Dollar General Versus Dollar General Market

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 12:31 PM
searching for his lost bling...:)
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Slyyyck has posted more than 100 good deals!Slyyyck has posted more than 100 good deals!
Help Sign Dollar General versus Dollar General Market

Phew!!...over 40 items (with coupon matchups) are now in the Dollar General Shopping List with prices effective from 2/25 to 3/8/09 !!

But, these items are available at DOLLAR GENERAL MARKET, not your typical Dollar General store...

I naively thought there would only be the seven Dollar General Markets as listed on my local ad here (Tampa Florida area), but found at least two stores in Kentucky (Bardstown and Franklin)!

My question is: How many other Dollar General Markets are out there near you and will any of you use the shopping list?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slyyyck For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 11:57 PM

RE: Dollar General versus Dollar General Market

Smiling and I'm surprised!

My Mood/Status:
countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!countrygal7906 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
The Company my Husband drives for delivers to DGM. They are all around Tenn., va, KY, IN, I think Oh he does something up there but not sure if it's just Back Hauls. I know there is none in WV The food they have are the same as you would find in any family owned grocery stories. You do have to watch there produce but then again not many coupons out for that. My husband and I was just talking about that the other day. He had ask one of his stores if they take coupons and they do couldn't get him to ask about IP he said he didn't want to look crazy. They said people come in there and stock up when good coupons come out.

They get good deals on Eggs at least once a month. A dozen for $1 that a regular back haul for him. I've been with him when he picked up that back haul and it's a really nice company and some little old lady drove me around on a golf cart and took me around and showed me the chicken houses and how the place works.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to countrygal7906 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2009, 04:30 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Sarah307 has posted more than 200 great deals!Sarah307 has posted more than 200 great deals!Sarah307 has posted more than 200 great deals!
We have a dollar general market in Uhrichsville, OH. I like to go there a lot. Its close to where i live and the prices are great!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah307 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2009, 12:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
dorkasaur has posted more than 100 good deals!dorkasaur has posted more than 100 good deals!
There's one dollar general market near me, and it's cheap compared to walmart.
I usually make a stop there before I go to walmart to see what I can get out of the way cheaper than at walmart.

I live in GA, by the way.
but I've only ever seen the one here, all the other ones are just regular dollar generals.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dorkasaur For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have one in Lenoir City, TN, but I have never been to it. I haven't lived in this area of TN but a couple of months.
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11
The Following User Says Thank You to CarolynC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2009, 01:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
so are there any in tampa? i checked online, but it doesn't specify if they are "markets", i haven't seen one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to jen91683 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2009, 01:40 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Slyyyck has posted more than 100 good deals!Slyyyck has posted more than 100 good deals!
Wish Tampa Dollar General Markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen91683 View Post
so are there any in tampa? i checked online, but it doesn't specify if they are "markets", i haven't seen one.
half the reason for my post was to locate DG Markets since the DG site doesn't seem to have the market locations separated out...

I haven't seen DG Market in Tampa either...Haines City, Lakeland, Merritt Island, Mulberry, Orlando, Winter Park and New Port Richey are the seven on my flyer...sorry about that...shoulda' listed them the first post

regardless, also sorry i wasn't able to help locate DG Market in Tampa...i worked near the airport for about 5 years but didn't watch for DG Markets ...i guess you could use phone book and call the ones listed close by you and...ask ?

HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to Slyyyck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2009, 06:21 PM

is thankful for AFC and my family & God!

My Mood/Status:
sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have a Dollar general market place here in Mason, OH. I love it. Where is this list? TY
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetiepiepie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 PM

coupons are our friends!

My Mood/Status:
justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Plain DG here
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AFC
The Following User Says Thank You to justfluffyme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2009, 12:05 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Facts Dollar General MARKET Shopping List

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiepiepie View Post
We have a Dollar general market place here in Mason, OH. I love it. Where is this list? TY
you went right by it to get to this thread

From sign in...you can left click Forum (between Home and User CP on page header)...then scroll down to "All Other Stores"...then to Dollar Stores...

on that page...at the top is a "sub-forum: Dollar General Shopping List"...

the Shopping List has every item in the Feb25-Mar8 advertisement and current coupons to show you what you can save on each item...

clicking on the coupon gives even more detail...like who has it for sale or trade, etc...

HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to Slyyyck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2009, 04:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jen91683 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyyyck View Post
half the reason for my post was to locate dg markets since the dg site doesn't seem to have the market locations separated out...

I haven't seen dg market in tampa either...haines city, lakeland, merritt island, mulberry, orlando, winter park and new port richey are the seven on my flyer...sorry about that...shoulda' listed them the first post

regardless, also sorry i wasn't able to help locate dg market in tampa...i worked near the airport for about 5 years but didn't watch for dg markets ...i guess you could use phone book and call the ones listed close by you and...ask ?

Hth
thanks, i'll keep an eye out anytime i head over to orlando, i didn't even know about the "market".....

The Following User Says Thank You to jen91683 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 03:04 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Facts Dollar General Market "Weekly" Ads

hmmm...it would be nice if the Market had weekly ads, but it doesn't happen that way!

i stopped by the Market on the expiration date of the last ad...got a snippy response from store manager that there is no current ad and she didn't know when next ad would be out...sheesh...all i did was ask a question...

anyhow, i usually get the flyer in snail mail...hopefully also e-mail...(the website has a printable shopping list option when you view the ad online)...and will post shopping list and matchups as soon as i can...
Old 03-18-2009, 06:48 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Storeinfo Snail Mail beat the Internet!

Got the new Dollar General Market ad in todays mail...the prices are good from today (March 18, 2009) to the last Saturday of the month (March29, 2009)...

The link to the website is Dollar General | Save Time. Save Money. Every day! but the site says there is no ad yet !!

I will post a shopping list with match-ups...soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slyyyck For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2009, 02:08 PM

bus driver and behavior aide.

My Mood/Status:
momto4kids has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!momto4kids has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!momto4kids has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!momto4kids has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!momto4kids has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!momto4kids has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!momto4kids has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!momto4kids has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!momto4kids has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I did a search and came across this discussion. I went by a DG market yesterday in a toen about 45 minutes from my house. I have to drive that far to get to any big town so it's not a big deal to go back. This town also has a Krogers, Walmart, Walgreens and CVS. So it would be a great place to coupon at on Fridays(my day off-kind of-I drive a bus so I would have from 8:30 to 2:30 to go-shop-return). If anyone has any tips for this store send me a message.