CVS Rain Check Policy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 09:16 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

jeanleona has posted more than 150 good deals!jeanleona has posted more than 150 good deals!
Help Sign CVS Rain check Policy?

Can someone please tell me the CVS policy for rainchecks on items that are free after ECBs ?

Thanks
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 12-21-2008, 09:21 AM

RE: CVS Rain check Policy?

dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
The new policy is that they can write rainchecks for items free after ECBs. They just use the magic button on the register to issue the extra care bucks when you buy the item. I did this the other day at a store that is not my usual store to get the 5.99 Bic Solei deal. They didn't know what I was talking about that they could issue the ECBs in the store, but as they looked at the screen they figured it out. It's funny that I had to kind of teach them how.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dmyersquin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2008, 09:23 AM

tmans525 has posted more than 50 good deals
Varies by store but the company says we can issue rain checks for regularly carried sale items within the limits stated in the ad ... even for Free After Extra Bucks items. IT HAS TO BE A REGULARLY CARRIED ITEM as we can not reorder seasonal or other special items. Also, if the ad says "No Rainchecks" for an item, then of course we would not write a raincheck.

Not all stores do it but should. Make sure when they write the raincheck, that it includes the Event Number listed in the ad so that your Extra Bucks can be printed manually when the product is back in stock. We can print the EB manually with or without this Event Code but it should be done with the code to keep everything legit. HTH
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tmans525 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2008, 01:36 PM

is wishing my son would listen to me!!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmans525 View Post
Varies by store but the company says we can issue rain checks for regularly carried sale items within the limits stated in the ad ... even for Free After Extra Bucks items. IT HAS TO BE A REGULARLY CARRIED ITEM as we can not reorder seasonal or other special items. Also, if the ad says "No Rainchecks" for an item, then of course we would not write a raincheck.

Not all stores do it but should. Make sure when they write the raincheck, that it includes the Event Number listed in the ad so that your Extra Bucks can be printed manually when the product is back in stock. We can print the EB manually with or without this Event Code but it should be done with the code to keep everything legit. HTH
If you get a raincheck do you have to use it at the cvs that you got it from or can you use it at another?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:50 PM

leila has posted more than 100 good deals!leila has posted more than 100 good deals!
I asked for rainchecks at 4 stores and only 1 would give me one. I'm going to use it at the same store that gave it to me just to avoid a possible hassle.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:05 PM

cleaning, the task that never ends.
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've seen it handled more than one way. I've got a Raincheck from last month for Right Guard when it was on sale for 6.99 with 6 ECB back.
I've seen it where they'd issue the 6 ecb when you spend the 6.99 for the deo.
I've also seen where they just sell it to you for the difference .99 each no ecbs issued.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to onlymadaresane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2008, 02:15 PM

is wishing my son would listen to me!!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Devins mom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leila View Post
I asked for rainchecks at 4 stores and only 1 would give me one. I'm going to use it at the same store that gave it to me just to avoid a possible hassle.
I was thinking the same thing. I only got 2 from that store and when I went they were full but I left and all the other stores were empty so I fiqured since they had so many I would go back. The cashier said oh your back. I said yes we were going to get daddy some more deodorant, but you guys are out, and she just asked me how many I wanted and wrote me one. I am still new and have never done a raincheck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devins mom For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2008, 03:43 PM

is VERY excited about her new dog!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!CookieMom50 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devins mom View Post
If you get a raincheck do you have to use it at the cvs that you got it from or can you use it at another?
It says right on the back of the raincheck........

GOOD AT ANY CVS STORE

and

THIS RAINCHECK DOES NOT EXPIRE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cookies are made of butter and love. ~Norwegian Proverb
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CookieMom50 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2008, 04:47 PM

cevamal has posted more than 5 good deals
Is the manual ECB procedure/policy available anywhere online?

I got a couple of rainchecks today and the manager said she didn't think it would work, but was happy to try for me. What do I need to tell her when I go to use them?
Old 12-22-2008, 06:13 AM

tmans525 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by cevamal View Post
Is the manual ECB procedure/policy available anywhere online?

I got a couple of rainchecks today and the manager said she didn't think it would work, but was happy to try for me. What do I need to tell her when I go to use them?

To my knowledge, the policy is not posted online, although there are a lot of experiences with the 'Magic Button' from other shoppers posted online.

When the item(s) arrives back in the store, you give them your raincheck with the item. They should ring this item up as normal. Have them scan your CVS card. The cashier may have to 'price modify' the item to the original sales price ... depends on the item and what it was priced for sale. You can use your coupons for that item at this point. You then pay as you normally would...with EB's, cash, check, gift card, etc. and after the transaction, they should issue you the EB for the item.

This is how they do it ...

Hopefully, the cashier/manager remembered to write the Event Code on the original raincheck. If so, they will enter that number in the "Issue Extra Bucks" tab on the register and then the EB will print at the register...they hand it to you and thank you for shopping CVS.

If they do not have this event code, then the cashier will need to enter the value of the EB. You may want to keep a copy of the ad to show them either the event code or the value of the EB for that item.

Note: the program is relatively new at CVS so of course there is a learning curve at somes stores on how to do this. Some are proficient at it already and some stores have not a clue. YMMV

I tried to keep this simple here and it is simple at the registers, but may look confusing here on post. HTH
Old 12-22-2008, 09:53 AM

needs a vacation
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMom50 View Post
It says right on the back of the raincheck........

GOOD AT ANY CVS STORE

and

THIS RAINCHECK DOES NOT EXPIRE
My store did not use real rainchecks. They photocopied the ads and circled the items that you needed. Iknow other people mentioned that they got a photcopy too. I think trying to use these at other stores may cause some problems.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:59 AM

Look at my New Auction

My Mood/Status:
rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rgyman has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
My store manager told me today that it would not do any good to give me a raincheck as it a two day sale and I wouldn't get my extra bucks. I said ok as I very new to CVS and thanked her.