Good Deal: Sutton & Dodge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 02:01 PM
I love Target!
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Good Deal: Sutton & Dodge

Sutton & Dodge meat is on sale this week...and there is a $2 Target IP on the generator ($2 off Sutton & Dodge steak-house-quality choice Angus beef: steak or roast). I got a pack of Petit Sirloin Angus beef for $5.39 - $2 q = $3.39...not a bad deal! (I think it is, DH is the only one who likes steak, so we usually don't buy it!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princesspsu57 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:26 PM

RE: Good Deal: Sutton & Dodge

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
how many pounds were in the package? I don't pay for any meat unless I get it for less than $2 a pound...so sad to say that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My family of four: Jackie & Brian
, Kai
Parker
and Mollie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Jackie* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2008, 03:11 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We're planning on stocking up on this deal and freezing it. DH and I love this particular brand of steak way more than any steakhouse in our area, and there tons of them around here.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:23 PM

I love Target!
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A20SomethingMother View Post
how many pounds were in the package? I don't pay for any meat unless I get it for less than $2 a pound...so sad to say that!
The package was almost a pound...it was on sale for $5.99 a pound, down from $7.99. I wish I could find meat for $2 a pound!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princesspsu57 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2008, 10:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!
We also love the Target Meat!! Last time the $2 coupon I bought like 50 pkgs of round steak, sirloin steak and roast!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasMom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 AM

poiseen has posted more than 50 good deals
i agree theis target brand is excellent. I have gone in and found some that had 3.00 off target coupons on them ( last day to sale) and then they still let us use the 2.00 off. We love the sirloins, they are excellent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poiseen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2008, 09:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
mommymyers79 has posted more than 25 good deals
Yay steak

Target is definately the best place to buy steaks that I've found!! I will be stocking up the freezer!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommymyers79 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2008, 12:23 PM

wants to save more $$$
I have the right to remain silent, not the ability

My Mood/Status:
Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love it when I find a $1.50, $2., or $3. off sticker on Target meats. I think the meat at T is fantastic, especially when reduced....adds to the flavor...

Cheri
Old 12-27-2008, 07:19 PM

Truthteller has posted more than 1 good deal
Yuck

Not to bump an old thread but this meat is probably the some of the worst and I MEAN worst meat that I have ever had!! Its sold cheap and its because it is cheap. The stuff tastes like its loaded up with salt. Probably some chemical solution that they use to cure it. I think that there is a whole generation of people that have grown up in this country eating substandard food. This is the only conclusion that I can arrive at when I see people post how good this meat is. Doesnt anyone even know what USDA Prime is? Its not Sutton and Dodge. This meat is garbage!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truthteller For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2008, 08:49 PM

CVSing: Craving Various Steals

My Mood/Status:
momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2plustwins has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Out of curiosity did you join just to post about the meat? Just a guess since your id is Truth Teller and you only have one post.

I personally have had no problems with any of the meat I purchased and Target and have used this $2 coupon many times and usually use more than 1 at a time. Kind of sounds to me like you had one bad experience and that's the end of the road for S&D with you.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:55 PM

LOVES TO SAVE MONEY
vivian

My Mood/Status:
hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I personally think this is very good steak and have had no bad experience
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hello-kitty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2008, 02:05 PM

My drug of choice "Coupons"

My Mood/Status:
cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have not had any problems with this meat either. I do know that my friends in Kansas and Nebraska are really critical of almost all meat. They generally, purchase their meat from a meat market and pay way more than I would ever think of paying. It is good, but I can't afford it. Sutton & Dodge is just fine with me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cajungirl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2008, 02:13 PM

is a CVS addict!

My Mood/Status:
PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We like the Sutton & Dodge meats too! Much better than Wally worlds meats.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!
I agree, we love the meat also!!
The Following User Says Thank You to TexasMom For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2008, 10:41 PM

LOVES TO SAVE MONEY
vivian

My Mood/Status:
hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!hello-kitty has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Their prime rib melts in your mouth its that good all you have to salt and pepper your meat on the grill and comes perefect every time
The Following User Says Thank You to hello-kitty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 02:12 PM

Love saving money!

My Mood/Status:
jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jasmicita has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I can't wait to try it. I bought some with the $3 sticker on it. I agree I won't buy meat now unless is it is less than $2 a pound.

Mom to Ezra
, Casper
and Aspen
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jasmicita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 02:18 PM

calculating deals...and fighting sleep...
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2plustwins View Post
Out of curiosity did you join just to post about the meat?
Perhaps they have a beef with Sutton Dodge?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crackedwillow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM

Booking Newborn Photo shoots!

My Mood/Status:
QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't like steak, but I've got at least 15 frozen packages of meat in my freezer thanks to this coupon! My son and husband love the steak, and I've never heard a complaint out of my husband.
The Following User Says Thank You to QBMOM For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 02:32 PM

wants to save more $$$

My Mood/Status:
Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Cheri has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We really like this meat too and with the Target q it's affordable.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:59 PM

!

what a deal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!what a deal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!what a deal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!what a deal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!what a deal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!what a deal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!what a deal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Remember that you can use the $2 ST IPQ and a "sticker Q" together! I try and go mid-week on my way home and look for the meat one or two days from expiration - they will just usually give me the $3 off at the register for near-expired meat and scan the $2 Sutton & Dodge Q as well. I think the London Broil steaks taste the best when I pay less than $1 for the package!

"So many coupons, so little time"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to what a deal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 05:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
loomoyer has posted more than 25 good deals
We love it too! I used some of the last batch in chili and it was awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to loomoyer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 07:08 PM

is trying to figure out the "new" AFC.
Addicted to Couponing

My Mood/Status:
scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Isn't it bad to buy expired or almost expired meat?

SAHM to Jacob, Jenna, and Nathan
The Following User Says Thank You to scrollic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 07:17 PM

is trying to figure out the "new" AFC.
Addicted to Couponing

My Mood/Status:
scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!scrollic has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspsu57 View Post
Sutton & Dodge meat is on sale this week...and there is a $2 Target IP on the generator ($2 off Sutton & Dodge steak-house-quality choice Angus beef: steak or roast). I got a pack of Petit Sirloin Angus beef for $5.39 - $2 q = $3.39...not a bad deal! (I think it is, DH is the only one who likes steak, so we usually don't buy it!)
Is this meat organic?

SAHM to Jacob, Jenna, and Nathan
The Following User Says Thank You to scrollic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 07:40 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!targetaddict has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrollic View Post
Isn't it bad to buy expired or almost expired meat?
I'm pretty sure the store can't sell you expired meat. So, is it bad to buy almost expired meat? I don't think so. Think about it like this: Let's say Monday mornings are when the meat counter man marks down the meats, usually around 10am. Well, you may walk in around 9:30 that morning and buy the very package he was about to mark down. They mark it down for quick sale, and most people think that there must be something wrong with it. Well, there was nothing wrong with it 30 mins prior to the mark down, and I doubt that it went bad in those 30 mins. It does eventually go bad, sure, but they want to get it out of the store before then.

It's a great deal, really. I buy all sorts of marked down meats and stock my freezer. If you don't think it's good, please don't buy it. Save more for me!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:54 PM

wants to save more $$$

My Mood/Status:
DH and I always buy meat in the reduced meat bin. Sometimes they are just managers specials.
Ck the expiration dates and put it right in the freezer if you are not cooking it that day or the next. BTW, I am extra careful about chicken and pork from the reduced meat bin.

Tags
deal, sutton & dodge, target