Rain Check Use

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 07:08 AM
saddened by it all

My Mood/Status:
addington has posted more than 400 great deals!addington has posted more than 400 great deals!addington has posted more than 400 great deals!addington has posted more than 400 great deals!addington has posted more than 400 great deals!
Rain Check use

A little help, please, from the pros!

We have two cards, one for me and one for DD who is away at college. I bought one of the Excedrin 10 ct on an early trip this week. I went again yesterday with DDs card and they were out of stock so I got a raincheck. My question is this.....with the new "magic button" for ECBs, if I accidently use the raincheck and MY card (which already has the Excedrin on it), will the raincheck still work or do I need to be sure to use DDs card with the raincheck?

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to addington For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 08:49 AM

RE: Rain Check use

is lost somewhere in her stockpile.....
CVS-aholic

mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I *think* that the new system is supposed to keep track and not allow people to exceed the original stated limit. My suggestion would be to make an envelope for your card and ecbs and an envelope for your dd's stuff. That way you can just keep the raincheck for her card w/ her stuff so you don't accidentally use it for the wrong card.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsfloyd For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2009, 04:05 PM

RE: Rain Check use

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I accidentally used a raincheck I had for Nasogel (free after ECBs last month) with my card today, even though I had gotten the raincheck for my grandma's card. (Last month I reached the Nasogel limit (2) on my card.) My raincheck was hand-written, and did not specify to which account it belonged. The cashier generated an ECB after today's transaction (he was new and did not know if he was supposed to do it within the transaction & neither did I) and the ECB he printed is for my account. (Not a big deal I guess, except now I have to remember to buy her something for an equivalent amount with my card!)
Is there a computer-generated raincheck now in some stores? If so, that may attach a raincheck directly to your account, but if they give you a hand-written raincheck, you shouldn't have a problem getting the forced ECB with the wrong card.
The Following User Says Thank You to allcash For This Useful Post: