Question About Menard's Rebates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 01:12 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Question about Menard's Rebates

I was wondering if someone was familiar with Menard's rebates. I've seen posts places saying which items are FAR with the purchase of $10 worth of other items, but I can't find anything on where these are posted in store, how do you know what there are rebates for? Are they just found meandering through the store?

Can you buy multiple FAR items with one purchase of items of at least $10?

Thanks
Lauren
The Following User Says Thank You to clarinetb For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-28-2009, 05:23 PM

RE: Question about Menard's Rebates

is feeling stressed but blessed.

My Mood/Status:
jessielynn has posted more than 200 great deals!jessielynn has posted more than 200 great deals!jessielynn has posted more than 200 great deals!
Okay, so I don't know much, but this will be a bump for you. =D

I do remember when my mother bought some rebated roses that she got the form from the front of the store near the CS desk. & I think it was listed in their flyer. Also, I remember something about when she got the $$ back it was a certificate or something that had to be used at Menards...

My memory is fuzzy, so hopefully someone else can help more!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:34 PM

clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!clarinetb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Thanks for the bump
Old 03-03-2009, 01:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!12345 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I go to the menards website, find the ad, click on it, then do a search for rebate. You will get a list of all the rebate items!!! Then you just scroll through the items and find the ones that say FREE after rebate, add to the shopping list, print on you are on your way!!!

The only free after rebate I found right now is a 25 foot measuring tape...

OH, and you can look in the ad, but it's hard to find the rebate items on this sales flyer...

I hope that helped!!!

I am still waiting for rebates of over $40.00 that I submitted about one month ago...the form says to wait 6-8 weeks...I am getting impatient!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:43 PM

Thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 04:24 AM

wet

My Mood/Status:
DES has posted more than 10 good deals
I love Menards but do not like their 'rebates' so I haven't done any recently. Last time I did one I had to go to CS after the purchase to pickup the rebate form (blah blah blah) and waited about 4 weeks, then got a measly $5 coupon off next purchase instead of a check. So basically from what I understand...rebates even 'free after purchase' are simply 'coupons' to use on your next purchase.

guess I'm a 'It's my money...I'll spend it where I want' kinda gal. No more Menards rebates for me, tks ; )
Old 03-09-2009, 08:00 AM

Thanks for the info. I did notice it was for their store the 'rebate'

Do you know if you can pick-up a bunch of FAR items with one purchase of $10 or more? There are a few this week that might be worth trying. Just bought a house, so we'll be back to spend the rebate money at Menard's no problem.. haha!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
lsdientz has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lsdientz has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lsdientz has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lsdientz has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lsdientz has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lsdientz has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lsdientz has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
If you think about it these rebates are just like the Walgreens rebates and the CVS bucks. All of these are items you purchase and get money to shop back at the original store. Nothing wrong with that. It's just you have to think about if there are additional items you could purchase at Menards that you would spend elsewhere to make the rebate worth while. I have found that Menards has quite alot of items and if it is something I will be purchasing anyway - why not get the rebate.

I do have to admit I like the register rewards and CVS bucks that you get immediately better than a rebate you have to wait for, but in the end, free is still free to me...

Just my thoughts.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:43 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals

My Mood/Status:
railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Well, I'm not an expert, but I've been doing Menards rebates for years and I love them.

As for the spend $10 additionally to get the Free items - you really don't have to. I bought a $2.00 toy for my dog today and everything else was Free after Rebate and all the rebate receipts printed. As long as the rebate receipt prints, you'll get your rebate. I found this out right after they started the $10 requirement. I had to return something I had bought with my rebates and it was going to bring my total down below the $10. I called the phone number for the rebates and when I asked how it would affect my rebates, she didn't understand what I meant. They don't know how much I spent that they are just a rebating center and aren't Menards. They just handle the rebates. So if it prints - you'll get it.

Also - go on Friday's!! Your best chance of getting the Free items is on the first day of the ad - which is Friday. The flyers should be available in the store and the items all marked with signs.

The rebates do come back as Merchandise Checks to be used at Menards. I just keep rolling mine into the new rebates. Occassionally I don't get the check in time for a good week and have to spend $, but I get it back eventually and then end up with more checks to use. As far as I know these don't expire, but you can always use them to buy gift cards.

Another tip - send your rebates in one envelope - they all go to the same address. I just sent about six different ones in one mailing today. I've been doing this for a couple of years and never had a problem.

