HT - Coupon Policy & Other Stuff

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2005, 01:16 PM
loves free groceries!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
HT - coupon policy & other stuff

Harris Teeter - Your Neighborhood Food Market

I am copying the coupon policy straight from HT website:
Harris Teeter - Your Neighborhood Food Market

The bold printed information are my comments.

1. We accept coupons that have not passed their expiration date for use; we can not accept any expired coupons. Now according to the manager at my HT (another AFC member found her HT mgr in agreement): HT will take expired coupons as long as the expiration date is within their 'work week'. Their 'work week' = Wed to Tues. So, if you have a coupon that expires on Monday, you could use it on Tues (key note: WITH MGR APPROVAL) but you could NOT use it on Wed.

2. We accept only one manufacturer coupon per purchased item

3. We do not accept coupons on items not purchased

4. Coupons must be presented at time of purchase; we can not return money for coupons not used

5. Coupons presented and items purchased must match exactly; size, variety, flavor, etc.

6. We uphold any purchase stipulations set forth by product manufacturer

7. We accept only one coupon for Buy One Get one Free items; we can not accept a coupon for a product that is received free. This policy keeps changing Now each item rings up 1/2 price. It is YMMV whether your HT will accept a coupon for each item with little to no hassle.

8. We accept coupons for items only of equal or more value; we don’t give cash back. True, they won't give you actual money! If the face value of your coupon is worth MORE than the regular price of an item, the register will beep and cashier will need a manager to enter coupon manually. And most likely, if the cashier/manager is paying attention, the value they enter into the computer will NOT be the coupon's value BUT the item's value. (They do NOT give overages when the face value of the coupon is more than the price of the item. For more info on overages: read #11.)

9. Sales tax is paid by customer at full retail.

10. We accept 20 double coupons per day per household with VIC card; all others redeemed at face value. The register/computer system will acknowledge your VIC card 5 times per day. It does NOT track coupons. So, technically you can make 4-5 trips into HT on one day and use (20) coupons each time.

11. We double manufacturer coupons up to face value of .99; with total amount not to exceed $1.98 or entire retail of item; whichever is less. Harris Teeter does NOT give overage on a coupon if the coupon (whether single value, double value or triple value) is MORE than the REGULAR PRICE of that item. However, HT WILL give overage (unbeknownst to them) if the coupon is MORE than the VIC price. In the case of the coupon being more than the VIC price, it will only give overage up to the regular price of the item.

Example: During triple coupon week, Colgate toothpaste = 1.99 VIC price. (reg price = 2.99) When I used my 0.75/1 coupon, I received 2.25 (0.75 + 1.50) off my order. Overage = 0.26 -- HT gave me full triple value of the 0.75 coupon b/c it was less than REGULAR price of Colgate.
Same order: I bought a block of HelluvaGood cheese = 2.19 REGULAR price. When I used my 0.75/1 coupon, I received 2.19 (0.75 + 1.44) off my order. No overage. No full triple value of coupon b/c it would've exceeded regular price.

12. We double up to three identical items with manufacturer coupon; additional coupons for like item will be honored at face value. Now this is truly a YMMV. Also HOW this rule is interpreted is YMMV. I had one asst mgr tell me that I could use (6) identical Suave 0.50/1 coupons as long as my (6) Suave product were not all identical. See, the wording does NOT say "3 identical coupons". It says, "3 identical items". And to this asst mgr: (3) Suave shampoos were different from (3) Suave conditioners. Again: YMMV The register will double/triple up to 20 coupons per transaction -- whether all 20 are different or the same. The register has not been programmed with this '3 like coupon' rule. Also, please notice that this rule refers to the doubling (or tripling) of coupons -- it does not refer to those coupons accepted at FACE VALUE ($1+). Nowhere in HT policy do they say anything about accepting many identical coupons that don't double/triple.

13. We accept “cents off” internet coupons

14. No “FREE” product internet coupons are accepted

15. We accept up to two (2) internet coupons per manufacturer product, per store visit. Another rule with tricky wording. See, I do NOT read that as "We ONLY accept TWO internet coupons per order." I read that as "TWO internet coupons per mfr product." Thus, if have (2) internet Dial bodywash coupons AND (2) internet Charmin coupons; then I can use all (4) coupons during one visit. Yes, another YMMV, but I have had HT managers agree with me.

16. We do not accept internet coupons that do not appear to be originals or that won’t scan

17. Internet coupons that state 'not subject to doubling or tripling' will be handled as such Of course we all know that if that coupon barcode starts with a '5', it will double/triple UNLESS the cashier catches it and enters it manually.

I hope this is helpful information to all. LMK if I forgot anything!

Last edited by LyndaSLP; 07-21-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: update information
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008, 04:05 PM

RE: HT - coupon policy & other stuff

Go Buckeyes!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
HT - coupon policy & other stuff

Harris Teeter does not double or triple the value of Internet coupons. With the purchase of two like-manufacturer's products, accept only two Internet coupons, per store, per day. Won't accept Internet coupons that do not appear to be originals or that won't scan. Will not accept any Internet coupons from other retailers. (Baltimore Sun, June 17, 2008)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to carriemb2 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

CBrown9758 has posted more than 100 good deals!CBrown9758 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Can you stack a mfg q with a catalina? For example if I buy a jug of Tide can I use a .50 off mfg q with a .50 off catalina?
Old 09-23-2008, 05:42 PM

Go Buckeyes!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrown9758 View Post
Can you stack a mfg q with a catalina? For example if I buy a jug of Tide can I use a .50 off mfg q with a .50 off catalina?
Not if the Catalinas are manufacturer's coupons. Check the wording on the top of the coupon. I think they almost all say "Manufacturer's Coupon."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to carriemb2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
coupon, policy, stuff