Be Careful Of Canning Dates: Minute Maid Lemonade Bought At CVS Very, Very Spoiled!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 PM
is cleaning up the house via ebay
OOmgz, I have a Q for that!

My Mood/Status:
mindyloo has posted more than 400 great deals!mindyloo has posted more than 400 great deals!mindyloo has posted more than 400 great deals!mindyloo has posted more than 400 great deals!mindyloo has posted more than 400 great deals!
Be careful of canning dates: Minute Maid Lemonade bought at CVS very, very spoiled!

Hey gals,
Instead of yammering on about my ordeal I'll just show you the email I sent to Minute Maid.

Hello,
Last week I purchased a 12-pack of Minute Maid Lemonade cans from the CVS on Reisterstown Rd. in Baltimore, MD. I refrigerated the product overnight and then had one. It tasted funny to me, like metal. Shortly afterward I became very sick. I did not make the connection until my friend came by the following day and I offered him a can of Minute Maid lemonade. He said it tasted awful like it had gone bad, and noted that it had a strong, pungent smell that lemonade should not have. I agreed and after determining that the lemonade was bad, opened all the remaining cans and dumped them down the sink. I am very surprised I have purchased a defective product from Minute Maid, as I have been a customer for years without a problem. The UPC number for this item is -----. The proof of purchase number is 2007 -----12-12FL OZ CANS. Please send a refund or a coupon for another one. Thank you.

(the only reason i beeped out the upc numbers is because we have lurkers who i think may try to use them plus this email and then I may not get mine because of it ... who knows)

In summary, I was completely unawares when buying the minute maid (for free, but still LOL) that it was spoiled. Look for a year that's not the current one leading up the POP, and if it doesnt have MyCokeRewards on the fridgepak flap you can bet it's been on the shelf for a while.

When I say I was "sick" I mean on the toilet and I'll leave it at that. Imagine if a can of that was given to a child?

Weird, because before this I was under the impression that 1) unopened lemonade doesnt go bad (said friend above, "it prolly was bad when the canned it"), and 2) food companies ALL have trucks that go out in the field and remove all old product from the shelves of stores replacing it with new stuff far before it goes bad.

So just an FYI, if you did the coca-cola deal this week, or any week before or hereafter, be wary of old minute maid!

Mommy to Solomon, 3 years old
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and one *weird* but affectionate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mindyloo For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 PM

RE: Be careful of canning dates: Minute Maid Lemonade bought at CVS very, very spoiled!

THANKFUL FOR AFC!!

My Mood/Status:
Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for the info!
and two