Also - Always get the limit available on the Free items. I always get the Free items for my church. We have an annual fundraiser where I make up themed baskets to raffle off. I get so many free tools and automotive items that I'm able to make up about 4 really nice baskets. The other free items go to other games to use as prizes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2009, 08:39 PM

You guys are so awesome Thanks for all the help. we just got our house today, so have to do a Menard's run tomorrow and I'll see what else we can pick-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroadmom View Post
Also - Always get the limit available on the Free items. I always get the Free items for my church. We have an annual fundraiser where I make up themed baskets to raffle off. I get so many free tools and automotive items that I'm able to make up about 4 really nice baskets. The other free items go to other games to use as prizes.
railroadmom, t hanks for all the pointers. I like this idea of keeping them for baskets and such! I've been picking up the free, FAR/free after coupons items at CVS, Walgreens and Walmart even if they aren't things I'm likely to use if they're things that the church could use or for shelters and such. why not?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:27 PM

celiacat has posted more than 25 good deals
Did you know you can trace your rebate online to to:
RebateInternational.com - Track Your Rebate
It does take a couple of weeks to show up but at least you know they received it
Old 05-07-2009, 01:11 PM

Interesting, thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:57 PM

Back and ready to save money!
Supporting Member

rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I never spend $10. Sometime I don't buy anthing but the FAR items and I always get the rebate reciepts and my check for the next time I shop. Whatever I don't use, I sell at a garage sale, and this stuff is popular, let me tell you!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:58 PM

Back and ready to save money!
Supporting Member

rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I did make a trip today and noticed that there was an unadvertised sale for gift bags. They are the real small ones for $.75 Limit 4. They also had 15 oz jarred candles for $.99 after $4 rebate, limit 6.

I also seen up front that they have a rebate for $2 off Vitamin water, but this must be the packs.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:37 PM

momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I go to menards on sunday's because their sales overlap on sunday so you can do two weeks worth of ads/sales rebate items in one trip (the closest one is over an hour away for me). I went 2 weeks ago and got $50 worth of rebate stuff, and it's all stuff that we will use (tape measures, dish soap, microwave popcorn, hand saw, ect). They have had some really good deals lately. I actually needed extra postage on my envelope containing my rebates, the true sign of a good trip. I like mailing them all in one evelope because they all come back on one big value card instead of getting 10 different $3 cards in the mail I get one $30 card. Makes check out easier with my 3 kids. Cash register = meltdown right now for them.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:44 PM

four under five!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caseyrusso has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i love doing menard's rebates - i just got back like, $140 in free or almost free item credits. we always spend the credit on new free items or tools / household repair stuff. i get one $10+ item and then tons of frees to go with it. i love that their rebates are for different stuff than i can get at cvs and wags doing my usual deals!
Old 07-03-2009, 03:30 AM

AFC Star Member

grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
idk if all menards are like this, but be careful about submitting extra rebates in your spouses name. our menards checks i.d;s for whos name is on the "check" so dh and i can not combine our rebates and pay for a single large item.
The Following User Says Thank You to grace.maddie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2009, 05:38 AM

I put them under my name ( my initial) and my husband has redeemed them. We've never tried to do two sets thought.

It is fun that it is different stuff! My husband likes the new saw I got two week sago
Old 07-04-2009, 08:22 PM

momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momofthree3 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace.maddie View Post
idk if all menards are like this, but be careful about submitting extra rebates in your spouses name. our menards checks i.d;s for whos name is on the "check" so dh and i can not combine our rebates and pay for a single large item.
At our Menards it all depends on the cashier. Sometimes they care and sometimes they don't care who's name is on the rebate check. I've had my mom use mine before in combo with her's for no problem and other times I've had to show my ID for a stupid $1 rebate card.
Overall it's a great program, just wish the rebate cards would arrive faster. I'm waiting on over $50 right now and have a few things I would like to use it on for our house.
The Following User Says Thank You to momofthree3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 01:37 AM

is working on deals to share!
Jennifer

My Mood/Status:
magnumethw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!magnumethw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!magnumethw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!magnumethw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!magnumethw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!magnumethw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!magnumethw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!magnumethw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!magnumethw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!magnumethw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I like to go first thing Sunday morning when both ads are still active. You can get all the free for both weeks, only spend $10 once to get all of them and you don't have to go every week. I have been rolling my rewards certs for over 2 years. I get one in the mail every other week and I put it right back into the next purchase. Every man on our Christmas list gets a Menards bag full of goodies. Tape measures, flashlights, car supplies, tools, hats, etc. They love getting all the great items for the garage and I save a bundle doing it this way.
The Following User Says Thank You to magnumethw For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 10:18 AM

rcoupon2000 has posted more than 1 good deal
You can print rebate forms off of the menards website if they aren't at cust. service when you leave or you forget to grab them. The FAR always is $ in form of Menards credit.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:20 PM

Overworked

My Mood/Status:
minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I don't care for their "rebates". I always thought that if it's a true rebate, they should send you a check back for the money you spent to make it truely free, not just to use towards your next purchase. That wouldn't even be so bad if they gave it to you instantly like CVS or Wags, but the aggrivation of having to wait for it to come in the mail and having to apply it towards your purchase just keeps you spending more money at their store.

Last edited by minahsmom; 12-29-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:48 AM

arwetzel has posted more than 1 good deal
I LOVE doing Menards rebates! My husband is a sucker for them and lets me get what I want especially if it's FAR! I save my rebates up for the whole year and then use them on Black Friday! I never have a ton of money in rebates, but ever dollar helps on Black Friday! They have some fun toys that I use as daycare gifts etc.