CVS Product Reviews

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2018, 01:28 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

zippy2u has posted more than 400 great deals!zippy2u has posted more than 400 great deals!zippy2u has posted more than 400 great deals!zippy2u has posted more than 400 great deals!zippy2u has posted more than 400 great deals!
CVS Product Reviews

This was a regular feature at WUC and I thought it might be useful to have a similar thread here. This is a good place to weigh in your assessments of products sold at CVS.

Here's my first review. Product: CeraVe Healing Ointment.

https://www.cvs.com/shop/cerave-heal...2?skuId=601518

CVS sells this in two sizes: 3 oz @ $11.99 or 12 oz @ $23.99.

I recently found it on clearance at Target and used coupons to nab a few sample/travel sizes. Last night, I thought I'd check it out as I have notoriously dry skin and my hands are especially a problem as I wash them frequently.

The product claims to have a "non-greasy feel."

I squeezed a generous amount into my palm and rubbed it into my skin, or at least made an effort. I could have sworn it was Vaseline. My hands were totally greasy and it would have been impossible for me to touch anything else without smearing this stuff all over it. So I ran to the bathroom, liberally applied soap and washed my hands. After three liberal applications of soap, it was still on there. Wow. I checked the ingredients. The main ingredient: Petrolatum. In short, this is high priced petroleum jelly masquerading as some kind of high end skin treatment. It has also got hyaluronic acid to help with moisture retention and ceramides 1, 3, and 6-11. These are waxy lipids. Wikipedia does a great job of explaining what these are, but really, if you can't leave the stuff on your hands without smearing grease all over anything you touch, how great can these other additives be?

My advice? Save your money and pick up a tube of Vaseline or its generic equivalent. You won't notice much difference.

To be fair, my skin was nicely moisturized for a while after three handwashings failed to remove the stuff entirely. CVS brand petroleum jelly sells for about $5 for 7.5 oz. As an experiment, I tried it, too. It works almost as well as the CeraVe stuff.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zippy2u For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2018, 05:19 AM

RE: CVS Product Reviews

monkeystyle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!monkeystyle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!monkeystyle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!monkeystyle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!monkeystyle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!monkeystyle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!monkeystyle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!monkeystyle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Good review Zippy.

Yes, I used to read the product review thread and found it helpful.

Good luck with getting your thread started.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeystyle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2018, 05:03 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I recently got a sample of Too Faced Sweet Peach Oil Lip gloss from Ulta and love it! It isnt sticky like a gloss but moisturizes better than a balm. Does anyone know if CVS (or any of the Drugstores really) carry any sort of lip oil that is comparable?

Another product I got hooked on because of a sample (which thankfully is a ds product) is Jergens After Shower Lotion. Its light enough that I dont sweat extra on really humid days just from wearing a thick moisturizer but moisturizing enough that it works for me. I only use very little, maybe 3-4 little pea sized dollops so the bottle lasts for a L-O-N-G time. I like the coconut scent best but all three scents are OK, none trigger my floral based allergies. With the Jergens you dont rinse off after applying the product which means the shower floor isnt slippery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 01:04 PM

zippy2u has posted more than 400 great deals!zippy2u has posted more than 400 great deals!zippy2u has posted more than 400 great deals!zippy2u has posted more than 400 great deals!zippy2u has posted more than 400 great deals!
Thanks for the reviews. I like Jergens hand lotion with the cherry scent. My grandmother always used it. It's nice and light.

I wanted to weigh in on two Pillsbury products that may or may not be at CVS. There is a range of mixes for cupcakes and brownies/blondies that are supposed to evoke the culinary experience of Girl Scout cookies. I've tried two now.

One: Cupcake mix. Thin mints. They are pretty mediocre. They have a ganache icing that is hard when it sets. They were a gourmet treat compared to the next item.

Two: Blondies mix. Samoas. Now I love both of these Girl Scout cookie varieties, but they really missed the boat on this one. You get a bag of dry mix with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and coconut flakes. Add a couple tablespoons of water, an egg, and an entire stick of melted butter, in that order, to the mix. It was pretty viscous and I had to smash it into the pan. 8 x 8. Bake for the prescribed time.
Mine, even when fully baked, was a sodden greasy mess that barely rose. They have so little to do with Samoa cookies that you'd probably have a more positive experience snacking on the box it came in.

I got both of these as markdowns at the Grocery Outlet & Target with rebate deals from Checkout51 & Savingstar. I still have a box that I will donate.

My recommendation? Run the other way. The best part of these mixes is the graphics on the outside of the boxes. Stay away from the contents. Do not waste your money.

Last edited by zippy2u; 04-18-2018 at 01:09 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zippy2u For This Useful Post: