you double dipped on THAT purchase. You have purchase another product to get that Reward. Do you know how many people I see walk away, throw away or never use them?

I think they honestly have NO CLUE why they don't print ( I would try the Catalina company for that answer) and are making up answers as they get a question. Instead of taking the time to establish an across the board rule or policy.
God Bless,
Michele

Last edited by QuiverfullMama; 03-08-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Cause I can't type to save my life. *snort*
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to QuiverfullMama For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2009, 04:25 PM

is too lazy to keep track of her YTD savings
AFC's Awesome-est Member

My Mood/Status:
violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
If they are going to change the policy on combining mfg coupons w/ rr deals, then they need to start stating it up-front in the ads.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to violetblue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2009, 04:34 PM

hooray for summer

My Mood/Status:
M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!M_M_S has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I bought the Skintimate today, supposed to get a $1 rr, but nothing...I used a rr from last week to pay, but no manf. Q. It's a pain, I agree. CVS is really easy with the ecb's.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_M_S For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2009, 04:35 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
curlybl42 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!curlybl42 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!curlybl42 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!curlybl42 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!curlybl42 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!curlybl42 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Getting lucky getting RR's? I would have told him NO..you are getting lucky having customers in the store buying things with this economy. Jezzz
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to curlybl42 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2009, 04:57 PM

is planning her shopping trips.

My Mood/Status:
stephm0188 has posted more than 25 good deals
You got further than I did. I had three customer service reps "transfer" me and all three hung up on me. Not very wise, considering they have that survey at the end of the call inquiring about the quality of service the rep gave you.

I also questioned why they advertised in their flyers about using man.q. and earning RR. In recent flyers it has clearly said "Look for additional coupons in Sunday's paper!"

It's frustrating. And although its probably not ethical, I've wondered what would happen if I purchased the items to get the RR, returned them, and then repurchased them to use my q's.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stephm0188 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2009, 05:07 PM

please pray for me
AFC Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
That would be very wrong to buy them for the RR and return and rebuy to use your coupons.

And it is frustrating, its even more frustrating when you dont have a cvs

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VintageTink For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2009, 06:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
mom2fiveaz has posted more than 150 good deals!mom2fiveaz has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbeekeeper View Post
I recently had issues about my RRs not printing after using a manf. Q so I called corporate and then emailed them with my questions. The person on the 800 # told me that they are no longer letting you use a manf. Q on an item that prints out an RR. So, I emailed corporate and said that I did not think that the person I spoke to was correct. A few days later the manager from my store called me and explained that we are not supposed to be getting RRs on items that we use manf. qs on because then the manufacturer is actually paying out twice. He said that if you get the RR then you are lucky, but sometimes it takes the computer people a little while to "catch up" on what's going on. He said that this directly came from corporate's policy.

So, basically he said don't count on getting an RR if you use a manf. Q, instead consider yourself lucky to get an RR. He said to make a choice about which one would save you more $.

So, I got the same store from corporate, the 800 people, and my store's manager.

HTH.
Sorry but you were misinformed. You CAN use coupons on items that are advertised as a RR promotion. I've heard of some stores having problems with the Catalina machines or even that they were turned "off". Perhaps you bought the wrong product? Nonetheless, that's REALLY strange for the manager to tell you that if you got a RR you were "lucky". I would want to get that "policy" he's referring to in writing from the District Manager. I'd let them know that I want to continue shopping at Walgreens and take part in the promotions they advertise...this is what keeps me going back!

Is this the only Walgreens store in your town? Try going to a different store. Best wishes!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mom2fiveaz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2009, 07:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have no problems... Last week I bought Tide and Vaseline lotion multiple times and use man qs every time and got the RRs every time... Today I just bought 4 packages of Scott toilet paper... used a man q and got the $10 RR no problem...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funnybottoms For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2009, 04:56 AM

I get a high off of my coupon savings!!!

My Mood/Status:
Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mrsbeekeeper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Very frustrating, but thanks for all your replies. This is the only Wags in my area--the others are at least 35 miles away. There is a Rite Aid directly across the street, and the closest CVS is about 20 miles away.

Uggggghhhhh.......
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsbeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2009, 05:46 AM

is a CVS addict!

My Mood/Status:
PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Watch out about the "look for additional savings" wording. After looking over this weeks ad, I could only find the wording in one place, next to an on sale product (but not a RR deal). None of the RR deals have this wording, that I could find.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:55 AM

too busy
Crack Head Couponer

My Mood/Status:
jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanmpt has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Maybe all the AFC'er's should boycott Walgreens for a month and then see how well they do!

WIth the number of members on this site I KNOW we could put a hurting on them!

Missing my Girlie Girl
and Hank
who are at the Rainbow Bridge.

IVDSO: Purina Dog Food Weight Circles
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeanmpt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2009, 05:46 PM

is too lazy to keep track of her YTD savings
AFC's Awesome-est Member

My Mood/Status:
violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!violetblue has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Thought I would add that I went to two different WAGs yesterday getting RR deals and using a zillion coupons like usual and all of my RR printed without a problem.

I've noticed that a lot of the managers and employees are very misinformed about how the RR system works (which is understandable since they have plenty of otherstuff to learn and deal with)- so if your RR isn't printing and the mnger won't give you store credit for the amount of the RR, return everything and try again at a different store.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violetblue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 11:08 PM

loves AFC!

My Mood/Status:
DiannC has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DiannC has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DiannC has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DiannC has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DiannC has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DiannC has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DiannC has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DiannC has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DiannC has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DiannC has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Also keep in mind that Catalina (the company that does the Register Rewards) is a totally different company from Walgreen's. The two companies work together, but they don't always communicate efficiently or effectively.
Hopefully that will change in the future.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:50 AM

is feeling stressed but blessed.

My Mood/Status:
jessielynn has posted more than 200 great deals!jessielynn has posted more than 200 great deals!jessielynn has posted more than 200 great deals!
I must have been super duper lucky then... earlier this week I bought a bunch of stuff and used a $10RR + a bunch of $1 MFR Garnier coupons + a toothpaste MFR coupon + 2 different IVC coupons from the monthly book. I still received a $1RR from the toothpaste.

I hope they can all communicate and get on the same page soon. >.<
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessielynn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2009, 05:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponfairy101 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
in fact --- i was informed by my local walgreens yesterday they are changing their policy in regards to the RR's printing -- now in order to get them (or when the computers update to the new program she said) your total after coupons has to be whatever the deal is --- for instance on HUGGIES you would have had to spend the $25 after using the coupons ------- GRRRR i wont shop there much once they change --- and i agree they are to wishy washy with their rules --- She stated that they were updating and not sure when it would take affect but it was CHANGING For sure ! sigh .....
The Following User Says Thank You to couponfairy101 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2009, 11:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
chickymcnuffin has posted more than 150 good deals!chickymcnuffin has posted more than 150 good deals!
I went to my local Walgreens on Monday to hit up some deals and I got all my RR's, even using coupons. I went back in last night and now they have a sign posted that RR's will not print if you use a manu. coupon!!
The Following User Says Thank You to chickymcnuffin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2009, 12:34 PM

?
SHOPPING GODDESS & SMART WITH THE $$$

My Mood/Status:
Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponsue62 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
We'll see if there is a change at Wag's................It has always been different at each store.
There is Someone different at the helm at each store and they each call their own shots.

I use Coupons all the time and the RR prints every time.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:38 PM

please pray for me
AFC Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!VintageTink has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have not heard this and my manager would have told me. She tells me everything . heck i sit outside and smoke with them when its dead ( i told you i have a good relationship )

The Following User Says Thank You to VintageTink For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2009, 12:57 PM

AFC Star Member

rissmiller40 has posted more than 150 good deals!rissmiller40 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickymcnuffin View Post
I went to my local Walgreens on Monday to hit up some deals and I got all my RR's, even using coupons. I went back in last night and now they have a sign posted that RR's will not print if you use a manu. coupon!!
That's funny, my Walgreens had this sign up last week. I now notice that it is nowhere to be seen. I agree, they really have no idea what triggers an RR or not!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
jenn6172 has posted more than 100 good deals!jenn6172 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I had a similar problem with not getting an RR one time when I used a coupon. The cashier called the manager & he said that it was because I used a coupon. I told him this was wrong & asked them to sell it to me with out using my coupon & guess what, no RR still! Just a little thought. I knew they were wrong & when the manager saw that I was right he gave me a rain check for the price of the rr. I really didn't care about not using the Mq so much since the RR was supposed to be for the regular purchase price... it would of been nice to spend less & get more back on an RR than what I spent but oh well. Just had to show the manager that this was not the MQ causing the RR not to print.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenn6172 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2009, 11:46 PM

carol1 has posted more than 25 good deals
If they do change the policy and stop giving RR's when you use a mc then I won't be shopping there so much anymore. Good thing we have all stock piled, I wouldn't need to buy anything from WAGs for a few years, maybe longer!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
MzKoni71 has posted more than 150 good deals!MzKoni71 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneblessedmommy View Post
I know not everyone is furtnate to have a cvs and a walgreens. But in my opinion this is why I prefer cvs over walgreens they are to wishy washy on ther policy one minute you can use a manu and get an rr then the next minute you can't. Forget the rr's I would rather get an ecb any day and use that and I never have a problem getting one and if I do the cashier prints me one with no problem.
I agree with you!! WAG's is just too controversial and too frustrating. For me, CVS is just a breeze. I now have 3 CVS stores that I visit and have not had any problems. The cashiers and managers are just wonderful. I have 1 WAG's that I love visiting but it is always crowded. When I visit other WAG's, I all but lose my religion. Some days, it is just not worth it. I went to a different WAG's on Friday for the Garnier, of course they didnt have any. I asked for a raincheck. I was told to come back on Saturday cuz that's when they issue rainchecks. I asked did they expect a truck in that night or tomorrow with a shipment. The Asst Man said Maybe!! WAG's will no longer receive my business if I am unable to use a Q on a sale product that is suppose to issue a RR. Where is the deal in it for me!! Why waste my time, my energy, or my patience for an empty sale. Sorry to vent on and on and on. But lately, WAG's just gets my goad.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:59 PM

is addicted to AFC.
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Loving Bargains has posted more than 300 great deals!Loving Bargains has posted more than 300 great deals!Loving Bargains has posted more than 300 great deals!Loving Bargains has posted more than 300 great deals!
I don't know what Walgreen's is thinking half of the time which is why I do 95% of my shopping at CVS. Tonight I went in to do the Reach/Listerine deal. I had a $3 off manufacturer's coupon and my RR printed just fine. There is no telling what might happen next time though.