Why Wouldn't She Take My RR?

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 12:00 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Born2ShopMamama has posted more than 100 good deals!Born2ShopMamama has posted more than 100 good deals!
Why wouldn't she take my RR?

I did good today but thought I could have done better. I bought Colgate toothpaste and toothbrushes, Edge shave gel, gum, Mascara. Had lots of coupons and the cashier called the amanger to help her sort it out. Actually her exact words were, " I don't feel comfortable ringing this transaction". Any way, after all my coupons the total was $10.08. I said "Oh, I have this $10 RR, can I use it?" (I got this earlier in the week from Hydroxycut) She said "No, you can't combine it with other coupons and I would have had to enter it in first anyway".
I was already late picking up my kids from school so I didn't have time to go into it.
So, Why can't I use them?

Jamie
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2008, 12:07 PM

RE: Why wouldn't she take my RR?

My Mood/Status:
mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!
As long as you had more items than coupons, she could have taken it (i.e. 5 items, 4 coupons) because the RR rings like a coupon and you cant have more coupons than items at Walgreens.

I also believe the total would have had to be $10 before tax, so you might have needed a small filler and it should have been fine.

RRs do not need to be taken off first - she did not know what she was talking about.

Did the cashier say this or the manager? That seems very unprofessional for employees to be talking that way. They should have been helpful and explained it to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsb28wolf For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 12:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
Born2ShopMamama has posted more than 100 good deals!Born2ShopMamama has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb28wolf View Post
As long as you had more items than coupons, she could have taken it (i.e. 5 items, 4 coupons) because the RR rings like a coupon and you cant have more coupons than items at Walgreens.

I also believe the total would have had to be $10 before tax, so you might have needed a small filler and it should have been fine.

RRs do not need to be taken off first - she did not know what she was talking about.

Did the cashier say this or the manager? That seems very unprofessional for employees to be talking that way. They should have been helpful and explained it to you.
Well, A few of the above might apply.
15 items and used 20 coupons. I guess she wasn't supposed to do that at all, huh?
$7.56 was my subtoal
And it was a manager. She was called by the cashier when the cashier refused to ring me up because "she didn't feel comfortable"
Old 09-19-2008, 12:39 PM

is waiting for her DS to visit 3/27
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeap, thats why. It has to be 10 or more before tax. And it rings up like a man Q. So you will need to throw in some cheap fillers to use RR unless you have more items than Q's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:47 PM

wants you to come bid on my auction!

My Mood/Status:
bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
the coupon count doesn't inc wags coupons just man. coupons
So instore ad coupons and ES coupons don't count towards that count. I can only assume that you had those as you stated you had 15 coupons and 10 items. Sounds like you should have gotten a filler, but she may still not have taken it. Sorry about your experience
Old 09-19-2008, 01:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
She obviously didn't know what she was talking about, as far as not using RR with coupons or having to scan it first, and as long as you had no more than 1 manufacturer's Q for each item (counting the RR) you didn't have too many Qs. Also, this may not apply in your situation, but don't forget that you can't use RR toward ciggarettes, dairy, stamps, or GC - however it wouldn't have worked with the subtotal below $10, anyway.

I did recently recieve an email from wags corporate that said they could adjust the RR value down to the subtotal if the RR value was too high (i.e., if your subtotal was $2.97 before tax you could use a $3 RR to pay it and then only owe tax, but you wouldn't get change for the 3 cents). However, I have never had this option offered to me, and I don't think anybody would believe me or even know how to do it, so I've never tried.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:30 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I had to get a filler a couple of times this week! I like to check out at the cosmetic counter but it is hard to find a cheap filler there!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:32 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think its time to e-mail Catalina and ask them why you couldnt use it? I just actually contacted them myself about an issue regarding a Cashier/Manager and an RR. I also just e-mailed WAGS about this location and Im waiting to hear back from the Store Manager or District Manager.

