Need Help Getting Ready For Mom 2 Mom Sale!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Enjoying summer!

My Mood/Status:
mizabs has posted more than 10 good deals
Need help getting ready for Mom 2 Mom Sale!

Hi, I am selling at my first Mom 2 Mom sale this Saturday and am getting nervous about getting things ready. Does anyone have any tips that might make the day easier? Especially with pricing things...I want things to sell but I do have some things that are in nicer condition or the better brands but don't want to price them too high and scare people away. HELP! Thank you!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 01:24 PM

RE: Need help getting ready for Mom 2 Mom Sale!

loves being "mamma" to beautiful girls

My Mood/Status:
mlombardo has posted more than 400 great deals!mlombardo has posted more than 400 great deals!mlombardo has posted more than 400 great deals!mlombardo has posted more than 400 great deals!mlombardo has posted more than 400 great deals!
I've done Mom2Mom sales a few times.. in the past, I have tried to make things easier on myself by having tables where everything is a certain price (with two girls, we had a LOT of clothes!). So I had a .50 table (tshirts, onesies, sleepers that may be a litle stained, etc) a $1 table, a $2 table, and a toy table. The nicer things (coats, Easter dresses, expensive shoes) I had hanging on a rack with prices on them. This worked for me b/c it would have taken HOURS to price everything individually, and honestly, I just wanted to get rid of it. Most of it was given to us as gifts from grandmas, etc, so any money I made was extra!
Then, when the sale was almost over (one hr prior) I would do a buy two, get one free "sale" or "Stuff a bag for $x dollars"
Are you able to set up the day before?
Dont forget to bring bags and lots of change.
You could always put up a sign that says "Make An Offer" too, that may encourage people to haggle with you.
Usually MOM2MOM sales are just a bit higher than garage sales- at least around me.
Hope that helps!

Oh, I see youre in MI too! I'm in Canton. My church is having another sale in April, and we only charge $5 a table just to pay for the signs- our church doesnt make a profit. Its nice b/c then you get to take home most of your money! I know lots of places charge $25 a table! That really cuts into your profit!! We also supply breakfast and lunch for the sellers. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wife to Jason, mommy to two beautiful little girls
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to mlombardo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2009, 02:05 PM

Enjoying summer!

My Mood/Status:
Thanks, mlombardo! I think I am getting the hang of this. I did find a rack to use to hang up the nicer things, so that will help! My moms group is putting this on to raise money for a mission trip so the table space was $20 and large items are $1 each. I have a changing table and nice exersaucer so I'm hoping that helps recoup the $$. I'm trying not to let my attachment to some items (especially baby clothes) hold me back from pricing smart. I used to have a friend that lived in Canton so I would get down there once in a while. I am dying to go to IKEA but just haven't found a good time to go!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
latamama has posted more than 300 great deals!latamama has posted more than 300 great deals!latamama has posted more than 300 great deals!latamama has posted more than 300 great deals!
I do flat rate on everything $2 an item (top or bottom) or $3 an outfit (I wanna make money but it does NEED to GO!!) I usually stick a .25-50 cent bin under the table of all the little things, I price toys indiviually and shoes $2-3 a pair. Dress's I price individually also, becuase some of them I feel are worth more then others, however I still price those between $3-6 dollars. Good luck.... BTW did you know that people outside michigan (mostly) don't know what a mom 2 mom sale is. I have explianed this to several of my friends now (In CA, TN, NY)

The Following User Says Thank You to latamama For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2009, 08:12 AM

Enjoying summer!

My Mood/Status:
Thanks, latamama! I'm glad to see that I am sort of on track with my pricing...I kept waffling back and forth on things. One last question...what about a matching snowsuit - jacket and pants? I have one that is just basic, but also one that is really nice and in good shape. I didn't realize that the mom 2 mom sale is a regional thing. It's an awesome idea!

Tags
mom 2 mom sale