Difference Between Super Target And Greatland, Please Help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 03:56 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Looann12 has posted more than 50 good deals
Difference between Super Target and Greatland, please help.

I was planning a trip to Super Target, then read that not all Target stores take printed coupons. I called my store and they said they only take Target printed. So now I am wondering if I can go to the local Target Greatland and get most or all of the stuff I wanted.

Do they have a food section? Is it only as extensive as a regular Target? Frozen food?

Any other differences/info that you know would help me a lot with my planning, thanks!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 04:09 PM

RE: Difference between Super Target and Greatland, please help.

Addicted to AFC!!

My Mood/Status:
A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Target

In this area all the Targets are "Target Greatland", they all have a food area with a frozen food section, but some are larger than others. All my local Target Greatlands accept printable manuf. coupons. I'm not sure what the difference is between the different Targets, I've only been to Target Greatlands! Perhaps the "super Targets have full-sized food sections, like a regular supermarket??!! HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to A_GirlyGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2008, 04:11 PM

ISO Expired RR or other $ off catalinas
Minnesota Get Together was the BEST!

My Mood/Status:
Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Super Targets do have a larger selection of food...fresh. frozen and packaged.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kmchamplin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2008, 04:26 PM

Addicted to AFC!!

My Mood/Status:
A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!A_GirlyGirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
WooooHooooo...
fresh food...like a fresh produce section?
We don't have anything like that around here, wish we did!!
Old 12-20-2008, 04:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
Sooo...

All of the deals talked about on here can be done at a Greatland store then? That would be wonderful because I was going to go 25 miles out of my way to go to the Super Target. I have a Greatland and a regular Target within 2 miles of me.

Wondering if they will have things like Pop Tarts, Kelloggs cereal, and Totinos Pizza Rolls...
Old 12-20-2008, 05:06 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Even though each store can accept/deny any coupon they wish, carrying a copy of the coupon rules from corporate will help if you have any problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My family of four: Jackie & Brian
, Kai
Parker
and Mollie
The Following User Says Thank You to *Jackie* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2008, 05:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A20SomethingMother View Post
Even though each store can accept/deny any coupon they wish, carrying a copy of the coupon rules from corporate will help if you have any problems.

Printed out and ready to go! I don't have one that says anything about IP coupons, though. Is there one?
Old 12-20-2008, 05:18 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Your best bet then is to contact corporate yourself and just ask about IP coupons. I know the one we have in the Target 101 doesn't mention IPs

Everything you need to know about shopping at Target~2008/9 sticky~

My family of four: Jackie & Brian
, Kai
Parker
and Mollie
The Following User Says Thank You to *Jackie* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2008, 05:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
2monkeymama has posted more than 200 great deals!2monkeymama has posted more than 200 great deals!2monkeymama has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looann12 View Post
All of the deals talked about on here can be done at a Greatland store then? That would be wonderful because I was going to go 25 miles out of my way to go to the Super Target. I have a Greatland and a regular Target within 2 miles of me.

Wondering if they will have things like Pop Tarts, Kelloggs cereal, and Totinos Pizza Rolls...
My fav target is a greatland and it has all these. I am able to do all the deals there except meat and produce.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2monkeymama For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2008, 07:01 PM

is glad her kids love school!
Going for 3rd sun/star!

My Mood/Status:
snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Greatland stores usually have less of a selection - in other words, less brands and less product. Like another poster said - they don't have meat and fresh produce.

But a lot of the deals can be done. Not the Archers Farm ham though - but then again, I haven't been able to do that all week because I think they have pulled all of the individual ham steaks until tomorrow (when that $2 off coupon expires!).