I have been told by plenty of cashiers that the RR should always be used to be paid with first.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:00 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
smartino has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!smartino has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!smartino has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!smartino has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!smartino has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!smartino has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!smartino has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!smartino has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!smartino has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!smartino has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My stores require rr before any other q.. actually their policy is rr , wags q and then man q.. YMMV HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to smartino For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 02:01 PM

is....

My Mood/Status:
shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
It states on the RR (at least on my robitussin ones) that the total must exceed that amount before taxes. Customer must pay all taxes. I am assuming that is why she did not take it. Had your total been $10.00 or over before taxes and you didn't exceed the man q amount, then she could have taken it.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:18 PM

Couponing Since 05!
Coupon Addict & Lovin It!

My Mood/Status:
applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
yeah you would have just had to get a few filler items to make your total $10 before tax and it would have been fine to take it

"Mom" to
Jonnie & Jennie
Old 09-19-2008, 02:59 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pholdermomof3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I used $70 in RR yesterday and I gave them all my coupons first. She didn't say anything. I am just thankful that in the last two weeks I haven't had any trouble at WG. I have been scared to go after reading all the comments but finally got up the courage to try it.

sorry you had trouble.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:28 PM

is shopping!
AFC Star Member

cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I don't really understand why the manufacturers coupons should go after the RRs. I would like to know how much my total is so I know if I should use a $4.50 RR or a $5 RR. Sometimes I don't know what my total will be. They're all manufacturers coupons and if a have an actual manufacturers coupon for a particular item I would obviously want to use that one and not a RR. Does that make sense?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:26 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
If the RR Q is the first Q they take off, then the system doesn't recognize if you have 10 items and going to scan 10 Man. Q's (since, it's not a "pyschic" register )--the register will only pick up the number of Q's vs. # of items after the Q's are scanned.
Example: have 10 items with 10 Manf. Q's + 1 RR reward--
ring up the Manf. Q's first and the system recognizes that the RR can't be used because there are 10 items and 10 Manf. Q's used, but if the RR is rang up first--all the register picks up is that there is 10 items and no Q's scanned when the RR is ran through. I don't think stores/customers do/did this as an intentional way to work around the RR/manf. Q vs. item limitation but as found it as a solution when they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't take the RR and didn't know read/know all the "fine print" on the RR's.

With all that mumbo jumbo said--it won't take it off if the "before tax" amount is less than the RR amount, regardless how many Manf. Q are used, which is why it wouldn't go through on yours.
Emily (7)

Jeremiah (9)
Shawn (12)

Arissa
Seebe
Frick
Frack
Snow
Old 09-20-2008, 11:14 AM

My Mood/Status:
theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
[quote=kmstang;812191]If the RR Q is the first Q they take off, then the system doesn't recognize if you have 10 items and going to scan 10 Man. Q's (since, it's not a "pyschic" register )--the register will only pick up the number of Q's vs. # of items after the Q's are scanned.
ring up the Manf. Q's first and the system recognizes that the RR can't be used because there are 10 items and 10 Manf. Q's used, but if the RR is rang up first--all the register picks up is that there is 10 items and no Q's scanned when the RR is ran through. I don't think stores/customers do/did this as an intentional way to work around the RR/manf. Q vs. item limitation but as found it as a solution when they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't take the RR and didn't know read/know all the "fine print" on the RR's. [quote]

I'm still not sure I understand this - If I have 10 items + 10 MQ + 1 RR and I scan the RR before the MQ, the RR will take but the register will still refuse the last MQ because the RRs/Qs excede the number of items, right? Either way, the last Q/RR scanned will be refused unless I add a filler, right?
Old 09-20-2008, 08:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
swshopper has posted more than 200 great deals!swshopper has posted more than 200 great deals!swshopper has posted more than 200 great deals!
I don't know if this was covered, but Walgreens will only take 1 RR per transaction. I had dbl. checked with corp. on it about a week ago via email.
I've also did the buy a filler item to use my RR on transactions.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:44 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
tbrown has posted more than 150 good deals!tbrown has posted more than 150 good deals!
Dh and I just left Walgreens and I used two RR on one purchase. It would not take the 3rd, but I only had a few items and had coupons plus the gal at the counter had two others. I guess I was just lucky? It was only about $8 in RR.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
I have been told by some cashiers that they can only take one per transaction, but they only say that if the second one didn't scan and they don't know why. Many times I use more than one with no problem - the RR itself says "number of RR/coupons cannot exceed number of items purchased" - to me this means the number of RR can be more than 1!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:55 AM

is a total COUPON JUNKIE!
cruisin' the boards waiting on my next fix...

My Mood/Status:
TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had this problem once and we did a redo on the transaction.

The RR would beep when I gave it to her last. Soooo...

I gave the the cashier the RR first after the total (since I knew it was all going to be spent) then I handed her the coupons. Worked like a charm!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSoCalMom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2008, 12:25 PM

is glad her kids love school!
Going for 3rd sun/star!

My Mood/Status:
snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!snoopywoman has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have always been told that you can only use 1 RR per transaction. It makes for a pain when you have several RRs! Since I am going there 2-3 times a week now though - it isn't so difficult to use them up! Also, I have occasionally put my items in the car and gone in for another transaction to use another RR. But, I thought I had read that corporate policy was 1 RR per transaction.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:58 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kmstang has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
It will not refuse the Man. Q--there isn't any limit on this, just the RR.

[quote=theirfavoritemommy;812962][quote=kmstang;812191]If the RR Q is the first Q they take off, then the system doesn't recognize if you have 10 items and going to scan 10 Man. Q's (since, it's not a "pyschic" register )--the register will only pick up the number of Q's vs. # of items after the Q's are scanned.
ring up the Manf. Q's first and the system recognizes that the RR can't be used because there are 10 items and 10 Manf. Q's used, but if the RR is rang up first--all the register picks up is that there is 10 items and no Q's scanned when the RR is ran through. I don't think stores/customers do/did this as an intentional way to work around the RR/manf. Q vs. item limitation but as found it as a solution when they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't take the RR and didn't know read/know all the "fine print" on the RR's.
Quote:

I'm still not sure I understand this - If I have 10 items + 10 MQ + 1 RR and I scan the RR before the MQ, the RR will take but the register will still refuse the last MQ because the RRs/Qs excede the number of items, right? Either way, the last Q/RR scanned will be refused unless I add a filler, right?
Emily (7)

Jeremiah (9)
Shawn (12)

Arissa
Seebe
Frick
Frack
Snow
Old 09-22-2008, 04:31 PM

is saving money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have had nothing but problems with the RR. I actually had a cashier at the local WAG be sooo rude to me one day the manager had to re ring me up. The cashier kept arguing even after he was helping me. I was unaware that you could only use one RR per transaction so it had to be redone. I cant wait till the new one is built so I don't have to deal with her.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM

is a total COUPON JUNKIE!
cruisin' the boards waiting on my next fix...

My Mood/Status:
TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
You see when I was doing my transaction the other day where they rang the coupons up first then the RR. It didn't work, so she told me I can't use the RR cause I have coupons. That is obviously NOT the case. So I told her to start over again using the RR first then the q's.

These people need to be schooled!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:09 AM

loves the Lord

auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I used two RR tonight to do the buy 2 cookies and milk and get $3.00 and it worked. I've also given my RR at the beginning of the transaction and also waited until after coupons and given it and it worked (as long as my items weren't less than my coupons and RR's)

I sooooooo agree that "These people need to be schooled!"

Anytime an RR doesn't print (and it doesn't more times then it does) the first response is "Oh, it's because you used a coupon" or "It's because you didn't spend X amount" I have learned the hard way to call their bluff. Now I say, "Would you prove that to me and ring it up without any coupons and show me that the RR will print" Surprise, surprise to this day...it has not printed the RR without the use of the coupon either. Never have they said, Opps I was wrong, you were right. Usually they just say, "Sorry, nothing we can do about it we can't control this machine." To which, I point to the ad and said, "So you're not going to honor your ad?" I HATE Walgreens - not sure why I keep going back - guess to spend my RR's that finally print